It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter's Notebook: Studying Bible with Bibi {Netanyahu} {From Jerusalem Post 18 SEP 2013}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
from

www.jpost.com...

by Herb Keinon

. . .
And all the while, for two hours on a mild afternoon, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu – with a small black kippa on his head – sat in the covered courtyard of his home with 16 rabbis, academics, Bible scholars, archeologists and linguists, and discussed the meaning of the Book of Ruth, which will be read on Shavuot on Sunday in synagogues around the world. His wife, Sara, sat next to him, and his two sons sat on a bank of chairs set to the side.

. . . One cannot talk about Jewish historic rights to this place, which the prime minister does constantly, without appreciating and understanding the Bible….

. . .

Or, as Rabbi Yehuda Ben-Yishai, whose daughter Ruth was killed with her husband and three children in a terrorist attack in Itamar last year, put it at the meeting, the Bible is a chronicle of how – despite it all – “we came out of it all right.” He said the Bible was a chronicle of finding the “light” in very complicated and complex situations.

. . .

A tale is told that one Saturday evening Begin was studying the weekly Torah portion with his group, when a call came in from the White House. US president Jimmy Carter was on the line. Begin is said to have replied that he was in the middle of studying verses from Deuteronomy, and that Carter should call back in a couple of hours.

. . .

But the significance of the afternoon was less in the insights given – talk about how the Bible is both law and spirit, full of complexities reflecting life’s contradictions and compromises – and more in the very fact that Netanyahu decided to resurrect Ben-Gurion and Begin’s tradition. While an absorbing discussion ensued, Wednesday’s prime ministerial study circle shed more light on Netanyahu – his psyche, world view and the way he sees his role – than it did on the Book of Ruth.

And related from Joel C Rosenberg's blog:

NETANYAHU HOSTS TWO-HOUR BIBLE STUDY IN THE BOOK OF RUTH: Says “the Bible is the foundation of our existence.”

netanyahu-hosts-two-hour-bible-study-in-the-book-of-ruth-says-the-bible-is-the-foundation-of-our-existence

. . .

I am so encouraged by these reports. Lynn and I have been praying for Mr. Netanyahu and his family since he first invited me to work with him in 2000. Would you join me in praying for the entire Netanyahu family, as well as in reading the Book of Ruth as a family this weekend?

•Let’s pray that the study of the Word of God has a powerful, personal impact on the Prime Minister and his family and each of his colleagues and guests.
•Let’s pray that many Israelis would follow the Prime Minister’s lead and begin reading the Holy Scriptures again.

•Let’s pray that Bible studies in people’s homes would spring up all over the Land of Israel.
•Let’s pray that pray that more and more Israelis would develop a new and deeper curiosity about Bible prophecy, both the dramatic prophecies in the Scriptures that have already been fulfilled, and those that will come to pass soon, including the all-important prophecies about the Messiah.

May the Lord do a great work in drawing the nation of Israel back to His Holy Word.

Interesting.

I know that Netanyahu has been reached with Bible Code info about assassination attempts and about his 2nd reign as Prime Minister--this well before the latter occurred.

I certainly believe that Bibi is a much better choice for the role at this critical time than a list of other possibilities.

I think he has been sobered by a lot in his life and in his leadership roles. I pray he IS seeking God's face about what he should do much more than that he's listening to the globalists' orders to him.

I am confident that Joel Rosenberg has discussed various Biblical prophecies re Israel in these END TIMES. I would imagine the utter destruction of Damascus would be one of those prophecies discussed.

In any case, it is worth prayer that Bibi be guided by Holy Spirit and not by the globalists' orders in this fulcrum time for the whole world.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

In any case, it is worth prayer that Bibi be guided by Holy Spirit and not by the globalists' orders in this fulcrum time for the whole world.

In all likelihood, "Bibi" would continue to follow the LITERALLY anti-Christian religion of his forefathers... He would most probably die hating the central figure of Christianity... Jesus.

But... miracles CAN happen.

edit on 18-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised Benny could pick a bible up without it bursting into flames. Maybe he can get someone to read it to him at his level so he can understand what it says.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To point out the stark reality in religion here is an example.

"Sorry mr president i cant come to the phone, i know, i know
it might be a real emergency but im reading harry potter"

Yeah, this is religion, this is what we are expected to respect.

Fantasy is fun and all but maybe its time they join us all in the
real world.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

NETANYAHU HOSTS TWO-HOUR BIBLE STUDY IN THE BOOK OF RUTH: Says “the Bible is the foundation of our existence.”

Actually, he's right. The Jewish bible is an account of their history from a Jewish perspective, and with a lot of embellishments. But for them, it truly is the foundation of their existence. Its accuracy has little do do with it. It's faith. It's the same with any culture who believes their written history.
edit on 9/18/2013 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Really? Harry Potter?

top topics

join