It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Spouts off Kenosha, WI shore; tornado sirens activated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yesterday as a cold front moved through Wisconsin, these images of a double water spout 4 miles off the shore of Kenosha, WI were captured by a police officer.

The news reported that witnesses and police sited a funnel cloud over the city as well, but there was no actual touchdown. The sirens were activated. The crazy part about it is with all this activity, the National Weather Service said there wasn't any rotation on radar so they issued no tornado warnings.

I've heard of these spouts off the coasts over ocean waters but never over the Great Lakes. Pretty cool. Would have been awesome to witness.

Water spouts spotted over Lake Michigan

Here you can watch video of the water spouts

Water spouts on video

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

One of the most fantastic looking natural sights that I have ever witnessed was nine waterspouts occurring simultaneously over the Atlantic Ocean.
They are really wild looking.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hmmm.....I wonder what the clouds are going to do with that water? Any forest fires around there that need to be put out. It is funny that these things were not picked up by the radar. If there wasn't pictures as evidence, the national weather service would probably deny they existed.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nine spouts would be truly amazing. That's something you probably won't see again in a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I saw one on lake Huron about 10 years ago.
Was about the size of the smaller of the two in the picture. Was an awesome site.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

So they've been spotted in the Great Lakes before. Not too common though.

top topics

join