It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ahh the great second amendment at work. I still get surprised at you guys for being shocked...this is what happens when you allow anyone to have guns.

But do as usual...close your eyes and plug your ears..and repeat any rules against guns is against the constitution, guns are great...etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Multiple reports of "more than one shooter" suspected! This is where we need to pay close attention.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Oh look a hungry troll!

Regardless of what you believe you will never be able to un-invent guns, just as drugs are illegal but people still find a way to get them so is your utopia of a gun free world. The only thing your dream will accomplish is create a robust gun black market and most likely even more deaths ...

Now ... stay on topic =p

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Fox News just confirmed ten have been shot, 8 civilians, one base officer and one police officer. There are fatalities, but they didn't say how many yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

But do as usual...close your eyes and plug your ears..and repeat any rules against guns is against the constitution, guns are great...etc.

Save it for another thread. This thread is about the event taking place right now. There will be more than enough threads to argue gun control on.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well, it is the last one left to erode but like someone else said, we will leave that for another thread if you do not mind. I am sure the conspiracies surrounding this will pop up in 3...2...have fun in those please.

Also, there are now reports of multiple shooters and one was engaged and may have been killed. I think it may have just got interesting here.

edit on 16-9-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There has been chatter about a reaction from those "rebel" elements in Syria and the government of Syria, and what would be a fitting reaction to someone perturbed about U.S. warships off the coast of your country ready to fire cruise missiles into it, than to cause chaos at a U.S. Navy shipyard?.

It would make sense to shut down the airport and all other avenues of escape. I just hope that there are not too many cases of mistaken identity during the mess, from the scanner they don't sound particularly organized.

Odd that it's happening on a Monday, people usually go snap when they have a bad day at work on top of everything else, unless the person worked 3rd shift sunday...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just hard a report saying there are 3 gunmen and one gunmen down.

And several injured
edit on 16-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Are people still being shot? I hear them calling for mobile triage kit.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
WRC now saying multiple shooters involved. MSNBC is verbally reporting that there is no indication of more than one, however the text on the screen as they speak is saying otherwise via info from WRC. They're contradicting themselves LIVE

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
FOX already starting to say that the shooter is carrying a civilian version of the M-16 and it shoots 3 shot bursts which is a complete lie. An AR15 is completely semi automatic. It is already starting.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just hard a report saying there are 3 gunmen and one gunmen down.

reply to post by IrishCream

WRC now saying multiple shooters involved. MSNBC is verbally reporting that there is no indication of more than one, however the text on the screen as they speak is saying otherwise via info from WRC. They're contradicting themselves LIVE

Well, that didn't take long. We're already getting all kinds of conflicting reports from the media.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

SpaDe_
FOX already starting to say that the shooter is carrying a civilian version of the M-16 and it shoots 3 shot bursts which is a complete lie. An AR15 is completely semi automatic. It is already starting.

During breaking news events like this the media tend to report stuff that later turns out to be false.

its not a conspiracy rather is a cock-up.

Happens all the time, they have a fast moving event, they have a audience expecting them to provide information and they have lots of information coming in so they start making stupid mistakes like the one you have mentioned.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

The nimrods almost always contradict themselves on live TV, just too few really notice. Remember when they were reporting building 7 collapsed, yet the building was standing in plain view behind the news-caster ?.

link   
Holding for secure scene. And what was the smoke they talked about moments ago? First causalities to Howard and mulipal injuries sent to surrounding hospitals. Still red.

link   
Scene not safe LEO denied entrance.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just in the interest of "fair and balanced" reporting
, here's a link to MSNBC's live streaming coverage.

www.hulkus.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.hulkus.com...

link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The media is well aware that the AR15 is a semi automatic weapon that fires one shot for one pull of the trigger. It is a subject that has been covered multiple times over the last year.

link   

Police say three shooters, including at least one in fatigues, have shot at least 10 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

Police said at least one of the shooters is “down,” but it was unclear whether that means the suspect has been arrested or shot. Two remain at large, and police believe they have pinned down one between the third and fourth floors of one of the buildings on the installation in Southeast Washington.

washington post

I really hope they catch these people before anyone else gets hurt.

link   

matafuchs

Well, it is the last one left to erode but like someone else said, we will leave that for another thread if you do not mind. I am sure the conspiracies surrounding this will pop up in 3...2...have fun in those please.

Also, there are now reports of multiple shooters and one was engaged and may have been killed. I think it may have just got interesting here.

Oh they already have. Don't you know?

And isn't it odd one of the first posters here sternly warned us not to jump to conclusions but obediently follow the official story...

Gun + shooting = "DONT BELEIVE IT MAN THEYRE LIEING!" complete with an "Official Story"

Didn't take long, but there you go.

Now I'm more interested in hoping that there are no more people shot. I have lost all interest in anything else that occurs due to weaponised tools.

I hope in 5 hours time when I have to get back up this has simply ended and nothing more comes of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join