Do not Lust
27. "You heard that it was said, 'Do not fornicate?' 28. "But, I am telling you, whoever looks upon a woman lustfully, At once he has fornicated with
her in his heart. 29. "If your right eye causes you to commit an offence, pluck it out and throw it away from you, for you are better off losing one
of your members and not having your entire body thrown into hell. 30. "And if your right hand causes you to commit an offence, cut it and throw it
away from you, For you are better off losing one of your members and not having your entire body thrown into hell."(Matthew 5:27–30)
Keep Your Word
37. "Except your words should be, 'Yes, yes' and 'No, no.'Anything more is from the evil one."(Matthew 5:37)
Go the Second Mile
38. "You have heard it said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'39. "But, I am telling you, do not rise up against evil, except whoever
strikes you on the right side, turn to him the other. 40. "And whoever wishes to put you on trial, and take your shirt from you, Leave him your cape
too. 41. "Whoever forces you to go a mile, go with him two.42. "Whoever asks you [for something,] give it to him; and whoever wishes to benefit from
you, do not stop him."(Matthew 5:38–42)
Love Your Enemies
44. "But, I am telling you, like your enemy and bless those who curse you And do good to those who hate you and pray for those who exploit you and
leave you bare; 45. "So that you become the sons of your heavenly Father, He who makes his sun shine on the good and the wicked, and brings down the
rain on the righteous and the abominable. 46. "For if you like those who like you, what are you to be compensated for? Do not even the revenue
collectors do this? 47. "And if you greet your brothers only,What good is that? Do not the revenue collectors do this also?"
48. "Be therefore mature people, like your Father in heaven is Mature."(Matthew 5:48)
Practice Secret Disciplines
1. "However, scrutinize your charitable acts, so you do not do them to show off before people.
Otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father. 2. "When you do charity, do not blow your own horn, as do the hypocrites in
synagogues and market places, so as to be glorified before humanity. And amen I am telling you, they have received their recompense. 3. "You, however,
when you do charity, let not your left [hand] know what your right [hand] is doing.4."So that your charity is unseen, and your Father, who sees the
unseen, shall compensate you in the open. 5. "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand in the synagogues and the market
place corners to pray, so as to be seen by humanity. And, amen, I am telling you, they have received their recompense. 6. "You, however, when you
pray, enter your home and shut your door, and pray to your Father unseen.
And your Father who sees the unseen, will repay you openly. 7. "And when you pray, do not chant like the pagans, for they expect through babbling,they
will be heard.8. "Thus do not imitate them, for your Father knows what you need, before you ask for it. 9. "Therefore, this is how you shall pray: Our
heavenly Father, hallowed is your name. 10. "Your Kingdom is come. Your will is done, As in heaven so also on earth. 11. "Give us the bread for our
daily need. 12. "And leave us serene, just as we also allowed others serenity. 13. "And do not pass us through trial, except separate us from the evil
For yours is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory to the end of the universe, of all the universes." Amen! 14. "For if you forgive human beings their
faults, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15. "But if you do not forgive human beings, your Father will not forgive your faults also. 16. "However, when you fast, do not look sour like the
hypocrites, For they put on a different face for others,to look like they are fasting. And amen I am telling you they have received their
17. "But when you fast, wash your face and anoint your head, 18. "To appear as if you are not fasting,
except to your Father in secret, and your Father who sees in secret, He will repay you."
Lay Up Treasures
19. "Do not set your treasures on earth, where rust and pestilence destroy, and where thieves dig and steal. 20. "Except, set your treasures in
heaven, where neither rust nor pestilence destroy, and where thieves do not dig or steal. 21. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will also
Seek God’s Kingdom
33. "Seek first, however, the Kingdom of Allaha and his righteousness, and all these things will be granted to you. 34. "Do not worry then that
morning is approaching, for the morning will have its own worries, there is enough evil in each day."(Matthew 6:33-34)
1. "Do not judge, so as not to be judged. 2."For by the judgement that you judge, you shall be judged,
And by the measure that you measure, you shall be measured. 3. "Why do you see the straw in your brother's eye, and the beam that is before your eye
you do not notice?"(Matthew 7:1–3)
Do Not Cast Pearls
6. "Do not give what is blessed to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample on them with their feet, and turn back and rend
you.” (Matthew 7:6)
Ask, Seek, Knock
7. "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you will find. knock and it shall be opened to you.
8. "For whoever asks, receives,and [whoever] seeks, finds. And whoever knocks, it is opened to them." (Matthew 7:7–8)
Do Unto Others
12. "Whatever you wish that human beings do for you, likewise you also do for them, for this is 'the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)
Choose the Narrow Way
13. "Enter through the narrow door, for wide is the door, and broad is the path that leads to oblivion,
and numerous are those who go that way.14. But it is the constricting door and the narrow path that lead to life everlasting, and few are those that
find it.”(Matthew 7:13–14)
Beware of False Prophets
15. "Beware of false prophets that come to you in sheep's clothing, but from inside they are ravenous wolves.16. "By their fruit you will know them.
Why, do they pluck grapes from wild brush, or figs from thorn bushes?”(Matthew 7:15–16)
Pray For Labourers
37. And he told his disciples, "The harvest is bountiful and the labourers few, 38. "Ask the Lord of the Harvest then to provide labourers for the
Be Wise as Serpents
16. "Behold, I am sending you as sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents and pure as doves.
Fear God, Not Man
26. "Do not be so afraid of them, for there is nothing secret, that is not revealed and nothing hidden, that will not become known. 27. "What I tell
you in the dark, tell it in the light. And what you hear in your ears, preach it from the rooftops. 28. "And do not be afraid of those who kill the
body, but cannot kill the soul. However, fear more the one who destroys the soul and the body in hell.
Hear God’s Voice
12. "From the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of Heaven will be gained by austerity, and the disciplined shall win it. 13. "For all
the prophets and Scriptures prophesied until John. 14. "And if it pleases you to accept it, he was the Elijah who was destined to come.15. "Whoever
has ears to hear, let them hear.” (Matthew 11:12-15)
edit on 18-9-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)