It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of America: Debt, Debt Clock and Possibly No Way Out?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No Way Out ??? Or Nothing to Worry About?

Current Total U.S. Debt and growing.... $16.9 Trillion dollars....see clock below for breakout of components!

Really, all you have to do is click on the real Debt Clock and you can move from category to category and it will give you a description of what it represents.

"You have never seen in the history of the United States the debt ceiling or the threat of not raising the debt ceiling being used to extort a President or a governing party,"

[url=http://www.usdebtclock.org/]Automated U.S. Debt Clock Here

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And yet we keep on voting these jerks into office. Every. Single. Time.

It's our collective fault. It's our fault that we haven't sacked the whitehouse and the houses of congress and senate and sent these leeches packing.

It's about time.

- SN

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

SadistNocturne
- SN

I don't vote. (It's all a corrupt puppet display) Am I to blame?

I don't think so...
edit on 19/9/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No way out for sure.

But if you know what you are doing, you can profit from economic collapse or recession.

Yes, it's coming. And soon. Sure, just my personal opinion, blah, blah. But its probably near the end of this year or beginning of 2014.

COUGHPETERSCHIFFCOUGH

Respects,

-AA

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Obama should be thrown into a vat of cement...but that would be setting a bad president!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

It's our collective fault. It's our fault that we haven't sacked the whitehouse and the houses of congress and senate and sent these leeches packing.

It's about time.

- SN

You mean that Americans should attack their own white house to take back the government?

You will just end up in jail, and the white house will write more broader expanding laws to make sure they can track every single American and profile their politics.

Stop paying taxes, stop taking out loans, stop doing drungs and drinking alcohol. kill the beast where it sleeps.

Not that I think any of that would change anything considering the scope of population that would need to be on board for anything to make a difference.

TPTB are not that smart as far as I can tell. They rely on the 'laws of power' created centuries ago. Creative thinking is not their strong point. That is why university students get raped for their knowledge.

Kick back and relax, this fire will burn itself out sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

SadistNocturne
- SN

Ask anyone, 'congress sucks, except for my guy/gal.' The last election saw something like an 85% re-election rate.

LightSpeedDriver

I don't think so...

I think so. You personally? No, but the mentality that 'it doesn't matter, so why bother?'

Forty percent of Americans don't vote. The last presidential elections was decided by less than five percentage points. The president of the United States was elected by a little more than a third of the voting age population.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is a short vid ..." Canadian billionaire businessman Ned Goodman predicts the end of the U.S. Dollar as the world's reserve currency. He predicts the transition out of the U.S. Dollar will become, "...quite ugly."

Lecture at Cambridge House's Toronto Resource Investment Conference 2013 on Thursday, September 12, 2013.

"In my view, the dollar is about to become dethroned as the world's de facto currency. I'll tell you how I came to that conclusion so quickly... the new President of China, Xi Jinping, his first visit on the day of his becoming President, was at his request to meet with Mr. Putin. And he immediately made a deal with Mr. Putin to get all the oil that he needs, which he can buy in Renminbi."

"We're headed to a period of stagflation, maybe serious inflation, but stagflation for sure, and the United States will be losing the privilege to print at its will, the world's reserve currency. A period that's going to be very inflationary, and I can tell you that before that happens, it is likely that it is going to get quite ugly." - Ned Goodman
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks all for caring and replying.

It looks like this thread has quickly moved out of the view of the ATSers......hard to find......so I guess some PTB just don't want us to know the problem and potential impact.....Peace!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver

SadistNocturne
- SN

I don't think so...

I never once stated I believe in the system as it stands one bit. The idea of an electoral college simply suggests we are too ignorant to make the decisions ourselves.

And why in the world did you feel a finger pointed at you ?

Sheesh....I was talking about America as a *whole*....

- SN

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

This worries me for selfish reasons. My husband is military. We will not get paid!!! My bills will not get paid. My car note will not get paid. My utilities wont get paid. Nothing will get paid. I wonder if my creditors will accept an IOU with no additional penalities/fees? I wonder if when it is straightened out we will get interest? NO WAY.

This sucks. I am so furious.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

k21968

This worries me for selfish reasons. My husband is military. We will not get paid!!! My bills will not get paid. My car note will not get paid. My utilities wont get paid. Nothing will get paid. I wonder if my creditors will accept an IOU with no additional penalities/fees? I wonder if when it is straightened out we will get interest? NO WAY.

Yeah, it does suck and really so irresponsible. I hope you and your husband (my blessings to his service) are not impacted. As former military...I still want to believe in this great nation, but felt compelled to post this thread. Wishing you and your family all the best. Peace!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

k21968

It is not selfish in the slightest bit to expect to be paid for having a loved one voluntarily put themselves in harms way in the name of our nation...

Our "elected" Gov't should be ashamed...

- SN

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

links234
Forty percent of Americans don't vote. The last presidential elections was decided by less than five percentage points. The president of the United States was elected by a little more than a third of the voting age population.

I'll give a # about voting when two things happen...

A) We're offered real alternatives, not lesser versions of the same damned evil....

B) When the "good ol' boy" two party system quits with the stranglehold on the system. In this day and age, you simply CANNOT even hope to get onto a nationally televised debate without being a member of either party....We tell our children "You can grow up to be President"...BS...."You can grow up to be President IF you become a member of the Democratic or Republican party!"

- SN

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

You need to be a realist. The system is broken now because of nearly a century of breaking the system. Congress stopped adding representatives in 1921, this has resulted in the need for 'big tent' parties that will cater to anyone who even slightly shares their interests. Everything went downhill from there.

Our country is at the point now that we have to start from the very bottom. City councils, state houses...

If you refuse to vote alltogether, you aren't helping solve the problem. If you aren't showing up to primary races you aren't picking the candidates.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

links234

You need to be a realist. The system is broken now because of nearly a century of breaking the system. Congress stopped adding representatives in 1921, this has resulted in the need for 'big tent' parties that will cater to anyone who even slightly shares their interests. Everything went downhill from there.

Our country is at the point now that we have to start from the very bottom. City councils, state houses...

If you refuse to vote alltogether, you aren't helping solve the problem. If you aren't showing up to primary races you aren't picking the candidates.

Thanks for the chuckle! Really, it came at a good time.

Have you ever considered taking your act on stage?

- SN

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I have! It doesn't pay as well though.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think you missed my point. The illusion of choice that politics is is just that, an illusion. The wheel just keeps on rolling inexorably in the same direction regardless of which colour party gets voted in. In the USA, my native UK or the Netherlands where I now live it;s the same all over. I cannot accept the "if you don't vote, you don't help" argument. History is, I believe, on my side. War after war, corrupt politician after corrupt politician after sexual scandal, etc, etc...

Sorry if you had the impression I was personally attacking you, I wasn't. It just iritates me that people don't see the bigger picture but then I gues I'm just old, bitter and frustrated.

Peace

George Carlin can word it much better than me.

edit on 23/9/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

LightSpeedDriver

I think you missed my point. The illusion of choice that politics is is just that, an illusion. The wheel just keeps on rolling inexorably in the same direction regardless of which colour party gets voted in. In the USA, my native UK or the Netherlands where I now live it;s the same all over. I cannot accept the "if you don't vote, you don't help" argument. History is, I believe, on my side. War after war, corrupt politician after corrupt politician after sexual scandal, etc, etc...

Sorry if you had the impression I was personally attacking you, I wasn't. It just iritates me that people don't see the bigger picture but then I gues I'm just old, bitter and frustrated.

Peace

George Carlin can word it much better than me.

edit on 23/9/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

I apologize my friend, I misread the intent of your post...thank you for being so polite in how you pointed it out to me!

I believe you and I have much in common.

I love it when people say to me "you've got to change the system from within"...which is nothin more than a huge joke...as if "WE the PEOPLE" actually have that opportunity.

Has nobody ever read up on the Electoral College? Does NOBODY wonder why a non-Democrat or non-
Republican cannot even begin to make it onto televised debates? Guess what, if you don't make it onto the sqwakbox, you're not going to get elected.

Yepp, as that incredibly wise man Bill Hicks once said about our political party "Two puppets, one body controlling them both" (paraphrased heavily, but the meaning is there...)

- SN

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You're thinking on this all wrong.

The 21st century slave owners are the bankers to whom debt is owed.

How do we "free" ourselves?

We borrow all their money, park it in accounts within our borders and then tell them we can't pay them back, that investing is a risk, that they took the risk and lost.

Sure they will whine and threaten to change our credit rating, but it won't matter a lick as we'll have the money. They won't be able to send any forces either to "break" our legs like a shylock, they won't have any $ to pay those forces.

We'll be free of the yoke of the slaver of generational debt and if they get to uppity we can nationalize any and all corporations they have within our borders.

That'll teach 'em right quick and in a jiffy that we are all wise to the SHAM of banking.

Derek

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join