It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Me While I Gloat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Rear Adm.Dick Van Orden, USN (Ret.) tells the world about his frustration and consternation over the recent Presidential election.

Pardon Me While I Gloat

I am not normally a cheerful loser or a gracious winner. Whether its tiddly-winks or war at sea, I want to win, win, win! In fact, I hate to lose and when I win I sometimes want to rub the loser's nose in his defeat. After a sleepless night I feel just rotten enough that the past six months of lies and innuendos from the Kerry camp have it all come home to make me more vindictive than usual. As a result, I want to gloat. Here's why:

I am happy that the sound common sense of a majority of America's voters resulted in a solid victory for a true patriot-and in the humiliating defeat of a lying traitor. There was no doubt in my mind that Bush's truthfulness and forthrightness would prevail against the lies and half-truths of Kerry and his supporters, and I am pleased that a majority of good folks saw the light and pushed the Bush/Cheney button for justice and for increasing support for the nation's bright future.

I am pleased that the left-leaning media-newspapers, radio, TV and newsmagazines-got their bell rung, but good. Now we are assured that these self-appointed "opinion makers" cannot pull the wool over the eyes of most of us, no matter how hard they twist the facts. Their early reporting of the "leaked" fraudulent exit polls and their sponsorship of other badly skewed voter polls were designed to mislead voters, in which they failed-miserably. And Dan Rather deserves a special place in hell.

[...]

Full text at link:

braden.weblogger.com...

I like this guy. He really sums up the feelings of a lot of folks, I believe.

[edit on 04/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Then, there are those who believe both are traitors. Politicians are good at one thing, bilking people out of money, they are generally con-men. Now, due to the prevalence of these pirates, Bush may seem like a patriot. Though, when taken into context of our classic Patriots, he is a pirate. To call Bush or most any other politician of this day a Patriot, is a slap in the face to our past American heroes.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Fair enough, he has the right to say these things.

The only real issue I have is with this statement:

There was no doubt in my mind that Bush's truthfulness and forthrightness would prevail...

I am still not convinced as to this line of thinking yet. I am still one of those who believe that there have been some big 'ol whoppers told to the American people and some backdoor politicing going on. But who am I to say?
Bush still needs to prove himself to me (and a lot of other Americans), as I have not seen anything but a little man with a big friggin army and an arrogant attitude. I will be watching, lest I miss him for once representing the interests of ALL Americans, not just the Christian majority and big business.
Only time will tell. I just hope that the majority have not doomed us all to a life we don't deserve.

Peace,
BG

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I love that article! It is a refreshing change!

The silent majority beat the "vocal" media, hollywood, and the rockers.

The whining of the left has made the win much more enjoyable.

P.S. I am NOT critisizing the whining, please keep it up... I heard Michael Moore is planning another movie, I just hope that the next one is just as effective as the last one.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The rest of the world doesn't mind watching you gloat. It will just make it all the more gratifying when the US economy finally does tank and Americans discover that their national myth (absolute superiority) is just that: a myth.

A people when they are at the perceived height of their power often find it difficult to imagine a time when they could not remain at that height in power (which I would argue came for America between 1991 and 1995 when the USSR tanked and the US captured a near 20% increase in international dollar hegemony. All that added capital had to go somewhere, so the US invested in a tech-boom, which has, as we all know now,
ka-boomed). Gone are the days of unlimited American power. A military means very little if you haven't got the economy to back it up (again, see the case of the USSR, which was at the height of its military power when it imploded into economic and political bankruptcy).

This "America today, America forever" hubris is dangerous, because you let down your guard, as you are doing today in the middle east and in China. You are letting yourself be drawn into fights that you can't win (and no, genocide doesn't count as a victory, unless you can consolidate that genocide).

Good luck, and have a nice ride.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, just one article that nicely balances all the junk from salon.com and The New York Times , etc. I'm really getting tired of hearing how ignorant, intolerant (and worse! ) the people who voted for the President are.

I think he was kind of tough on James Carville though. Mr. Carville was the first Democrat I saw to actually concede that Kerry had lost. He was even almost gracious speaking of the President's victory.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

There was no doubt in my mind that Bush's truthfulness and forthrightness would prevail against the lies and half-truths of Kerry and his supporters

In my understanding he is calling anyone who supported Kerry a liar who spews half truths out. To me that seems like one big generalization.

Also, I do not beleive he sums up the feelings of a lot of folks. Later on in his article he says his comments throughout are meant to be mean spirited. I do not beleive that is the case, most people who supported the President have been sedate in "rubbing in" the win of President Bush. (They havent been out denouncing Liberals as evil twisted backard people) He may speak for some people, but I would think he hardly speaks for a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think all the gloating ought to be saved until we see how this president performs awhile longer. Alot could happen in four years you know. Even if Kerry had won I would'nt have really "gloated" just in case I'd made the wrong decision and he'd really messed up later. Anyone you vote for is a risk. You really don't know that person or how well he's going to do while he is in office. Despite how well his campaign managers or his party depict him.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I agree, I'd wait and see if he doesn't make all his voters look like asses before you gloat.

Unless you are either a) one not to care what he does because he's a republican, or b) one to think everything he does is better than some stinkin' liberal.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I didn't mean that everyone who voted for Bush has the Admiral's personality. What I meant was that he boldly states the sentiments toward a generally mean-spirited opposition that many of us feel. I'm not one to gloat or to brag unduly over success, but beside that, the Admiral does a good job of expressing how many of us felt about the election campaign.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have no doubt that conservatives have felt the nastiness of the opposition. Conversely, I don't think either side is really to blame or let off the hook.

This was a nasty campaign on both sides, and one not to be too proud about.

The ideas might be good or even nobel, but they will never be heard in anger. Thus our points fell on deaf ears more often than not.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well being an Admiral, he had reasons to dislike Kerry and his treasonous acts, it is nice that most people saw through that and that Kerry was not qualified to be CiC.......

Anchor's Away Admiral!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh, I'm so glad that gloating is GOOD thing now. Wait, that couldn't be the reason the world hates us is it?

Not only do we attack them, we attack each other! Sweet!

I sure am proud to be an American- freedom to gloat to all, unless you lose, then you just SUCK!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The level of hate Americans have for eachother is nothing to gloat about.

I honestly think it's a damn shame.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
once again displaying what a massive EGO you have, grady.
pride is a sin, you know. HAHA!

ignore that the machines were programmed by a republican. ignore all the glaring inaccuracies in the voting system. there's no time to investigate truth! you have gloating to do! kinda sounds like a bullfrog. puff those cheeks out with wind, ....now let out a big GLOOOOOOOOOAT. all the hot lady frogs are gonna be all over you, baby.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I love this place. America= home of free speech, free gloating, free to seriously dislike thy nosy neighbor, free to decide between generics and name brand, free to vote, free to form secrete societies, free to post @ ATS...WTF more could anybody ask for?
Please don't get upset if your guy did'nt win....be thankfull your an american...and if not, please let one of the american secrete societies know how unhappy you are about being an american..hehe they WILL help you OUT!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Im proud of my country, but we need to knock ourselves down a peg, the rest of the world hears us and is biding their time to collapse the hell out of our dollar, you can see how it's slipping against the euro and gold.

What happens when a country ruthlessly does what it wants, America comes in and kicks their arse. What happens when America ruthlessly does what it wants? Subterfuge, and soft manipulation.

We are going to implode and cannibilize every last nickel on military might, just so we can have the right to go kick some 3rd world countries ass over oil.

Yep, I'm proud to be a shamless, religious hatemongering, different than us is bad, oil stealing bully.

Americans are trying to fix the world by spending billions and billions on destruction, why can't we make emergency powers to solve our healthcare and homelessness crisis?

If 500 Billion dollars is enough to topple an entire sovereign nation, imagine what it could do if turned inward with a purpose to solve "American problems".

Hmm so tuff to decide a new fighter jet for 2 million dollars, or you just built a shelter for 100 homelss people. Or covered 25 uninsured children with healthcare.

You be the judge folks, can we really afford war? Can we really afford to conveniently overlook Americans without health insurance and homes. Hell many of the homeless are our own Veterans.

America %@#& YEAH!

-ADHDsux4me

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ADHDsux4me]

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ADHDsux4me]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgandrew
Americans discover that their national myth (absolute superiority) is just that: a myth.
Your dead wrong....not all Americans think we have "absolute superiority" not all Americans think we can do anything with no consequences...the rest of the world needs to remember that only 51% wanted Bush in office...don't clump all of together like that. We have no control over what our government does..

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why bother with elections anymore, gloat all you want, too many people can see for themeselves it is gloating over a place at war college where cheating so cleverly achieves nothing.

At West Point:

Eisenhower believed that cadets who learned to handle human problems would ultimately become better leaders.
Initially, that idea met strong resistance from academy officials. But they did draft an honor pamphlet in 1947 and coined the phrase that became synonymous with the academy's honor code - "a cadet will neither lie, cheat nor steal." Today, the code reads: "A cadet will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do." Nothing about it is taken lightly by the Corps of Cadets or USMA's staff and faculty.

Nurturing Army Ethics

Excuse me but the military is in a war and the theme of this post is "gloating," about the election. You can get a pardon from Bush for gloating.

I presume the West Point credo carries forward into military life, the credo is the same in every military college.

I do not pardon gloating over an election and a cilivilian government whose prime issues are violating the above. I pray God will forgive us all, but in this world we all have to defend ourselves from those who have zero morals, who also claim sanctity on issues for which they do nothing.

So go ahead, don't even bother with elections anymore, since "lying, cheating, and stealing," are all you have to gloat about.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I say we gloat about how many counries we invaded(oops I mean liberated). Lets gloat on how many civ's we killed in the last three years. My country is better than yours. Nanenanenane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join