It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correlation between Aliens and Hollywood?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

No worries its all good. I had a long discussion with a friend a while back who is devote christian who believes that any life form outside of this planet is demonic. So I think that is where the misunderstanding from my side came from.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yeah it's sort of a layered descriptor. Without saying angel, fleshless, and evil you could very well say that Jesus was a hybrid too, therefor demon! But no, that doesn't work because he isn't evil, his father wasn't an angel, and his flesh rose again.

That's why I was nitpicking the term alien.. sure they're all alien, but alien is too simple of a term because some aliens (God, Jesus, and angels) are good guys, whereas all the movie aliens you're referring to are baddies.
edit on 9/13/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

So then what your opinion of life on other planets?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I have a lot of markers for alien abduction. The way my family rationalized finding me outside of a locked house at the age of three sleeping under a tree, which reoccurred until I was twelve - was that the fairy were coming and taking me away. There were other oddities also. Once we woke up and I was spanked because supposedly I at five years of age, delabelled EVERY can of food in all the cupboards and quietly while my parents slept, placed them all back into the cupboards without waking them! And supposedly got rid of the labels they couldn't find too. Stuff like that. They didn't blame the fairy on that one! I was blamed.

But what I'm trying to convey is - for the longest time - I trusted and believed it was really the fairy causing all the trickiness. I still do - I just think today we've come to call them the "grey" instead of fey. Same phenomenon, diiferent jaragon.

We have never, nor ever will be alone in this universe. So where is everybody? All around us, and most - like 99% of us, don't see because they don't want us to see. They'd still be operating primarily in the shadows, out of sight - out of mind... But then we started letting off big bada booms, which doesn't just affect our own dimensional space, but their separate dimensional space we can't normally perceive, to. So we forced their hand into revealing themselves - because we aren't just a danger to ourselves, we are a danger to the entire universe.

Sooooo, if that makes any sense and doesn't go to far afield of your own perceived reality - there you have it. That's currently my hypothesis - subject to change as I grow and change myself.

CdT

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Interesting. So you think had we not became nuclear it would all be a moot point? For the longest time I've been trying to ascertain certain things that are linked to abductions such as false memories or markers. I've dreamt of seeing UFO's sitting on the ground, landing and taking off for as long as I can remember.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It seems like Hollywood and the alien contact community sort of feed off of each other. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Close Encounters that introduced us to the Grays? Then there was an explosion in Third Kind contacts, with people reporting aliens that looked like the Grays. Did they get the idea from the movie, or was the movie the signal that these kinds of contacts were going to start being made? Then Whitley Strieber's books came out, and that pretty much cemented our idea of what aliens look like. Sure there have been reptilian aliens (Alien, V, Predator,) but mostly they look like the Grays (Fire in the Sky, Indiana Jones, X-Files, Paul). Nobody ever comes up with a new alien. Are they just lazy, or do they have some kind of instructions to keep making the aliens look the same?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I think there is definitely other life out there, but from where they originate, whether it is other planets or other realms, I don't know. Other planets sort of implies that they need a planet to sustain them or to dwell on - I don't know if that is necessarily true.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I've read reports that Spielberg was in the know with the government. The majority of his Alien movies all feature aliens that looked to be based from the greys.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Bleeeeep
reply to post by w810i

I think there is definitely other life out there, but from where they originate, whether it is other planets or other realms, I don't know. Other planets sort of implies that they need a planet to sustain them or to dwell on - I don't know if that is necessarily true.

My thought is that its all of the above. I've read a lot about there being beings that come from different dimensions. Along that same line I've read that scientists say there are 13 or so dimensions outside of the ones we inhabit. Then you also have those that are in different harmonics then what we occupy etc etc

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yeah most religions imply both other planet dwellers, and other realms. Even in Abrahamic religions, such as Mormonism, there is belief that Yahweh is from another planet, and not another realm, but personally, I believe he's from another realm.

And like the multiple dimensions/realms you've mentioned, I believe there is 5 realms within the sheol realm (the pit/abyss, the common void/Hades, Bosom of Abraham/paradise, hell/lake of fire, and then the great gulf/barrier/lake between the common void and Abraham's bossom) and then there are 7 different heaven realms within the heaven realm and then our universe in the Earthly realm so that makes 13 realms a least.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by w810i

Have you seen this 1967 Disney UFO documentary? It's pretty clear that Hollywood was slated to "disclose" something, and seems to be following through in a less documentary style.

There's no way that that is a 1967 film.

Listen to the music at the start.
Do you know what movie that is from?

Plus, in the video description, it says it's from 1995.

Radical.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Alien movies are really a modern take on good guys v bad guys, David and Goliath and victory against insurmountable odds whilst reflecting the technological age we are now living in. I also believe that these movies tap into our primal fears which makes for an exciting ride in the movie theatres and a successful box office.

I honestly do not believe that Hollywood has any inside track on whether aliens exist or not, and if so, what the state of play is. I personally believe that it's just good old fashioned entertainment for the sake of a safe profit.

IRM

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
All you have to do is watch ARGO to see how easily the CIA slips into bed with Hollywood.

They glide right in under the silk sheets...

I think there is a rather high probability that Hollywood is indeed working with the US govt to get us primed for contact.

But, truthfully speaking, if you follow that line of thinking, you're also going to need to be responsible and consider the idea that the Govt is guiding Hollywood in an effort to fan the flames of the "rumor" of UFO's and keep us squabbling amongst each other while they conduct top secret military craft experiments...

- SN

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

w810i

haha...I see were you are going now. You mean hybrids.
edit on 13-9-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

Are y'all aware that those "hybrids" as you like to put it are: not hybrids, and constitute up to 40% of the Terrestrial Human population?

Extraterrestrials are NOT demons, nor are they remotely related. They are people, many even HUMAN, even though they are non-Terrestrial.

They have the very same RIGHTS that YOU have.

Perhaps, when Terrestrial Humans learn that they are not special, and that everyone else are their equals you may proceed and progress.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Yeah. You're right, and I realized that this wasn't the same movie that I thought it was. I added that little side note in my followup post. This documentary has bits and pieces from the older documentary though. The only reference to the older documentary, that could find was is this, on a Google search page.

In 1967 the area was completely rebuilt with new rides and scenery. .... From New Tomorrowland - Lost Walt Disney UFO Documentary!

In 1967, Disneyland opened their new section called "Tomorrow Land" and they produced a UFO documentary to highlight it's opening. I can't find it now, but I've posted here on ATS before, more than once, over a year ago. But I can't remember the thread(s) or the author(s). But, I'm still looking for it.

edit on 13-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In more modern times; SyFy Chanel has their new series "Defiance". A story about post contact / war Terrestrial / extraterrestrial Earth. Its almost amazing that they depict the ETs as just "other people", as opposed to some "super advanced race".

In this video the synchronicities between SyFy's stuff and what very well could be ET reality is examined.

The main "players" of the Extraterrestrials even seem to follow reasonably well with what is believed by Terrestrial society.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, here's what filmmakers imagined aliens may look like in the 1902 film A Trip to the Moon (the aliens are the ones holding the spears):

The full movie is below. The first scene with the aliens is at around the 9:00 mark:

edit on 9/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Are you serious? the term 'alien' is used for anything 'foreign', so yes, a other worldly creature visiting Earth would indeed be a alien.

OT - I have often wondered whether Hollywood and the entire media industry for that matter actually reveal genuine truths within films and TV, but no one can ever claim it to be truth because they would just look insane. It's perfect really. I don't even believe the directors/writers etc even know it's truth, I just sometimes think the 'higher ups' have a way of getting what they want showed to the world within the TV world.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe hollywood is linked to the invasion of aliens coming soon or the conditioning of mankind. I think the hype surrounding such a phenomenon are whats causing the constant regurgitation of said films. However, I can always be wrong. . .

~Sovereign

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Excellent thread topic to throw out there! In the movies and TV, hundreds of folks work ceaselessly to bring stories to the screen that people will pay to see. It seems to me that they would be remiss in their duty to not portray visitors from another planet, with so many people hot on the subject.

That being said; I'm of a mind that a few respected directors and writers were bragged to by drunken or fan-boy brass at some point, and that's where we're getting these seeming 'leaks' in movies, comics, TV shows, novels and so on.

Thanx fer gettin' the ol' noggin a-crankin' along!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join