It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can the learned crew at ATS tell me about RA (that I don't already know)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Thanks! I've never had a food allergy before (I'm 50) yet I never had an auto-immune issue either. But 4 years ago, I did.

Now this.

I know I can't argue with a better diet and healthier choices, but man! It bites!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

OneisOne

And don't give up the booze. Consider it a coping medication!

That's what I tell my wife, and my boss, and the police when they say, "Why are you driving like that?"

kidding.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I should be buying stock in ibuprophen right now, but that seems to take the edge off. I have an aversion to anything stronger (long story).

As mentioned, diet can be a big factor, so I'd highly recommend researching this. My wife has fibro, and they share a lot of similarities. Not sure on the particular herb laws where you are, but if legal for use, then a certain herb can certainly help (still illegal where I am though). Sucks, because she could use a natural herb, but instead, has to do strong prescription painkillers. Ridiculous.

Anyhow, I can see why you want it off the books, but eventually, may get to the point where OTC won't cut it and allow you to function properly, so just be aware of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi there beezer,

I am a massage therapist and during my years as such have come accross people with different ailments and was always interested in learning more about alternative therapies in conjuncture with massage.

You can do your own research, but based on what I know I can make some suggestions;

I would look into apple cider vinegar, unsulphured and organic. There are a few brands out there. As with anything, start slow the first day, increasing to three times a day. Dosage - 1 Tbs acv, 1 Tsp raw honey mixed with warm water.

Turmeric (curcumin) found in any health food store pill form is ok. Greatly beneficial in joint health and repair, based on trials on myself and testimonies from others.

Boron, or borax (yes, the one you can find at the laundry section, best from MuleTeam) 1/8th of a teaspoon, mixed with a liter of water, drunk throughout the day, 4-5 days out of the week.

Garlic and ginger, both are effective in nerve health and repair, usually associated with joint conditions.

Last but not least, Hyaluronic Acid. Works synergistically with the abovementioned and on its own helps with synovial fluid in joints and with ligaments.

Again, these are only some suggestions. Best of luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Gazrok

As mentioned, diet can be a big factor, so I'd highly recommend researching this. My wife has fibro, and they share a lot of similarities. Not sure on the particular herb laws where you are, but if legal for use, then a certain herb can certainly help (still illegal where I am though). Sucks, because she could use a natural herb, but instead, has to do strong prescription painkillers. Ridiculous.

The issues I face are that in my line of work, I rarely even drink. (as much as I joke about it)
5 knee surgeries left me with a love affair with a certain perscription pain med that I fought (and won) to get and stay off of. Introducing something like an herb may be a game-changer in terms of employment though.

Anyhow, I can see why you want it off the books, but eventually, may get to the point where OTC won't cut it and allow you to function properly, so just be aware of it.

That's what frightens me.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubei2

I appreciate the information and will give it a go.

But borax? really?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, really.
Its toxicity is lower than table salt.
And here for your leisurely perusal:
www.health-science-spirit.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yoga light and easy stretching it will help! I have inflammation problems myself and it was the best thing in my life I miss it right now and need to get back into it.

You do not need to do all the religious aspects but at least some sort of long posture and stretching will help!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Gazrok

Not sure on the particular herb laws where you are, but if legal for use, then a certain herb can certainly help (still illegal where I am though). Sucks, because she could use a natural herb, but instead, has to do strong prescription painkillers. Ridiculous.

Again, for what it's worth, my gf says this certainly relieves her symptoms. So I agree with Gazrok; because of these outdated laws, she has virtually no choice but to take harsh expensive pharmaceuticals when a more natural and far less expensive painkiller exists.

However, I defintely understand your reservations about this, especially concerning employment.

Acupuncture has also worked for her.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

abeverage
reply to post by beezzer

Yoga light and easy stretching it will help! I have inflammation problems myself and it was the best thing in my life I miss it right now and need to get back into it.

You do not need to do all the religious aspects but at least some sort of long posture and stretching will help!

My wife and I do Tai Chi. We both enjoy it and the exercise does help.

Appreciate your thoughts!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Coup_Detat_Cam

Gazrok

Not sure on the particular herb laws where you are, but if legal for use, then a certain herb can certainly help (still illegal where I am though). Sucks, because she could use a natural herb, but instead, has to do strong prescription painkillers. Ridiculous.

Again, for what it's worth, my gf says this certainly relieves her symptoms. So I agree with Gazrok; because of these outdated laws, she has virtually no choice but to take harsh expensive pharmaceuticals when a more natural and far less expensive painkiller exists.

However, I defintely understand your reservations about this, especially concerning employment.

Acupuncture has also worked for her.

I guess I'm still "old school". Herb or needles?

Might stick to scotch!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It is imperative and i cannot emphasize this enough, that people always do warm-up before stretching or yoga exercises.

Many mistake stretching for warm-up when it is not. In order for ligaments and tendons to stretch without wear and tear, one should always do rotations of all the joints involved. Few minutes dedicated to this will increase blood flow in joints and make stretching easier.

Thumbs up for the advice however - people need to exercise daily IMHO, as this does fight stress hormones and increases serotonin levels.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

beezzer

abeverage
reply to post by beezzer

I have considered trying this as well!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

abeverage

beezzer

abeverage
reply to post by beezzer

I have considered trying this as well!

Tai Chi has helped my wife's breathing and my issues. Honestly, I thought these last few months were about me just getting old and my joints were acting up!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, fair enough.

Donating blood once every 56 days is all the exposure to needles I need in my life.

Scotch will cure anything!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have experienced relief by being stung by honey bees ...As strange as that may sound ,for me it had a noticeable effect ...I talked to a guy with bee hives and I mentioned it to him and he said that he had experienced the same thing .... just saying ....peace

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thank you for your reply.

Though I must say that the idea of being stung scares the hell out of me. I won't discount it though.

I will eat more honey.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Honey is a good thing but ...that beautiful golden stuff they sell at the supermarket is not what you want ...try and get the least processed you can ...its usually a whitish gray and has all the pollen and stuff in it ..It will also take care of allergies like hay feaver and that sneezing and sniffling due to pollen ..You can also use it on cuts and rashes ..its quite amazing stuff in its natural form ....peace and good luck

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez

Truly gutted to hear that my friend

I HAD a work colleaugue that contracted RA almost overnight from his description of it

Currently he is undergoing Chemotherapy if I understood correctly.

I don't want to scare you beez but early diagnosis is very important in treating it

Early medical intervention has been shown to be important in improving outcomes. Aggressive management can improve function, stop damage to joints as monitored on X-rays, and prevent work disability. Optimal treatment for the disease involves a combination of medications, rest, joint-strengthening exercises, joint protection, and patient (and family) education.

I've no doubt you've done your homework but THIS SITE May be of some help.

Good luck my friend our thoughts are with you

Just remember you are never alone on ATS and if you feel the need to scream and and shout or just blow off steam feel free to u2u me.

I'd never take offence beez

Cody

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join