It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this might be a dumb question but here goes
i was thinking last night about this, why was i ever born? why did i come into existence rather then just be "nothing". i know most of you will say "wel...just because", but if you have a more insight answer, please post

btw, try not to mention god and his plans

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You came into existence when you dads sperm came into contact with your moms egg. You were a scientific accident, you were a 1/100000 chance, you were a freak accident. Why? Cuz we're all freak accdients like this, and why wouldnt you be?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i suppose your post falls under "well...it's just the way it is". but i kinda liked it

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
btw, try not to mention god and his plans

Sorry but that's the answer. God made you with a purpose in mind. To spend eternity with Him. Others will say there is no God, but time keeps marching on and His plans cannot be averted. He loves you and came so that you may have a relationship with Him.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i neglected God long time ago so i don't believe that my existence is his divine plan

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I post, therefore I am.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The mystery of existence is the connection between our faults and our misfortunes. --Madame de Stael

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

why did i come into existence rather then just be "nothing".

You always existed in one form or another, you just did not have the consciousness to be aware of it. The real question is What is existence?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You always existed in one form or another, you just did not have the consciousness to be aware of it. The real question is What is existence?

do you mean we were once a bunch of star dusts?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

do you mean we were once a bunch of star dusts?

Well yes, but that puts a bit of a grandios spin on it. If it is true that energy can never be created nor destoryed (as I believe) then the energy that makes up your body has Been as long as existence/energy has been. However that does not mean that it has always been in to proper format to house consciousness.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well yes, but that puts a bit of a grandios spin on it. If it is true that energy can never be created nor destoryed (as I believe) then the energy that makes up your body has Been as long as existence/energy has been. However that does not mean that it has always been in to proper format to house consciousness.

no sir it doesn't. that's the interesting that eludes me. since explaining the body is far more easier then explaining how consciousness come in place. that's also why some people say that our consciousness must come from something higher because a bunch of elements can't possibily form thoughts and free will, or can it?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

since explaining the body is far more easier then explaining how consciousness come in place. that's also why some people say that our consciousness must come from something higher because a bunch of elements can't possibily form thoughts and free will, or can it?

Well if you subscribe to the theory of evolution, then the development of form is not really so much less amazing. The problem, at least with me, with attributing consiousness to something 'higher' is paramount to dubbing something as supernatural and other-worldly not because it is unexplainable but rather because we simply haven't grown to understand it yet.

If you are interested in my wierd take on the subject of reality/existence, then check the link in my sig for my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's like this..................................................................................................
If you believe REligous people(most of them) then your existense is due to the fact that some high and mighty energy source that(who's Followers' believe that Sleeping with their sisters in the old days was okay) created you with a purpose in mind. and wrote it down in a plane way for you to read it
(if your a CIA cryptologist from the year 4099!) ........ and you shouldn't question that existence,because that just proves how ignorant you are OR A.......................Person of science that believes(Key word "believe")that we Are Totally right HEre and NOW(and that THEY will NEver........EVER........EVER BE WRONG .....learn anything new!keep in mind, alot of people think that they are right!) that everything in Their book is right as in comparsion to the other buch of zealots! IF you want it written down or exlpained as fact? you would have to wait maybe another 3000yrs (if my guess is right)in the future to have a more logical point of view(that is if the religous folk or the science folk dont burn your future children for the possible opnions they MIght have one day) Because really WE are definetly Smarter than the bigot Ass, Sexually repressive folk that were descendant from 2000yrs ago, and Even the smartest person back then Wouldn't be able to say that A "microwave" isn't Magick. So No one Now a days willl give you a reason WHy You exist! they might Quote or give examples to why You "could" accept Why you are here. and trust me any half-ass guess you might have WIlll probably look Just as logical in 5 thousand years as any guess as We as people have Now! That is truly the beauty of our intellimagence. In a thousand years someone will be able to prove or Disprove any arguemnt you might have from your perspective(that includes now!!!) So believe whatever you want dude, it's and open book, trust me ,out of the billions of people that will exist(and yes that's right you Drooling perverst that wish for the world to end by Science or god!!!!!)at least one will be able to change your point of view at Any given' point and time! so believe what you want, in Our age there are barely any facts(aside from garlic smells funny when it comes out!)that cant be argued with "quotes" or "facts" or "metaphors", Nobdy is right! it's really Just an opnion, becasue truth shoudl make sense Whenever it is said(that's right Galeo was insane back then, there wasnt an alchemist or religous person alive who said "hey this dude aint half bad") So if you wnat to talk about existence take a Neutral p0int of view , We are prolly all wrong ,(Is it that hard to concieve that we are as much Lamers as 5000yrs ago?) Your guess is as much in right to be heard as this crap I just wrote !!!!!! Your guess can't be as WRONG as any other Said!! have fun and just apreciate the fact that You can Actually ask that question.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
good point, questions like this spawns an answer thats as good as anyone guess. but still the best i can come up with without religion is that we just pop out for no reason. it seems like existence is a out of the blue thing

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

good point, questions like this spawns an answer thats as good as anyone guess. but still the best i can come up with without religion is that we just pop out for no reason. it seems like existence is a out of the blue thing

Or think about , if Nothing can ever be destroyed (just changes forms?) then how can Anything come out of nothing?Or Nothing come out of Something? Where did the matter of the bing bang come from (Or if we were created were did our creater(s) come from), Of course we all view time as Linear right, so we just assume that there Has to be can actuall starting point. What if time or existence isn't linear? it moves in ways we don't understand? What if your Dying Right now and this is just the "life" flashing before your eyes in what seems like real time but is actually just a fraction of a second? And if all Weedles are Deedles, and some deedles are doodles, Then Some Doodles are definetly Weedles

top topics

join