It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Invisible Skyscraper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Architects in South Korea are going to need one big invisibility cloak. Seoul will soon add a 1,476-foot tower to its skyline, you just may not be able to see it.
The international architectural firm GDS Architect received the green light to begin building the "world's first invisible tower."The glass-encased Tower Infinity will use cameras to snap real-time pictures of the area directly behind the building and project them back onto the building's reflective surface. This will create the illusion that viewers are looking straight through the building.

Video Link

edit on 9/17/13 by bluebook because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluebook

And poof! No one will know it is there.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yeah !! LOL its invisible but has a large red light on top

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

My bad'idea'ometer is tingling.

Why would you not want to be able to see a building?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

bluebook
reply to post by greencmp

Yeah !! LOL its invisible but has a large red light on top

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Maybe they are under the impression that no one can fly a plane into it ?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hmmm. Well, it seems kinda cool - but, might it not be a problem in some situations? For instance, will the "address" be visible from the street-level? Or will small aircraft/birds be able to see it?

Birds OFTEN crash into glass windows and such. I'm not so sure this is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Interesting. How will people find their way to work? "I'm sorry....I can't come into to work today. I got all the way down there and couldn't find the entrance..." Best excuse ever.

Article makes a good point about airplane pilots. How are they going to know where it's at unless we want another plane flying into a super tall skyscraper? Wait a second...clearly, this is a set up.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

bluebook

Architects in South Korea are going to need one big invisibility cloak. Seoul will soon add a 1,476-foot tower to its skyline, you just may not be able to see it.
The international architectural firm GDS Architect received the green light to begin building the "world's first invisible tower."The glass-encased Tower Infinity will use cameras to snap real-time pictures of the area directly behind the building and project them back onto the building's reflective surface. This will create the illusion that viewers are looking straight through the building.

Video Link

edit on 9/17/13 by bluebook because: (no reason given)

Oh those crazy Asians. First they build robots for sex, everyone dresses for Cosplay and now an invisible building...

So my question is this..if birds fly into it, who is going to clean the mess? It would be pretty creepy seeing bird guts just dangling in the air like that.

So should they be throwing stones if they live in a glass building? Do they even know what invisible means? it means you can't see it. I'm sorry, but a gang of window washers will kind of remove that from our minds.

Oh well, if someone has the money, why not build an "invisible" building. But think what might happen if someone hijacked Wonder Woman's invisible plane..would the crash be visible?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ive heard some real crazy dumb ideas in my time, but making a skyscraper invisible rates among the dumbest.
Wouldnt want to be an aircraft pilot around there.

WarminIndy
Oh well, if someone has the money, why not build an "invisible" building. But think what might happen if someone hijacked Wonder Woman's invisible plane..would the crash be visible?

I lolled.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 12:38:07 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 12:38:30 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Only one word for this..."Why?"

As soon as someone mentioned birds hitting into it, I immediately also thought of random levitating remains...What a sight that'll be.

Don't build it, for the birds!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is too funny, I can imagine people on the first day of work taking the elevator and looking like they are ascending to Heaven. It will look authentic too if they are all bleeding from thier noses from walking into the walls.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Sounds like it will look, from the outside, very similar to buildings with reflective window panes. There will probably be one or two spots you have to stand in to get an invisible feeling. Sounds like an interesting tourist attraction.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hope its nothing like top gears attempt =D

www.youtube.com...

(Sorry for fail YouTube link haha)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, if they would say.. the building is going to be a 1,476 feet high flashing neon sign, some whiners might object. So how to sell this thing to the party poopers who don't want a mile high flash popup on their horizon?

But don’t let the project’s symbolic juxtaposition fool you; the Tower Infinity will also be capable of selling a lot of ads. GDS says the camera-and-projector technology will allow the tower to become a 450-meter-tall billboard screen and an urban focal point for people arriving at Incheon Airport.

Tell em it'll be invisible.

Done.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
2012, year of the stupidest idea for a building....

"Walkie-Talkie Skyscraper melts car"
www.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently none of the "smart" architects considered the effects of concentrating the suns rays into a point.
I guess they never played with magnifying glasses as kids.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What the hell are they putting in the water over there?
Do they wake up and drink a big cup of DUMB to wash down their noodles?

Oh yeah! Well, I'm going to build an invisible...ah, who am I kidding??? I'm going to go feed some ducks.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Truly an important creation. I firmly believe that this is the first major step towards a world that strives to satisfy necessity and not the need for pointless, whimsical nonsense.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I definately think there is more to this 'Invisible' Tech.

This building won't be the only one out there... we may already be seeing an Illusion of sorts in various Cities!

Makes me wonder if we really are living on an illusion! Everything out there is an illusion.... it only becomes visible if we perceive it to be there....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I definately think there is more to this 'Invisible' Tech.

This building won't be the only one out there... we may already be seeing an Illusion of sorts in various Cities!

Makes me wonder if we really are living on an illusion! Everything out there is an illusion.... it only becomes visible if we perceive it to be there....

I wondered why that ball kept getting bigger, until it hit me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join