It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is George Knapp and for 30 years, I've been an investigative reporter. Ask me anything.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

What is the most interesting subject or topic you hold in the back (or front) of your mind?
Response:
The nature of reality. I find myself thinking about this a lot. I'm not a scientist so the thoughts I form are not all that sophisticated. It just feels to me like some days are not all that real, if you know what I mean. They feel like scripted TV shows, as if we are playing parts in a cosmic commercial. I have been leaning toward the idea that we are living in a simulated reality, some sort of computer generated program. And believe me, once you come to that kind of a conclusion, everything in one's world is turned upside down. You simply don;t look at anything the same, ever again, not unless you can simply put it out of your head and purposely not think about it.

it wold be incredibly said if it turns out this feeling is true, so I hope i am wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

GeorgeKnapp
reply to post by 727Sky

Question/comment:
The C2C broadcast last Sunday was extremely informative about the NSA Clipper chip idea and back door programs installed in just about everything. Thank you for bringing current topics to the forefront.. Besides the NSA thing has anything else really given you a Hummmm moment??

My answer:

I'm pretty much appalled by the exaggerated sense of urgency surrounding the terrorism threat. We have spent hundreds of billions of dollars, have essentially trashed most of our fundamental constitutional rights, and have created the apparatus of a permanent surveillance state---one that will never be dismantled--all because a few hundred poorly organized nutballs wish us harm. We have put everything else on the back burner..everything takes second place to anti=-terrorism efforts. Yes, there are terrorists who wish us harm, but our response has been so over-the-top, so ridiculously overblown in comparison to the size of the threat, and we will essentially have to live with the draconian consequences forever. Our country is never going to be the same.

Thank you for the reply and I agree with you. I worked for NSA (DERNSA) for 13 months and it was one of the most eye opening, sick, paranoid, ding dong, thingy thangs, I have ever seen.... and I am old now.

I never thought they would take control of the country but on many levels it seems they have. Add NDAA and half a dozen other 4 letter bills that have passed you have to wonder what the end game or the future of America will be?

edit on 19-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

GeorgeKnapp
reply to post by JadeStar

Does not ring a bell. I have never heard of such an agency. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply.

Any remarks on the other question I posed regarding research into the "grey world" of breakthrough propulsion physics guys like Alan C. Holt and Marc Millis? and also Eric W. Davis from NIDS?

Have you ever heard of them, or interviewed them on their seemingly traversing the above ground world of science and the UFO/black budget world?

By the way Alan C. Holt apparently still has a job at NASA's Johnson Spaceflight Center in Houston. He is listed in the email/phone directory: people.nasa.gov...

Perhaps a future C2C guest?
edit on 19-9-2013 by JadeStar because: Added Holt's contact info

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
tip of the hat ,
fan of your work,

Q: what would you say is the biggest fear consirning your job and why ?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeKnapp

Thanks for your reply. I bet it was kind of funny and awkward

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

George, true to your craft, you have a remarkable way with words.

No questions from me, just thought I'd make that comment in thanks and appreciation for your efforts, in totality.

Already, i have cited some of your comments, as touched upon by others previously, as some of the most succinct and well articulated sentiment i've read to date.

A true gent and a scholar indeed.

With a little less cheese... cheers bro

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

GeorgeKnapp
reply to post by covertpanther

What is the most interesting subject or topic you hold in the back (or front) of your mind?
Response:
The nature of reality. I find myself thinking about this a lot. I'm not a scientist so the thoughts I form are not all that sophisticated. It just feels to me like some days are not all that real, if you know what I mean. They feel like scripted TV shows, as if we are playing parts in a cosmic commercial. I have been leaning toward the idea that we are living in a simulated reality, some sort of computer generated program. And believe me, once you come to that kind of a conclusion, everything in one's world is turned upside down. You simply don;t look at anything the same, ever again, not unless you can simply put it out of your head and purposely not think about it.

it wold be incredibly said if it turns out this feeling is true, so I hope i am wrong.

I don't think we are living in a simulated reality but we do live in a physical world - at least our bodies do. Matter, it has been discovered, is not so much a substance as a concept. It can dissolve into energy as it does in radiation. The physical world is a concept insofar as matter is.

But the physical world reflects spiritual reality by way of image and metaphor, in the way that a painting relies on metaphor to reflect real things.

The fact that matter and therefore the material world, is a temporal construct, is what gives you the feeling of the world being less real, sometimes. Our minds exist in reality, our bodies exist in the physical world of physical images and it is a matter of acknowledging the difference between the two. In this way the material world is a 'simulation' or, more correctly, a physical description, of real things. The basis of this descriptive power is metaphor, in the way that metaphor is the basis of the descriptive power of art.
edit on 20-9-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hello Mr. Knapp thanks for being here.

Don't think Ive seen it mentioned yet.

A while back a fascinating story broke from a guy who claimed to have talked to a guy who had been taken along on a secret helicopter ride 2 hours east of Nome Alaska to a super secret and super guarded mine shaft location where there is purportedly to be an underground pyramid energy device of massive proportion.

Any new developments on the story?
Has anyone indeed confirmed activity in that area ? Seems like a pretty juicy story for there to be only one testimonial.

thanks

edit on 20-9-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What happened to the people who disappear yearly in our national forests. One group of loggers in the Pacific Northwest saw a triangular 20 ft in dia. red and white(glowing slightly?) descend slowly down into the valley below toward a herd of elk, single out one 300 lb female (while the herd scattered in panic) then flew away with it expanding as it reached the top of the ridge across the valley . Apparently the elk was lifted and stuck to the ufo by powerfull electrostatic force ,while the ufo drained all the blood out of the elk. What do the these entities do with the blood? Is the triangular object a living vampire-like creature or are little greys driving it? I heard stories of mummified carcasses of both animals and humans left high in the trees of the forest many miles away. Are more severed feet (with the shoes on,all severed at exactly at the same ankle bone?) washing up on Jedediah Island,Washington State, USA? near Vancouver B.C.? The invisible aliens I read about in the Jungles of Brazil regularly hunt people and leave them mummified with all their reproductive organs removed surgically just like in cattle mutilations as described in detail by Linda Moulton Howe's seminars and books ,etc. What do you think is going on when you see the Green Berets in the deep forests of Pacific Northwest ?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Whoa. Do you have any personal experiences with UFO's or E.Ts?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you ATS for these "Ask me anything" initiatives. Probably the best Ive seen in any social forum ever. Keep up the good work.

Very interesting to read.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
With all the Electronic NSA spying capabilities some my not want to use electronic devises to contact you to provide information. If someone walked up to you on the streets would you hear them out or would you nod and continue on your way?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe a little present for you George. Although knowing your work you probably already have done some research.

C2C and Art Bells new show have brought some of this up.... The new/old mind control devices that are supposedly operational and deployed.. Edgar Mitchel and others not being able to recall certain things that happened on the moon and a possible mind block; hard to believe for me, yet? .... Art and Richard Hoagland just brought the problem up again on the 20th of Sept show... Richard does not do much for me to be honest, but...

The conspiracy folks are claiming some of the shooters have been mind control victims ... I started to do a little checking to see what I could find and sure enough most of what I found was garbage.. However I did find one video that actually provides the Patent numbers and when the patents were issued on these devices...

His voice sucks, but the info seems to be sound.... Your thoughts or have you looked at this program (s) before? This could be a very big deal if it is truly being used IMO...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi George.
Having read Hunt For The Skinwalker and listened to a couple of interviews with yourself and Mr Kelleher on Coast to Coast there was one incident described in the book that always fascinated me(along with the 'tunnel figure'), and one that I've never heard you or Colm reference, that would be the 'predator' incident. Could you add anything to the account or elaborate a little? Has this figure been sighted more than once? What are your thoughts about the meditation guy who seemingly, and unwittingly, 'summoned' this entity?

Regards.

edit on 20-9-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello George,

Thanks for this opportunity.

One quick question, what are some books or authors you recommend in this paranormal/ufology field?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hey George,

I cant find a response so i might have missed it but i have 2 questions.

1. I was stationed at China Lake, NAWS. Do you know anything about China Lake?

2. Mt Shasta and northern Ca. I have lived in NorCal and saw more UFO presence there then anywhere ever, whats going on there?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Why would you think this is sad?

I have always viewed reality as akin to an infinite multi-plex showing every possible reflection of reality as shaped by our minds, our dreams and our imaginations. In the same way that some people are drawn to war movies and others to fantasy movies, our minds/soul are inherently drawn towards a reflection of reality that we find best fits our understanding of the world. This would imply that our reality is not so much simulated but generated by humanities inherent ability to create, and that each reality whether it is a UFO reality, a religious reality or even a humdrum modern reality is ultimately an interactive film in which we are the director, writer and star. We live out this reality in much the same way that an actor lives out his characters life until the time of our deaths at which time the movie ends. Whatever inspiration we have gained or information we have learned from our time in that reality follows us as we seek out the next movie/reality we wish to see and be a part of.

This would mean that not only is reincarnation real but that every version of heaven and hell, every great dream or twisted nightmare is not only a product of our subconscious but a trailer for the next life which we are to live.

In the end Picasso said it best. "Everything you can imagine is real."
edit on 21-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks George, I think this is the best celebrity thread so far. You have really opened up and gave us some honest opinions. I have read the thread from beginning to end, and learned alot.

My biggest interest in the UFO phenomenon is in the possibility of plasma life forms that share our biosphere with us. I see the future of science in the study of plasma state, and the failure of main stream science to explore this area is what is holding us back.

Have you done any investigations into the possibility of plasma life forms, and if so, what can you tell us?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Knapp,

You are the only one I like to listen to on C2C because you ask intelligent questions, stay on subject, and have the most knowledge. I really enjoyed the learning material from covering Bob Lazar in the early days and watching the Best Evidence documentaries. Thanks for bringing to light that Bob is a different personality than John Lear and may not be involved with all of the disinformation. I have long realized that Bob's connection to the government is true, yet as we know with the UFO field it is hard to know what is true and what is not the truth.

This whole past of Ufology, the early days... It seems in my opinion that things are not happening now as they were in the early days. I mean you have under five isolated world UFO events in the last decade, but four decades ago it was raging all over north America. So many strange things were happening that many educated individuals such as yourself and others became researchers and reporters to tell us the real truth. Individuals such as Budd Hopkins who had all of the abductees come to him for help, and Linda Howe who had law enforcement explain to her the real answer to the cattle mutes. If history was happening as it is today we would not have had all of that activity, all of that happening. I view it is a dramatic change in civilization as a result of mass visitation which happened during a time of war and merged into a time of music and heightened consciousness.

Reality being a simulated reality... like the actual ether of reality - the light of stars, the dark energy, it all being the control of reality and even a creator of spirit on earth. The design throughout all the functionalities of now in existence. We certainly are in more of a dream than a standard physical reality conception in my opinion. Aliens are masters of our reality resulting in a surprisingly subconscious element, some people are using hallucinogens for religious practices and purposes, it would be nice to utilize the true meaning of time and manipulation through magic with the mysterious energy gathering aspect of hidden talents around us.

One of my questions would be about your interview with Robert Collins, after getting to know him more do you think he has credible information from the inside? I noticed he was admitting to disinformation so it was hard to sort out the details. Supposedly the very first time the word Grey appeared (also Orange) was in communications with Paul Bennewitz and Air Force counter intelligence and the real color of the aliens was ghost white, and possibly another green species.

Thank you Mr. Knapp for sharing here on ATS.
edit on 21-9-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi George, a question that hasn't been asked is, are you still in contact with Bob Lazar? and has he told you anything that you could disclose to us that is not already out in the public domain ?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join