It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How'd Putin do it ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
How, on gods green Earth.... did he manage to print an opinion article, in the NY Times on September 11th?

And not just any article, but a historically critical article.

I'm amazed that most seem oblivious to this, back during the cold war a letter like this would have been considered an insult.. a public insult of the highest order!

was there no oversight at the NY Times? no one thought to pickup the phone and warn the CIA? How'd putin get this message to the people?

These were direct assaults on the USA's power, delivered to every Americans communications gadget..
on the anniversary of september11..

The Russia leader actively tells you, your government is lying to you

do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

He advises you all that many countries, governments and religions are against your government:

despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope

tells you to suspect something about your government:

ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes.

..and he did this on September 11th in the NY Times!

.. the balls of the man!

edit on 13-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yep ... Sept 11 .... KGB Leader Putin gets a massive US hit piece in the NYT.

And ... Sept 11 .... Barack Hussein Obama tried to get the congress to vote to use our Air Force to help Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria. (he failed)

Kinda makes you wonder ....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
At least somebody has some God damn balls.

Insult? Try JUSTICE.

I'm sure the 9/11 truth movement greatly appreciated his comments.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think that's pretty clear, personally. Obama started as the absolute darling and boy-wonder to the Media. That held for just over 4 years....and now? Well.. The media make taking shots at him their personal past time and source of endless amusement at this stage. He's a punching bag on a daily basis..and I doubt that gets any better now, only worse. He passed the tipping point with the multiple gross abuses of rights and basic freedom of Press. They'll NEVER forget that and the media can be vicious beyond reason ...as Obama is learning in a very painful way.

However, the media is not unlike everyone else.. They need someone to hold up, if only to contrast who they say sucks for one week over another.

Putin is the stand-in of the moment. The new boy-wonder, for the time being anyway... So, he asked for NYT space of 9/11? They fell all over themselves, it seems to give him what he wanted and ask if he needed more.

Hero worship from the media level. Obama crapped out as a hero to them...so it's off to find another to create for the public and ratings.
edit on 13-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are politely saying what i will just say in my usual blunt way

By not being a warhungry prick.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Obamas getting slammed, I personally don't think majority of it has any substance though..
..but slammed none the less!

This wasn't a letter to Obama or about Obama, but taken in the context that he's talking to the people, an audience.. this is a call, for us to start questioning what we're being told, because we're being lied too and its leading toward conflict.

I think this is above hero worship, when your the United States you do not allow the media to make a hero out of our dormant, cold war foe! Do you think the government knew this was coming? i cant think of any single reason why the US government would let the Russian President put a damaging letter like this in the NY Times.

If the government didn't know, who's running the NY Times? cause for something like this to make it all the way to print and pass.. its just impossible!

Feels like we're coming close to going to far!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't think congress matters.. they're all playing the same tune, there just following orders and voting the way they are told to vote.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Watching the Obama administration is like watching the mini-car pull into the center ring at the circus, and out comes one clown, after another, after another, after another.

Putin and his PR advisors don´t need genius IQ:s to kick the Obama administration in the nuts and get away with it.

Obama is in a way a composed symbol, representing the complete and utter ignorance, that mires the American society today. If you put aside the 1% elite and 10% academically educated 'over class', the rest of the country is a nation of fat, slobbering, knuckle dragging cro mags, that elects a president by basis of their emotions (triggered and guided by smart ads) and hence this pre-idiocracy society is laughed at and detested by the greater parts of the world.

The average american abroad is seen as one that would go catatonic if the remote or the Iphone were more than an arm-length away.

edit on 13-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'd disagree about this being about Obama. It's 100% and totally about Obama. If it makes anyone feel better to make it a bit more impersonal, call it the President...as it could be anyone in that Office right now. If they were weak and indecisive like him? Putin would steamroll them too.

We're watching an extended round of the same game I grew up watching and most thought was over. The East and West and doing their little dance again....except, in previous times? We had a fairly decent match-up. Now, we have pure amateur vs. seasoned and cold professional. It's a scary thing when we're on the losing side of that by a huge margin.

This letter is Putin talking right past our President, to us, in the figurative position of leader. He knows the psych game this plays and he's playing it for all it's worth.

To be honest? I do not even blame Putin. He's simply doing what American and Russian leaders have done since 1945. The difference now and who I do blame? We've never allowed them to run roughshod over top of us before. Now, we are....and it's making ALL the difference to see, isn't it?

Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm amazed that most seem oblivious to this, back during the cold war a letter like this would have been considered an insult.. a public insult of the highest order!

The cold war is over. It's a different era now.

was there no oversight at the NY Times? no one thought to pickup the phone and warn the CIA? How'd putin get this message to the people?

Maybe because the article is well written and spot on? I don't see how this letter is going to change the hearts and minds of Americans.

The Russia leader actively tells you, your government is lying to you

And they are. Blatantly, right to everyones faces.

He advises you all that many countries, governments and religions are against your government:

Gee, I wonder why Americas reputation has been so tarnished the last several years? I'm sure the illegal warring has nothing to do with it.

tells you to suspect something about your government:

Preaching to the choir on this website anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
..and he did this on September 11th in the NY Times!

Which is officially Emergency Number Day.

Putin warns you on Emergency Number Day?

Oooohhhh spooky!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
All this makes me wonder if the TPTB enemies were able to buy our presidency this time, but there enemies did not count on the reach of the TPTB. TPTB just used their other puppet Putin to keep them in check. At until the next election. I imagine they will not make that mistake again.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Could Putin be blackmailing Obama? Maybe with information he got from Snowden. Even information about 9/11.

Not saying I believe this, but it has crossed my mind in the past week. As portrayed in the msm, Putin is definitely the hero.

Hmmmmm...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

here's a 12:44 video by the Parade-of-Clowns (elected or appointed) uttering their utterances about Putin Trolling the USA

video.msnbc.msn.com...

notice its MSNBC doing the hit piece for the administration...it seems the NYT is no longer 'the' mouthpiece for this Regimes' current frontman Mr. Øbama

i would gag if some of the utterances weren't so unreal so as to be humerous

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think y'all are all forgetting one thing. The average American have no idea this article even exists. And if they may have caught wind if it they would say who is Putin, then giggle.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well since you bring up the cold war..

How would americans then feel about ALL the things we know and allow today.

checkpoints, civil asset forfeiture, NSA, Patriot Act, waterboarding, torture, etc..

I GUARANTEE if you compare all since 9/11 to that Putin letter..

it would be the feeling we have today.. so what,

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

He's done it before, literally.. why would they turn him down? he's a world leader.. he's also not the first to have done it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

stellawayten
I think y'all are all forgetting one thing. The average American have no idea this article even exists. And if they may have caught wind if it they would say who is Putin, then giggle.

Actually they do .. the fact this article exists made the major news outlets.. I only found out about it because of CNN and Fox news reporting it.

It's not that big of a deal because he's done it before, and he's not the first world leader to do it.. the reason this is newsworthy is because it's related to Syria and Syria is a hot topic.

I'm amazed at how people are reacting to this as if it's unprecedented

From what I read, he also did not write the article.. he set the ideas and had someone else write it out.. no surprise since english isn't his native language anyway.
edit on 9/13/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have to say it was a direct hit, without spending a single rouble, a small lesson in diplomacy and tact, and just a tad embarassing for the US. I find that unlike other US presidents that President Obama does not have a presence, he always looks almost out of place at speeches, he looks alone.. whereas other presidents held a presence. whether in control or not they came across as having some kind of grip on a situation....Obama does not appear to have this charisma... imho... then he has everyone shooting at him..so it's not easy..

top topics

join