It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world first! Success at complete quantum teleportation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Don't know if this is posted by someone yet or not.

Don’t get ready for Scotty to beam you up quite yet, this is the teleportation of information. Though researchers have come close in the past, previous attempts transported incomplete or inconclusive information. It’s important to note that the information isn’t really traveling, rather, it effectively exists in two places at the same time.

The experiment's success was credited to a hybridized technique that blended the technology used for teleporting light along with reducing the frequency range of qubits. The ability to teleport information means that quantum computing may be getting closer to becoming reality.

More info: Click Here

edit on 08/29/2013 by HiddenSecrets because: Forgot the link.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

Here's a link that may work:

A world first! Success at complete quantum teleportation
akihabaranews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

and then we can finally make it travel trough time...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Wouldn't that be great? :O

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
foolish humans.

I have already given you the power to travel through time. You do it as you read. 60 seconds a minute. Every minute.

Now try and stop me !!

Muwahahaha!

(thats a load of doodads to transport a blip of light with what appears to be no more than a transceiver... I hope they do make it smaller!)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Didn't the Australians do this years ago, it's pretty cool, but far from real transportation of matter.

Like they say at Tesco though, every little helps.

EDIT:

WOW! Looking for the story I mentioned, I found another really cool one, the Aussies have invented a tractor beam!!!

Breakthrough as scientists move objects 5ft using tractor lasers

Will try and find the "beaming" story.

2nd EDIT:

Found it, it's from 2002...

Australian teleport breakthrough

edit on 12/9/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am not surprised that many would laugh or scoff at this disclosure, but I suspect it comes from not fully understanding what is being laughed at.

The teleportation term that is being discussed, is at the photon level and while many immediately think of Star Trek and science fiction ideas when they hear the term "teleportation,", it is these TV and Movie ideas that cause issues with people understanding how teleportation is being referenced, as in this thread.

Quantum Physics, Quantum Computing is advancing towards a quantum computer, that can do much more than people know it can do today. What it can do today, is not even vaguely understood, but Quantum computing has been advancing its development in ways the public is not generally aware of, especially in the area of high level Government uses and Strategic military uses.

To better understand the level of development that we are currently at, search the phrase: Quantum Communications System. Then read up on how such a system works, because it is not theory, it works today, and is science fiction fact.

Once you better understand how it can be used in a secret communications system and that it is the most secure system in the world, you will want to know how it works.

Basically, the Quantum system creates two matching photons which are then charged (+ or - ), and as such, are a matching pair of matching photons. The photons are then coded with the communication. One photon is sent to the receiver...this is the teleportation they are referring to, and because they are matching photons, and because they are fragile stability, based on their magnetic properties, any attempt to read the contained data, collapses the photon and because of this one ability, it is considered 100% secure from being hacked.

One additional feature of this current and existing Quantum Communications System, is that when the attempt to hack is sensed, it begins to locate and track the hacker in ways that are too complex to discuss in this reply.

I have discussed all this because to make my point relevant to today, consider that recently, China announced their own development and creation of a secret Space based Quantum Communications System and among certain circles, it is felt this push to complete their secure system, is predicated on the Snowden revelations regarding all the surveillance that exists in all systems around the world, other than a Quantum Communications system.

The many different areas of Quantum Physics, contribute to many not understanding what the term teleportation refers to, but I hope the following link that discusses the Chinese Communications System, will set you on your way to becoming better informed about Quantum Communications that today uses the term teleportation, as a means to describe sending a photon, complete as when created, to a receiver instantaneously, while completely secure from any known interception.

Thanks for the thread.

South China Morning Post: Article reporting on China's secret Quantum Communications System.
www.scmp.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenSecrets

Another recent success with Quantum Teleportation!

phys.org...
LONGER DISTANCE QUANTUM TELEPORTATION ACHIEVED
"Physicists at the University of Geneva have succeeded in teleporting the quantum state of a photon to a crystal over 25 kilometers of optical fiber."

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is amazing, as I understand it this can lead to instant or near instant comunications over any distance. Applications for space travel especially would be huge.

Not even considering quantum computer advances as someone else mentioned, Great post.
edit on 22-9-2014 by seeking77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenSecrets

maybe we are all staring at a big TV and all they do is change the movie (era) and we (our minds) think we are living/being in whatever film they show us?

scary thought.

I am very rarely serious but that might be the tele transportation...sort of like the matrix.

new topics

top topics

join