It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (arguably) original Aramaic commands of Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I could not find a compilation source list online from the Aramaic texts, so I gathered them from the Aramaic Gospel translation project to share for students to compare scriptures to their more familiar translations. Translations shared only so willing students can discern materials for themselves and not with intent to stir debate or controversy.

Statement of Significance and Impact of Project:
The purpose of this project is to translate the Bible from the original Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke. In its present translations the Bible contains thousands of verses which do not rhyme or maintain any appreciable poetic structure, whereas the original Aramaic version is a masterfully written and poetically beautiful work. Besides considerations of style, there are extensive passages in the present English language versions that are translated so poorly from an idiomatic standpoint that the scholar, let alone the layman can hardly understand them. And there are two larger issues in the humanities, which will benefit by a non-denominational, authentic translation of the Bible according to standards of literary excellence. First of all, the major reason for the insistence of Western Biblical theologians that Greek was the original language of the Gospel can be traced to the original controversies between the Greek converts to Christianity and the founding Jewish Christians. In addition, a Bible translated from Aramaic, with total disregard for the influence of the churches will not contain racist connotations. Mostly theologians grinding their own ax have imposed these on it. The second consideration is to expose the influence that the Aramaic language has had on early English, Shakespearean English and subsequent literature and thought, because of the place of the Bible in English society throughout the Christian era. Therefore, restoring the Aramaic idioms and poetic constructions through a fresh translation from the original Aramaic, would likewise benefit American students and scholars of humanities in their renewed appreciation for the language of the Bible. The readership of the Bible [in authentic translation] would be dramatically expanded, since people of all cultures and religious backgrounds could read it for purely literary reasons. And the students of religion would find it a very profound work of theological thought. For the deeply religious Christian, it would be a breath of fresh air, as passage after passage begins to read with clarity, style and impact.

www.v-a.com...

The 50 Aramaic Commandments of Christ

Repent
"Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is approaching."(Matthew 4:17)

Follow Me
"Follow me and I will make you hunters of humanity."(Matthew 4:19)

Rejoice
11. "Blessed are you when they criticize you and reject you and tell you every wicked saying
Because of me, in falsehood.12. "Be glad and rejoice that your reward is great in Heaven. For this is how they rejected the prophets before you."(Matthew 5:11–12)

Let Your Light Shine
16. "This is how your light will shine before humanity, so they can see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."(Matthew 5:16)

Honour God’s Law
17. "Do not expect that I came to retire the law or the prophets. I did not come to retire, except to fulfil. 18. "For amen I am telling you,that until heaven and earth pass away, not one dot or one line
shall pass away from the law, until all takes place. 19. "Whoever loosens thus one of these small commandments, and teaches according to humanity, the smaller he shall be regarded In the Kingdom of Heaven. Then whoever observes and teaches these, shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
20. "For I am telling you, if your righteousness does not go beyond that of the scribes and Pharisees,
you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven."(Matthew 5:17-20)

Be Reconciled
22. "However, I am telling you, whoever is angry with his brother unfairly,will be held accountable in trial. And whoever spits at his brother, is answerable before the congregation. And whoever says, 'Lunatic”, is condemned to hell fire. 23. "If you bring your sacrifices for offering like this, and there you remember that your brother holds such a grudge against you: 24. "Leave your sacrifice on the altar there, Go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and make your offering. 25. "Reconcile with your enemy quickly, while still on the road, Lest not your enemy deliver you to the judge and the judge deliver you to the guard and you end up in prison."(Matthew 5:22–25)

continued...
edit on 18-9-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Do not Lust
27. "You heard that it was said, 'Do not fornicate?' 28. "But, I am telling you, whoever looks upon a woman lustfully, At once he has fornicated with her in his heart. 29. "If your right eye causes you to commit an offence, pluck it out and throw it away from you, for you are better off losing one of your members and not having your entire body thrown into hell. 30. "And if your right hand causes you to commit an offence, cut it and throw it away from you, For you are better off losing one of your members and not having your entire body thrown into hell."(Matthew 5:27–30)

Keep Your Word
37. "Except your words should be, 'Yes, yes' and 'No, no.'Anything more is from the evil one."(Matthew 5:37)

Go the Second Mile
38. "You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'39. "But, I am telling you, do not rise up against evil, except whoever strikes you on the right side, turn to him the other. 40. "And whoever wishes to put you on trial, and take your shirt from you, Leave him your cape too. 41. "Whoever forces you to go a mile, go with him two.42. "Whoever asks you [for something,] give it to him; and whoever wishes to benefit from you, do not stop him."(Matthew 5:38–42)

Love Your Enemies
44. "But, I am telling you, like your enemy and bless those who curse you And do good to those who hate you and pray for those who exploit you and leave you bare; 45. "So that you become the sons of your heavenly Father, He who makes his sun shine on the good and the wicked, and brings down the rain on the righteous and the abominable. 46. "For if you like those who like you, what are you to be compensated for? Do not even the revenue collectors do this? 47. "And if you greet your brothers only,What good is that? Do not the revenue collectors do this also?"

Be Mature
48. "Be therefore mature people, like your Father in heaven is Mature."(Matthew 5:48)

Practice Secret Disciplines
1. "However, scrutinize your charitable acts, so you do not do them to show off before people.
Otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father. 2. "When you do charity, do not blow your own horn, as do the hypocrites in synagogues and market places, so as to be glorified before humanity. And amen I am telling you, they have received their recompense. 3. "You, however, when you do charity, let not your left [hand] know what your right [hand] is doing.4."So that your charity is unseen, and your Father, who sees the unseen, shall compensate you in the open. 5. "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand in the synagogues and the market place corners to pray, so as to be seen by humanity. And, amen, I am telling you, they have received their recompense. 6. "You, however, when you pray, enter your home and shut your door, and pray to your Father unseen.
And your Father who sees the unseen, will repay you openly. 7. "And when you pray, do not chant like the pagans, for they expect through babbling,they will be heard.8. "Thus do not imitate them, for your Father knows what you need, before you ask for it. 9. "Therefore, this is how you shall pray: Our heavenly Father, hallowed is your name. 10. "Your Kingdom is come. Your will is done, As in heaven so also on earth. 11. "Give us the bread for our daily need. 12. "And leave us serene, just as we also allowed others serenity. 13. "And do not pass us through trial, except separate us from the evil one.
For yours is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory to the end of the universe, of all the universes." Amen! 14. "For if you forgive human beings their faults, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15. "But if you do not forgive human beings, your Father will not forgive your faults also. 16. "However, when you fast, do not look sour like the hypocrites, For they put on a different face for others,to look like they are fasting. And amen I am telling you they have received their recompense.
17. "But when you fast, wash your face and anoint your head, 18. "To appear as if you are not fasting,
except to your Father in secret, and your Father who sees in secret, He will repay you."
(Matthew 6:1–18)

Lay Up Treasures
19. "Do not set your treasures on earth, where rust and pestilence destroy, and where thieves dig and steal. 20. "Except, set your treasures in heaven, where neither rust nor pestilence destroy, and where thieves do not dig or steal. 21. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be."
(Matthew 6:19–21)

Seek God’s Kingdom
33. "Seek first, however, the Kingdom of Allaha and his righteousness, and all these things will be granted to you. 34. "Do not worry then that morning is approaching, for the morning will have its own worries, there is enough evil in each day."(Matthew 6:33-34)

Judge Not
1. "Do not judge, so as not to be judged. 2."For by the judgement that you judge, you shall be judged,
And by the measure that you measure, you shall be measured. 3. "Why do you see the straw in your brother's eye, and the beam that is before your eye you do not notice?"(Matthew 7:1–3)

Do Not Cast Pearls
6. "Do not give what is blessed to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample on them with their feet, and turn back and rend you.” (Matthew 7:6)

Ask, Seek, Knock
7. "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you will find. knock and it shall be opened to you.
8. "For whoever asks, receives,and [whoever] seeks, finds. And whoever knocks, it is opened to them." (Matthew 7:7–8)

Do Unto Others
12. "Whatever you wish that human beings do for you, likewise you also do for them, for this is 'the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)

Choose the Narrow Way
13. "Enter through the narrow door, for wide is the door, and broad is the path that leads to oblivion,
and numerous are those who go that way.14. But it is the constricting door and the narrow path that lead to life everlasting, and few are those that find it.”(Matthew 7:13–14)

Beware of False Prophets
15. "Beware of false prophets that come to you in sheep's clothing, but from inside they are ravenous wolves.16. "By their fruit you will know them. Why, do they pluck grapes from wild brush, or figs from thorn bushes?”(Matthew 7:15–16)

Pray For Labourers
37. And he told his disciples, "The harvest is bountiful and the labourers few, 38. "Ask the Lord of the Harvest then to provide labourers for the harvest."(Matthew 9:37-38)

Be Wise as Serpents
16. "Behold, I am sending you as sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents and pure as doves.
(Matthew 10:16)

Fear God, Not Man
26. "Do not be so afraid of them, for there is nothing secret, that is not revealed and nothing hidden, that will not become known. 27. "What I tell you in the dark, tell it in the light. And what you hear in your ears, preach it from the rooftops. 28. "And do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but cannot kill the soul. However, fear more the one who destroys the soul and the body in hell.
(Matthew 10:26-28)

Hear God’s Voice
12. "From the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of Heaven will be gained by austerity, and the disciplined shall win it. 13. "For all the prophets and Scriptures prophesied until John. 14. "And if it pleases you to accept it, he was the Elijah who was destined to come.15. "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” (Matthew 11:12-15)

continued..

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Take My Yoke
28. "Come to me, all you mourners and carriers of burdens, and I shall give you peace. 29. "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, as I am easy and gentle of heart, and you shall find peace in your souls. 30. "For my yoke is pleasant and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Honour Your Parents
4. "For Allaha said, honour your father and mother, and whoever batters his father or mother, will die [the final] Death.” (Matthew 15:4)

Beware of Leaven
4. "An evil and adulterous generation wants a sign and no sign shall be given it, except for the sign of Jonah the Prophet." And he left them and went away. 5. And as his disciples came to pass, they sought to partake of bread with them.6. He told them, however, "Look, be careful of the leaven (false doctrine) of the Pharisees and Sadducees."(Matthew 16:4-6)

Deny Yourself
23. And he told it before everyone,"Whoever desires to follow me, should curse his own self and take up his cross everyday and follow me. 24. "For whoever desires to save their life will lose it. But those that lose their life for my sake, they are the ones that shall save it. 25. "For what benefits a human being to gain the whole world, but lose his soul forever?26. "Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in glory of His Father, together with His holy angels. 27. "Truly I tell you, there are human [beings] that are standing here, who shall not taste death until they see the Kingdom of Allaha."(Luke 9:23)

Despise Not Little Ones
10. "See to it that you do not corrupt one of these little ones. For I tell you their angels see the face of my Father in heaven at all times.11. "For the Son of Man came to bring back to life that which was lost.” (Matthew 18:10-11)

Go to Offenders
15. "If your brother fools you, go and resolve it between yourselves, if he listens, you have gained a brother.16. "And if he does not listen to you, get one or two [people,] so that every word is supported by two or three witnesses. 17. "If he does not listen to them also, tell the church. If he does not listen to the church either, you are dealing with a revenue collector and a pagan.18. "And, amen, I am telling you, that whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, And whatever you undo on earth, will be undone in heaven.19. "Again I am telling you, if two of you are in agreement on earth regarding whatever you wish to ask, It shall be given to you from my Father in heaven. 20. "For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them." (Matthew 18:15-20)

Forgive Offenders
21. "Then Keepa [Peter] approached him and said to him, "How many times if my brother fools me, should I forgive him? Seven times?"22. Eashoa said to him,"I am not telling you until seven,
except until seventy times seven seven.” (Matthew 18:21–22)

Honor Marriage
5. "And it said, because of this a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife and they become both one flesh. 6. "From then on they are not two, except one body. What Allaha has thus united, a human being does not separate."(Matthew 19:5-6)

Be a Servant
25. And Eashoa called them and said to them, "You know that the leaders of the nations are their masters and their lords impose their authority over them. 26. "However, let it not be such between you, except whoever among you wishes to be a leader, let him minister to you. 27. "And whoever among you wishes to be first, let him be a servant to you.” (Matthew 20:25–27)

Be a House of Prayer
13. And he told them, it is written that, "My house shall be called the house of prayer, you, however, have made it into a robbers' cave." (Matthew 21:13)

Ask in Faith
21. Eashoa replied and said to them, "Amen, I am telling you, if there is faith in you, and you do not equivocate, not only you can annihilate this fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain that it be taken and dropped into the sea, it shall be done. 22. "And whatever you ask for in prayer and you have faith, you will be granted." (Matthew 21:21–22)

Render to Caesar
19. "Show me the head tax dinara." They handed him a dinara. 20. And Eashoa said to them, "Whose image and writing is this?" 21. They said, "Caesar's" He told them, "Give then [what belongs] to Caesar to Caesar and [what belongs] to Allaha to Allaha." (Matthew 22:19–21)

Love the Lord
36. "Educator, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37. Eashoa then told him, "That you love your Lord Allaha with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind. 38. "This is the greatest and first commandment.” (Matthew 22:36–38)

Love thy Neighbour
39. "And the second, that is like it, that you love your best friend as yourself. 40. "By these two commandments hang the Bible and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:39-40)

Await My Return
42. "Hold the vigil thus, as you do not know at what hour your Master will come. 43. "This then you should know, that if the master of the house knew the watch, during which the thief would come, he would not allow the thief to ransack his house. 44. "Because of this, you also rest assured, that in the hour that you did not anticipate, shall come the Son of Man. 45. "Who becomes the faithful and wise servant that the master sets over the members of his house, to bring him produce during season? 46. "Blessed is the servant whose master finds him doing such when he comes. 47. "Amen, I am telling you, that he will raise him over everything he has.” (Matthew 24:42–47)

Remember Christ’s Sacrifice in Communion
26. As they ate, Eashoa took the bread and blessed it and broke it and gave it to his disciples, and he said, "Consume it, this is my body."27. And he took the cup and made the covenant and gave it to them and said, "Drink in fulfilment of it, all of you. 28. "This is my blood of the New Covenant, that will be spilled on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins. 29. "I am telling you then, that I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until the day in which I shall drink it with you anew in the Kingdom of Allaha."(Matthew 26:26–29)

Watch and Pray
41. "Wake up and pray so as not to enter into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is failing."
(Matthew 26:41)

Baptize My Disciples
19. "Go therefore teach all the nations, and baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”. (Matthew 28:19)

Make Disciples
20. "And teach them to observe everything I commanded you, and behold I am with you all the days, until the end of the universe, amen." (Matthew 28:20)

Receive God’s Power
47. "And Grace shall be preached in his name for the forgiveness of sins to all the nations, and the start will be from Jerusalem. 48. "And I shall send you the Rule of my Father. You, however, stay in Jerusalem city, until you are arrayed in Power from the Highest.” (Luke 24:47-48)

Give
38. Give, and it shall be given to you,...through a fine strainer,......and shaken and poured overflowing, for you, for by the measure that you measure, it shall be measured onto you." (Luke 6:38)

continued...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Deny Yourself
23. And he told it before everyone, "Whoever desires to follow me, should curse his own self and take up his cross everyday and follow me. 24. "For whoever desires to save their life will lose it. But those that lose their life for my sake, they are the ones that shall save it.25. "For what benefits a human being to gain the whole world, but lose his soul forever?26. "Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in glory of His Father, together with His holy angels. 27. "Truly I tell you, there are human [beings] that are standing here, who shall not taste death until they see the Kingdom of Allaha." (Luke 9:23-27)

Bring in the Poor
12. He said also concerning the host, "When you hold the supper of dinner, neither be it that you call your kinsmen or your brothers or brethren, and nor your rich neighbours, so that they also invite you and therefore you will be repaid here. 13. "Except when you give a reception, call the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind. 14. "And you are blessed that they have nothing to repay you [with.] For then your recompense will be at the resurrection of the righteous."15. As one of those who partook of the feast heard these, he said to him, "Blessed is he who eats in the Kingdom of Allaha."
(Luke 14:12–15)

Shepard my Sheep
15. As they ate breakfast, Eashoa said to Simon the Rock, “Simon, son of the Dove, do you have more compassion for me than the others?”He said, “Yes [indeed,] Maryah, you know that I have [great] affection for you.” Eashoa said to him, “Shepherd my rams.” 16. [Eashoa] said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of the Dove, do you have compassion for me?” He said, “Yes [indeed,] my Maryah, you know that I have [great] affection for you.” Eashoa said to him, “Shepherd my sheep.”
17. [Eashoa] said again to him a third time, “Simon, son of the Dove, do you have compassion for me?” And it affected the Rock that he asked him three times, “Do you have compassion for me?”
And he said to him, “My Maryah, you command everything, you know that I have great affection for you.” Eashoa said to him, “Shepherd my ewes.18. “Amen, amen, I am telling you, when you were a boy, you used to gird your back yourself and go about as you pleased. But when you get old, you will stretch out your hands and others will gird your back for you and take you where you are not pleased to go.” 19. But [Eashoa] said this to show by what death it was destined for [Simon the Rock ] to glorify Allaha. And as he said these [things,] he said to him, “Follow me.” (John 21:15)

Be Born Again
“Amen, amen, I am telling you, if [the] human [being] is not born from the waters and the Spirit, they cannot enter the Kingdom of Allaha. 6. “Whoever is born of the flesh, is of the flesh, and whoever is born of the Spirit, is of the Spirit. 7. “Do not be surprised that [they] tell you, that it is expected of you to be born from above.” (John 3:5-7)

Keep My Commandments
15. “If you love me, observe my commandments. 16. “And I will request it of my Father and another Advocate he will send you, who will be with you forever. 17. “The Spirit of Truth, (whom) the world could not receive because they could not see or know Him. But you know Him, for He lives among you and through you is manifested. 18. “I will not leave you orphaned. For I will return to you soon. 19. “And the world will not see me, but you will. That I live, also you shall live. 20. “In that Day you will understand, that I am in my Father and you, you are in me and I in you. 21. “Whoever have my commandments in them, and observe them, they are the ones who love me. The ones that are merciful [thus,] shall receive mercy from my Father, and I shall [shed my grace upon] them and show myself to them.” (John 14:15)
Compiled from the source below with much appreciation and thanks.
www.v-a.com...

Eashoa promises 9 special rewards for keeping the commands:

1. God will reveal Himself to you. John 14:21
2. God will dwell in you. John 14:23
3. Christ will be your friend. John 15:14
4. You will receive Gods love. John 15:10
5. You will genuinely love others. 1 John 5:2
6. Your prayers will be answered. 1 John 3:22
7. You will have true joy. John 15:11
8. You will have peace. John 16:33
9. You will be purified. John 17:17

Striving in obedience for a Graceful Refining in Transformation towards our 'perfecting'.
www.christiandmi.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You do know the king james version is almost word for word translation correct? Except for one or two minor words they did not have the meanings of exactly but approximated it to closest similiar meaning word. I think youd find that translation almost the same.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

You do know the king james version is almost word for word translation correct?

The KJV was predominantly translated from the Greek texts. This is a translation from the ancient Aramaic and is offered for insight to willing students to discern, aided by the Holy Spirit.

The translation that you will find is made from the original Ancient Aramaic Scriptures directly into English. It is translated from the manuscripts of the Ancient Church of the East, which survived the persecutions by the Roman and Greek pagans of the early centuries of Christianity. It survived the persecution of the Roman Church under Constantine and the early Emperors of Rome in the 4th and 5th centuries. It survived the persecution of the Crusaders who attacked the Holy Lands in subsequent centuries. Finally, this early Church ended up in Persia and was protected by the Persian kings until the upheavals of the Islamic conquests starting in the 7th Century drove the Ancient Church of the East into the mountain strongholds of Asia Minor (Ottoman Empire and later Turkey). The Church of the East survived and maintained the Scriptures in the original language all through the conquests of the Mongolians (Genghis Khan) 12th Century, and the Tartars (Tamerlane) 15th Century. The Church of the East had spread the faith in Eashoa all the way to China, from the 5th to the 8th Century. The Church of the East survived the Islamic conquests of the Fertile Crescent and the Holy Lands.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

...so, who exactly is "Victor N. Alexander", and what credentials does he have that would make him a good source as a sole translator?

One of the real advantages of the KJV, or the Septuagint even, is that they had numerous translators working together, which helps to eliminate personal biases and smooth over potential conflicts in translation.

Taking a translation from a sole author seems risky to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

..so, who exactly is "Victor N. Alexander", and what credentials does he have that would make him a good source as a sole translator?

He is a native Aramaic speaker and it is all offered for careful discernment understandably. Some information on his background and how he has applied his translation method linked.
www.amazon.com...

Additional outline from the translator.

This translation of the Scriptures comes from a small Apostolic Church, the Ancient Church of the East, a Church that nearly disappeared from the map during the Middle Ages. Yet, because of that it retained the original Scriptures intact. There is almost nobody left that can read this language, a language that is no longer spoken; however, it is a language that has given birth to thousands of languages, because it is the original language that the Lord spoke from the beginning of recorded history. It is the language in which the doctrines of the Scriptures were nurtured. It is called in this translation the Ancient Aramaic language; but it is not Aramaic in the modern vernacular, nor is it Hebrew or any other designation that might imply it is open to personal or nationalistic interpretation. This is the language that the Lord chose, it is the language in which He taught, it is the language He read from, it is the language the Apostles spoke, and it is the language in which the Scriptures were compiled. This is not pride in language. The language is politically dead. It ceased to be used as a literary language in the 13th Century. It exists only as a liturgical language, and now as the language of this translation. It is no longer a language of a single race of people, nor is it the native language of any nation. It is a language free of national boundaries. This translation is in English, because it is the language in which the world has chosen to communicate. The language of the Scriptures must never become subservient to English or any other language. The English language must never be allowed to be the sole vehicle for the Scriptures, because this is how false pride, prejudice and racism begin. As the language of this translation, English is a window to the Scriptures. The Scriptures can be viewed through this window; but the window must not be broken, made into a door, or a gateway into a new interpretation, hierarchy or religious order.

I am led to the ancient Aramaic as I personally believe there were deliberate manipulations, mistranslation applied and omissions of scriptural texts based on personal bias and political persuasion rendered upon the Greek works with interfering authority influence. Many holy manuscripts were sought to be confiscated for the ends of the power broker authorities of the time, many of whom were actively persecuting the prophets promoting our Messiah`s uncorrupted Word.

The Word certainly does not end with KJV and it`s established councils, though caution in approaching any`new`translations is a wise measure.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I do not think there were deliberate manipulations of th eKJV version. Know why? because King james had said anything that is not accurate and puposefully changed would be grounds to be jailed and or be executed for blasphemy. he had it checked,double checked,and checked again. He was a ZEALOT when it came to its accuracy.

This guy translating seems prideful that he is able to speak the language,and i fear he is seeking to be noticed.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

The issue is that the KJV scriptures were based mainly upon translating from the Greek texts already in error with differences from the Semitic manuscripts, therefore however accurately the latter councils translated from existing mistranslations bears no difference in regard to the mistranslation already applied. The king by your claims was striving to preserve and uphold those corruptions, which is very much the way worldly powers operate to uphold their status quo of influence via ignorance. I know in my heart and soul, our Messiah`s Name is not `Jesus`phonetically, and yet that is what the KJV `delivers`to a faithful, prey to such councils. Just one obvious example.

Our differences in perspective may lie in that I am leaning with the notion that the original scriptures were penned in the ancient `native`Semitic languages (and not the Greek), though I do acknowledge there was already a Greek influence at the time of Christ upon the Jewish peoples.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm trying not to be rude here so here me out. Most of the said Good Books out there have basicily
the same idea, be it KJV, Koran, TAO; even the Satan Book of Lies.

Some could misread the lines as clear cut, that's what it say to do so do it! Now as I see it, the Sun
give's us all life. Giving Thanks in the morning to the Sun would be concidered Sin, I have a problem with
rule's to live by.

Not to say that any book is right, most have the same truth just reworded in their way of thinking. I idea of God is that since I do not know God, why act as if I know Him? I could not say their is a God, even if He exist
at all. I just know that if the Sun does not come up in the morning; days following we have a problem.

And in the Good Book, as with other's out there. Did they not actually all dis-like the Church? Not saying church is bad, the concept of what they were doing at the time; coming to a town near you. Kill you if you did not follow
idea.

Yes. I do read everything so I can know God. I said I even looked in the Satan Bible. What I did not say was I read the first page only and that was enough.

What it said in what I understood was this. Be Warned! What you do unto others, you will pay 10 times;
could have been 3 times, in Karma! Listen and learn this One Truth! Never touched the book or looked
again.

Christ and what He wanted to do was to say some things were fact! Jew's know this and haven't changed
their book at all! Both have been tossed upon the Cross for so long it make's you wonder if the idea somehow became lost long ago.

I have to wonder if there are more books hidden, even burned just to hide the Truth. I do not know God,
although I see life everywhere every day I rise. I find I do not Fear God. Hopefully Man can learn this one
fact.

If you fear God, you had to do something wrong knowingly doing it at the time. Oh, I have things to pay
for; I owe and know this. Be as little children, and you will know God. I haven't grasped that yet! Rat's.

Forgive me if I stepped on toes here. Books have been written, corrected and misplaced due to the idea
of being killed or hidden so we can not know the Truth nor God.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

You have not stepped on toes at all and I respect your approach.

We are Instructed to love and seek our Creator so that more of the questions and mysteries alluded to will be answered with the Blessings of the Holy Spirit bestowed upon the genuinely yearning faithful.

I am not trying to step on toes either, though I understand these subjects and matters can prove very controversial, being an avenue close to the heart.

All delivered here is in the spirit of sharing for further seeking only IF inclined and urged within to delve further in acknowledging that which has been suppressed in a world full of great conflict and corrupted agendas (and especially via our modernised sects of organised religion, seeking their own power and glory outside the Will of the Kingdom).

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hold on.... what is the allah for....?
Is that really in the text....A surprise to me, I'll go looky.
I expected to see Yahweh.....ya know.....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

A Knight?

Still here among us?

My Heart shed's a tear or 2 just now! Thank's! And here I though all the good Knight's have gone missing!
Walking the lonely path, I had to wonder if all was lost. Another tear from my Heart!

Seek and you shall find! Ask and you shall know!

Now I know all is not lost! Thank's 4 reminding me of this Knight! As my path may be dark, I can continue.
Knowing that a Light has just touched my Soul.

Again, Thank You!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

A Knight?

Still here among us?

My Heart shed's a tear or 2 just now! Thank's! And here I though all the good Knight's have gone missing!
Walking the lonely path, I had to wonder if all was lost. Another tear from my Heart!

Seek and you shall find! Ask and you shall know!

Now I know all is not lost! Thank's 4 reminding me of this Knight! As my path may be dark, I can continue.
Knowing that a Light has just touched my Soul.

Again, Thank You!

Your words impacted me deeply as I read the response you wrote to Primelight towards the message he delivered. Such messages are often conveyed in a way that lends to a defensiveness rather than a true understanding in what is a truly seeking heart. No judges here although sometimes it may appear as though. It is a beautiful thing to see someone truly `perceive`a message in a clarity without misconstruing its message. In that I whole heartedly softened upon reading your acknowledgement.

We are all students striving with an ache for the truth and in this ache we desire humbly to `abide`inside `right` path which is narrow. There is truly a wonderful quality with an open humble heart that seeks HIS Grace.

Thank you for touching my heart in such a way as to remember our true path in this constant discovery.

Edit to add:

I was not at any way at a defense!

I was implying the opposite. I apologize if I led you to believe otherwise.

edit on 18-9-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The bible has been translated so many times. If it is the word of god, there would be one translation, not 100 different versions of it. And I would add, who has included all of the texts that have been found, many were destroyed in the 3 or 400 's, not interested enough now to go look it up.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The dead sea scrolls back up the KJV. They are not mis tranlations. Your scholar is wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I was not at any way at a defense! I was just stating a fact that He touched My Heart and I felt something
touch it!

Most would have considered me a fly and nothing more! Most people who read the Bible and other Good
Books out there have one following and that's their Law!

Shame they never took the time and within their Heart's spent the time to fully understand what was being
Said! I know within my heart I will never understand what God has for me to do, nor will I bother Him in the
Understanding either.

That's why He gave me a Heart. Something deep inside; no explaining this, one has to walk the road a long
way never fully understanding this. Faith, one has to have faith in one self before God can bestow a different
Faith in Him.

A true Knight never listened to the Church, Only to God! Explains why God Created Satan. Or the concept
of Satan; really another Angel of God if one could only accept! How Could Man know God if Satan did
not Exist?

Satan Never Lies! He tell's you the whole truth so help Him God! Man has place Satan as Evil because
there is no reason to what happen's on Earth! Man has to place blame on something, might as well be the Devil Himself! Funny though, looking at it my way. Satan would win in Default.

Christ came down; as a man, learned as a child another Way. There are other Way's out there. We all have
a path to follow! I could care less what path I follow as long as I find my way. Be it Little People, Spirit's, or the Dammed!

Each has their own path as I do mine. Each has a voice speaking their own Truth in their own way. I have no right to Judge them. I do have the right to use my Heart in knowing what FEELS right for me.

You might not understand How he touched my Heart, you would have to walk my lifetime in my shoes; I wish that for no one! Tear's came from my Heart, deep within my soul, I felt this!

Shall I go on? Thank's for the Understanding and the Light Again!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

yuppa

The dead sea scrolls back up the KJV. They are not mis tranlations. Your scholar is wrong.

Completely debatable. Israelis have within their possession the dead sea scrolls. They continue to be translated. They are not necessarily the oldest codices found in some cases. They neither prove nor disprove anything in light of your argument. There was a bias and a censorship that was not even known to the scholars at the time but merely followed. They were subjects and instruments all the same with a prejudice towards a certain purpose in delivering the end result. Direct access was extremely limited and even so what was translated was utterly scrutinized and authorized to reflect the political and religious bias.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were a secondary source, coming from the SAME people and lineage that the OT came from originally : Jews living in the area of the Dead Sea around 2000 years ago coming from Jewish Diaspora, refuges of the destruction of the Second Temple; the same people who STILL teach the Torah now. The translators were the same lineage now scholars that translated The Dead Sea Scrolls.

www.avpublications.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You must have not looked, read nor bothered to take the time out of your life to understand Life!
You have the right to say it has been covered up, mis-led and used as a Power Trip.

And let's not forget to add what books were hidden from us to keep us from the light!
You are right though!
How's your day? Slaving away at life and it seems to be somewhat dark? I'm right next to you and it would
nice to have a friend upon this dark path!

Got a beer, match or some map? Over Here!

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join