It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My introduction, ask away if you wish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hi, I haven't introduced myself as of yet to you all. I just remembered all of the sudden that there was an introduction forum on here and I thought to myself "eh, why not give 'em something about myself".

Most of you wouldn't be able to pronounce my name as it has most of the peculiar consonants which my language consists of. I'm 25 and have a beautiful son. I love him and his mother very deeply.

I study theology and all kinds of religions in my university. I have played drums for 9 years and guitar and bass for about 3 years. I also sing and am making my own record in my spare time.

I live in a small town called Hafnarfjörður (in most of your eyes, all our towns are small) just outside of Reykjavík. I've always lived here and I quite frankly, like it quite much. Though from a very young age I've always been drawn to places like, Giza, Machu Picchu, Jerusalem etc. etc.
My upbringing was quite standard and even though I've always had faith I wasn't pushed into believing or into any religion as it was never discussed in my home. I decided from a very young age that I believed and never did I believe in some man in the sky type figure. I just know, and have always known that there is something bigger than all of us and all of this.

I study religions because I saw in it the grain of truth that exists in our world and beyond it. Through science and knowledge intertwined with wisdom to infinity. Though that last part eludes us all with but a glimpse of it.

So, I believe that in every religion there exists a core truth that has been myth eluded and dogmatized into a fog of propaganda. And from there it has split us up and conquered us in it's elusiveness and by our frantic minds.

So basically, I tie up science into philosophy and metaphysics and incorporate it with wisdom. It was the only way for me for things to make sense. I follow no religion, though I study it. I only follow truth.

I have been a long time lurker here on ATS and signed up a year ago and in the near future I wish to contribute more to this society and help it thrive.

My aim is also to help those who judge ahead of themselves and scrutinize things and use fear and rage as their tool for self accomplishment.

Nice to meet you all and if you wish to know more about me, just ask.

edit on 11/9/13 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Hi and welcome to the forums

I wonder since you study religions are you a believer of prophecies from religions?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Welcome, Sir. Peace be to you and your family. Glad you finally made an intro.

I have one question. You mentioned that you 'only follow truth'. What is truth?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I have no doubt that some prophecies have reference to coming events. Though most of what is in scriptures is copied many dozens of times it can become obscure as to what is exactly predicted. Also the factor that meaning conveying was totally different back then compared today.

So in short yes. I believe many predictions from various scriptures apply.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Hi thank you and to you and yours.

Truth is without definition. As it is not of this world. You can feel it and know it. It is ever flowing and only through your actions which are conveyance of your belief can you know it.

Truth ties into the very foundation of all that is, without truth, there is only nothing.
Truth ties into good, love/care/compassion, wisdom, knowledge(of good quality).

And know, even though something can be true, it isn't always the truth. The world is only good or bad, and good and all that branches from that tree is truth. Microcosmically or macrocosmically.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

And thank you both for your kind welcomes

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

I would agree with you that Truth is not of this world.

Jesus said he was the way, the truth and the life. He told his followers that, and they believed him and were killed for spreading the good news.

I don't know anybody that would die for a lie.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Very nice intro, I like your style
I also like the way you deal with information with regards to your studies, goals and conclusions.I really hope the site works for you and you get involved on the heavy side
Welcome

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very nice intro and welcome aboard.
Sounds like you will get along here just fine. Can't wait to read some of your posts.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Aye, Jesus was a man of the truth. He is my brother/sister/mother I hope, because I believe out of pure love, care and compassion.

It's quite annoying that the word for Love/care/compassion in english does not exist as it does in Icelandic. We have a word that conveys all those three meanings in one word: Kærleikur.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great! Another wrabbit.

First Icelander i've seen on ATS. Looking forward to your additions.
edit on 9-11-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Thank you, appreciate your kindness and your warm hearted welcome

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Thank you, can't wait to write 'em! Have too much topics to choose from, have to organize myself in the order to post them as I hope to have it all connected somewhat. Most of them hopefully.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm the only Icelander I know that visits this site. Don't think many of us are aware of it afaik.

Indeed, down the hole we go, explore and find that which is good!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Sump3
reply to post by Mugen

I'm the only Icelander I know that visits this site. Don't think many of us are aware of it afaik.

Indeed, down the hole we go, explore and find that which is good!

Yes sir.

Does Iceland have any restricted internet laws? It seems you would know enough about American media to know the difference in the two medias.

In elementary I learned Iceland is green, and Greenland is ice.

I bet you already have Private Messages from fellow Icelanders.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

No restrictment here that I know of. Icelanders are generally very well informed in world information through various media's. Mainly through the internet as our TV media is only comprised of two native TV channels. We can also subscribe for various large medias such as CNN, BBC etc.

Well, the summer here is mild, though the winter can get very snowy it ain't very cold. Sometimes we get around -10 - -20°c (ca. 5°fahr.)

We get the gulf stream from mexico bay all the way up here so that keeps our island from being frozen all year round. Otherwise we would pretty much be like Greenland.

edit on 11/9/13 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Welcome Brother!

I am new to ATS as well and am most likely posting here for the same reasons you are. I haven't had the chance to travel to the places that are calling me yet, but I will soon. I have always believed that many of us in the generations that are now 0-35 were not born completely blank. There are many that were not born with the Truth or any recollection of their previous adventures. See you on the boards!

Serp

new topics

top topics

join