It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young American for Liberty member joined military and brought 60 Constitutions to Basic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Great story and a true reminder of who exactly is the future of this country. WE ARE.

A member of Young Americans for Liberty (Ron Paul's non-partisan youth organization) took deliver of pocket Constitutions so he could hope to teach the Constitution (you know that thing that military and officials swear an oath to) so that they grasp the importance of such a document that is the "shining beacon of freedom" in this world. He got a great reception and his drill sergeant even read the 2nd amendment aloud.

www.yaliberty.org...

I walked up to one of my Drill Sergeants with one of the Constitutions. He looked at it and asked “What ya got there, Sergeant?” I handed it to him and told him that it was one of 60 pocket Constitutions that I got from my student organization back home. He excitedly took it from my hand and said that that was outstanding. “In fact,” he said as he thumbed through it and faced the bay, “Let me read this right here.”

He then shouted to get the attention of the Privates and began reading the Second Amendment. Afterwards he spoke fervently about the importance of always keeping arms. He told them that he expects all of them to keep and bear arms even after they are out of the service; adding that they should always stand guard against those that would strip us of our rights. I then passed the Constitutions out to the Privates, reminding them that it is to the Constitution, first and foremost, that they swore an oath.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

He then shouted to get the attention of the Privates and began reading the Second Amendment. Afterwards he spoke fervently about the importance of always keeping arms. He told them that he expects all of them to keep and bear arms even after they are out of the service; adding that they should always stand guard against those that would strip us of our rights. I then passed the Constitutions out to the Privates, reminding them that it is to the Constitution, first and foremost, that they swore an oath.

Awesome!

If only it was only that easy, I hear people on ATS saying things like it is a "dead language" (whatever that means), out of date, etc., etc.

Thanks for reminding us that we are a minority on here but hardly a minority!
edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Good for them!

I bought several awhile back. I gave most away but keep one on my dashboard in my car, in case of harassement (though i've never been harassed) I want them to know that I know my rights. It's not just about the 2nd amendment it's about the whole darn thing.

Seriosuly you can buy ten for 3 dollars. Everyone on here who cares about their rights should and pass them out.

We were given a gift from these men of the past we can no longer pretend it is of no importance.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is this not preaching to choir? Who is into guns more that people in the military? I do not think I ever met anyone while I was in that did not like guns. Kind of hard to kill people without them.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

MrSpad
Is this not preaching to choir? Who is into guns more that people in the military? I do not think I ever met anyone while I was in that did not like guns. Kind of hard to kill people without them.
Ok mrspad....that's all for your avitar....you have to get a new one....you are not like snake pliscan at all......

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

GBP/JPY

MrSpad
Ok mrspad....that's all for your avitar....you have to get a new one....you are not like snake pliscan at all......

i don't think that's Snake, i think that's R.J. MacReady, from John Carpenters The Thing.

it is

The Thing (1982) Photos with Kurt Russell
edit on 16-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

here is the same shot i think.

edit on 16-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not only do people need to read the constitution, they need to be reminded WHY it was created!

edit on 16-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

top topics

join