It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcement: New Freemasonry Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The argument is endless, and despite the assertions of either side to the contrary, there's no absolute way to prove either view.

So here's a proposal:

The Secret Societies forum should be freed from all this dreary arguing back and forth and a new, seperate forum should be started up, entitled:
"The Masonic Mudpit: The Dunns VS The MrNecros's". It'll be a glorious, symbolic revival of the old Hatfields & McCoys feud.

In this new forum, no one will be allowed to post new topics. Rather, there will be a set of permanent threads where forum subscribers will post their fascinating thoughts about Freemasonry. Thread titles will include the following:

The Masons are controlling my toilet. What should I do?

Ooooh, Theron, you're so sexy when you flame like that.

The Freemasons are satan-worshipping, baby-eaters. This link proves it.

I am right because I use bigger words than you.

Mason-Bashing 101

I'm in the government so I know there's no truth to government conspiracies. I'm a Mason so I know there's no truth to Masonic conspiracies.

Masons, anal probes and cow mutilation. The shocking connection.

Theron Dunn's Best Sarcasm - The Platinum Collection

Am not! Are too! Am not! Are too!

LTD602: A contender for Theron's crown? Election update.

MasonWars III: Return of the Gadfly.

There will also be several rules for this forum:

1. All posts must quote the previous poster's material in its entirety and laboriously rebutt each sentence in smug, superior tones.

2. No poster will ever concede a single point from a member of the opposition camp, no matter how small or trivial. Doing so will result in a warning being issued. Further transgressions will result in banning. The only exception to this is taking the poster's words out of context in order to insult them or to twist the intended meaning.

3. Validity of a poster's statements will be judged solely on average word size in any single post and on complexity of grammar. Points, however, will be deducted for showing respect or politeness to the opposite camp.

4. No form of evidence or research will be accepted, other than Internet-based material and eye-witness accounts.

5. Posters will never admit that they were wrong, or that there is a possibility the other side may be right. Doing so will result in banning. If a poster realizes he was wrong, even on a single point, he/she is advised to use diversionary tactics by ignoring the rebuttal and immediately changing the topic at hand. As a last resort, posters may use the phrase "Look over here. Look at the silly monkey."

6. Neutral posters will be either:
a) Completely ignored.
b) Flamed for attempting to bring an off-topic post back on topic.
c) Immediately claimed to be supporting one side or the other by their remarks and smugly thanked for doing so.

7.Single errors in any member's posts (regardless of the date of the post in question) will be quoted and used as an argument to debunk any and all other statements made by that member. At least one such debunking must be present in every reply post by any single member.

8. No post will be allowed unless it ends in a derogatory reference to the previous poster's intelligence or lack thereof. Posts not including said references will be deleted without opportunity for redress.

Enjoy!

Edit: BBCode correction

[edit on 2004/11/13 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As a Freemason I am happy to debate Freemasonry with any poster.If at the end of that debate there are people who hatre or dislike Freemasonry I will accept that position. We live in a country where people have the right to personal freedom.

If there are people who think that Freemasons destroy their toilets and conspire against them then they should report this to the police. In the UK Freemasons are not above the law.

As a Freemason I want the same rights that other people have in relation to privacy.I think that this is reasonable.

In Freemasonry we do not plan to take over the Government, destroy toilets,drug people eat babies, etc etc etc.The truth is often boring but it is the truth.

Gerard

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Excellent proposition. Well done. As one of a certainly small audience who appreciates the hilarity of your post, I also think you're also suggestion has some underlying merit.

Perhaps a masonic mudpit is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ROFLMAO here too.

Thanks for the lift. ...I too think mudpits are a great idea, and a well appreciated editing service.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That is freakin hilarious! kudos to you, that is pure comedy...

Perhaps there should be a strictly Masonic forum...

BTW, wecomeinpeace, that avatar is awesome.

[edit on 11/13/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
As a last resort, posters may use the phrase "Look over here. Look at the silly monkey."

I refuse to be a mechanism of obfuscation... And besides, I'm a foolish monkey, not silly.

Observed Monkeys, not just for being an object of desire anymore...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice to see you taking the issue so seriously...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Theron Dunn's Best Sarcasm - The Platinum Collection

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh, you mistake me, sirrah, I was not being sarcastic.. simply making a POINTED observation.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Meanwhile back at the facts, I have tried to calculate where this has started and why it would seem some posters do not like duscussions on Freemasonry. Are Freemasons posting here for an alternative reason, or are they defending a way of life they think is right.

Removal of College Frats
Announcement: New Freemasonry Forum
Here to Divulge the Secrets of FreeMasonry!! (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 14 )
www.masonicinfo.com... (Pages: 1 2 )
Whom to Believe? Masons? Anti-Masons?
baphomet (Pages: 1 2 )
Street Gangs (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
illuminati questions
The KKK (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
the great achitect of the universe
KKK becoming more powerful?
Police rethink on membership order
Knight of the Red Cross, Highest honour in York Rite Freemasonry?
Illuminati Members (Pages: 1 2 )
are kkk members concitered as masons?
"One Day, All The Way" course of Freemasonry
White Shrine and Amaranth (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
the masons and the shriners together?
Another Throw away accusation...
National Treasure movie coming out
Highlanders
Religious leanings of Freemasonry (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
Is Bush A Masson (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 4 )
How did the Illuminati influence french revelution?
If the whole Illuminati/New World Order is true...
Illuminati books
Joining up?? (Pages: 1 2 3 )
Freemasonry vs. masonry...
Imformation On The NovaTech Society. (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 8 )
Mankind Project.

First page on this section Secret Societies section at ATS.

To the best of my information , I calculate that Freemasons have started 4 out of the above 30 titles. It would therefore seem reasonable to suggest that if the posters at ATS wanted to talk about another society they would have done so.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Nice to see you taking the issue so seriously...

Was that directed at me TD? If so, errr...

Ummmm....

Hey, look at the silly monkey!

*Runs, and hides*

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No my brother, not aimed at you at all, in fact, it was not aimed at all apparently...

Look folks, there is incessant posting about masonry on this forum as Bill McElligot notes, so there is some interest in the subject, and I get all kinds of positive U2Us from folks that have read the threads and have more questions. Some may consider replies to be smug, and that's fine... perhaps the truth is smug in the face of ignorance...

However, if someone wants to post untruths about masons and masonry, I will be there to correct them. Why is it, do you think, that masons defending themselves against slanderous defamatory lies and reposting of hoaxes as if they had some validity is so wrong? Is it only one side that MUST be heard (or seen in this case)? What of OUR freedom of speech, our right to have the truth be known?

To be respected, must we simply sit back while ignorance peals its stupidity to the heavens? Wecomeinpeace, I read a post from Intrepid recently that struck a cord. He noted to another poster that if they did not like the content or the rules, to simply look up to the top of the page on the right, to the link called [Logout ] with the sincere recommendation that the user in question click that link.

Today, I offer the same advice to YOU, sirrah. MANY folks are curious about masonry, and some few, have an axe to grind. Those are in the majority. If you do not want to discuss or read about issues masonic, start your own threads on issues that interest you, and see how far they fly, else follow Intrepid's advice to Gadfly and click the link.

I and my brothers here have as much right (today) as any other poster on this forum, to speak the truth in the face of folks bent on slandering and defaming us, and until Mr. Grey or a MODERATOR commands differently, I will continue to exercise MY right to free speech on this forum to refute the ignorance posted here against masonry.

But, really, I found your "suggestion" to be quite... humorous.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Believe me, the "secret society" board is NOTHING compared to what goes on in some of the other ATS areas. Certainly, there is heated debate here, but have a look at the political forums.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
LoL, hilarious post wecomeinpeace! It was a pleasure reading. Please don't leave though, we need more members who are able to have a sense of humor. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to confine the Re-education center to one forum.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey wecomeinpeace

Although I found that post hysterically funny, I also see Theron's point. Theron, everything you said was true. Many get positive information from what you and other Masons post here. I'm certainly one who had a change of heart about Freemasonry.
But, can't we at least get a little smile outta you

*runs and hides behind the silly monkey, errrrr... dear uncle*

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Heheh I, (as usual) find myself in agreement with everyone's favorite faerie. I meant no disrespect, but you have to admit, that was funny stuff...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I thought that it was well written and funny as hell. If we have progressed past the point that we can NOT laugh at ourselves, might as well check out. I don't mean this forum, I mean life. BTW, I'm Canadian, I think I'll have another donut.
Or if you're into South Park...........Kraft Dinner.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Alot of fun . . . .

www.tvtome.com...

www.snpp.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 14-11-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
Alot of fun . . . .

www.tvtome.com...