It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next contest theme--CAST YOUR VOTE!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I hadn't thought of that, actually. Take the creepy dramatic demonic horror whatever off the list and keep it as a mandatory theme for October. I don't think that should even be negotiable - reserve that theme exclusively for October. You gotta admit, that's a fair suggestion!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just wondering, when we do the "horror" thing does marriage count?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Only if you include pictures. Horror is more...horrifying...when you can put a face to that monstrosity. Really makes the nightmare that much more tangible and real.

edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

intrepid
Just wondering, when we do the "horror" thing does marriage count?

Isn't gore against the T&C?

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok I'm happy this is off to such a good start. I figure we can run this thread till Friday the 13th.

At that point we will tally up the responses and the contest will launch, with an official thread,that day or Saturday the 14th, running until the 14th of the following month.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If this contest is going to run from now until October 14th, then I suggest we make this one the "freaky" Halloween one. Otherwise we are only left with 15ish days for halloween ones. Right?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm easy. No! Not that way. Y'all get your minds outta the gutter.
Sheesh!

Whatever topic is thrown out there I'll play. I haven't written a Short story for awhile.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you combine "animal perspective" with "psychological trauma," then I can use Beezer's pole dancing image as my illustration. I know, I know, you were in college; you needed the money...

Any theme on your list is good, but I agree to saving the more macabre ones for next month.
edit on 9/11.2013 by graceunderpressure because: Must have spilled something on my semicolon key

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

As much as I like the idea of a time travel theme, you have a very good point.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I'm making an independent contest for Halloween.

It'll start near the end of this one I figure and run up until Movember 1st.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Movember? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that month. Is that before or after December?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If I had a more spectacular moustache, I would be dearly tempted to participate. As it is, however, my moustache barely qualifies as anything other than the shed skin of a severely balding woolly bear caterpillar. I'm pretty sure it died of depression shortly afterward.

Anyway, back to the topic.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Movember? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that month. Is that before or after December?

Movember is right after Freemuaril.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hey XxNightAngelusxX, congrats on winning!!

I would like to vote for 'time travel'! (will likely still participate if it's another topic, lol)
Looking forward to seeing what's next!
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

2 and 1 for me,

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Loving the responses

I'm seeing time travel here... leaning towards time travel. And that's not because of my personal bias for time travel (not completely), but I'm interested to see what you lot would do with a time travel story.

You gotta be creative, ya know?

Maybe a psychological friendship time travel story?

I'll be honest. That sounds like paradise for me.

I'd love that theme.

I was going to suggest we combine this contest with next month's, but Tenth said there's gonna be a separate contest for Halloween (WOOOOHOOO! CAN'T WAIT!) Soooo, nope.

Ima run through this thread again, just to make sure I wasn't mistaken in finding that time travel was the most popular. I'm also for a time travel combo theme, of course.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Halloween Contest

The thread is up, but it don't start till October 1st, so people can focus on yours for the first bit

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would have to pick 1 and 5. You could add pets if you like since somehow it relates to 1 and 5. Time travel is possible, all you have to do is think back.

As for friendships, strange how you meet someone and somehow you have known them from some distant past; knowing in this time you have never met them before.

Same goes for pet's; how is it that one can become lost, you moved and yrs later they find you? All the rest have been used up or could be found in books anyway so might as come up with something new and creative.

It leave the door open on the 3, time travel could relate to past lives where friendship's developed longer then we remember. As for pet's, they fit right in.

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Halloween Contest

The thread is up, but it don't start till October 1st, so people can focus on yours for the first bit

~Tenth

Awesome! Gawwwwd, its gonna be so hard... I adore Halloween!

I think we have a winner.

A friendship/time travel story. Very Doctor Who-ish, yeah?

Ya'll alright with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join