Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Next contest theme--CAST YOUR VOTE!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I didn't expect to be the one picking the next contest theme, so I'm having a bit of a mental block.... meh. I've narrowed it down a little bit, and here are the basic themes I've spawned.

1 - Time Travel

2 - Animal Life (A story told from an animal's perspective... a house pet, or a wild animal, either one)

3 - Psychological Trauma (A dark, mind-twisting horror story)

4 - Alien possession/abduction

5 - Friendship (A story of love, or undeniable loyalty from friends)

Also, I think it would be pretty interesting to combine two of these themes. So, whichever two are the most popular, I'll combine together, like Tenth did with the Aliens & the love story. That will make it all the more interesting, right?

Of course, if you have any theme suggestions that you'd like voiced or voted for, feel free to post em... what I posted here is off the top of my head. I'm making this thread for perspectives and feedback. But if you can't think of a random, creative theme, just vote for one of these five.

Let me have it

edit on 11-9-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

My vote goes to Demonic Possession!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I like the thought of #3, but I don't participate as much as I read along. Can't wait to read the stories of whichever subject is picked.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've got an outline that would fit in 5. 3 and 5 would work too.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

#4, but hey, I'm in that kind of mood.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I like the combination of animal life and time travel! Now that requires some imagination!

I think the demonic possession and dark psychology should be for next month's Halloween writing contest! If there is going to be one.

edit on 11-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I like the idea of #2 and #3 combined. There's something clever and original brewing, I can feel it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why does it have demonic possession? Angelic or Alien possession might prove to be just as interesting, and leave a bit more open to the writer!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have been toying with a concept for a time travel story for a while, it would nice to have some motivation to move forward with it lol

the demonic possession is a great idea too....

any theme is fine with me except zombies they are far too mainstream nowadays

edit on 11/9/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I was thinking of the demonic/psychological trauma for Halloween too... but I'm not gonna have any say-so in that contest. We'll have to talk with Tenth about that. I CAN'T WAIT FOR A HALLOWEEN WRITING CONTEST.

Aaaanyway, Animal Life & Time Travel would be interesting. I have to admit, I'd have a lot more trouble with improvising on that one than I did with the Alien Love Story.

Maybe we should preserve the darker ones for Halloween next month...

Eh. I'll wait for more votes.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How about a mind bender ~ combine 1,3,4 & 5

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting ideas...

Why does it have demonic possession? Angelic or Alien possession might prove to be just as interesting, and leave a bit more open to the writer!

I like the idea of an alien possession/abduction. Maybe I'll change that from demonic possession, cause the demon stuff ought to be saved for next month.

How about a mind bender ~ combine 1,3,4 & 5

A time-travel, profound, psychological friendship story?

Hells bells, ima watch me some Doctor Who today, then.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I vote for time travel. If we're talking about having a contest, time travel is the most exciting and challenging test of writing skill you could possibly offer. That is...if you take full advantage. In fact, if you do take full advantage, all of the options could easily fit into a time travel story. Ooh, I can just imagine having a crack at it. The difficulty of pulling off that kind of story just makes it hotter.
edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As we are heading into the Witching season, a Halloween theme should be the order of the day.

Since the writers seem to be a pretty close knit group it may be fun to do a horror that is based on characters from ATS.

I love some of the past stories that included members and to do this at Halloween? Administration, Mods, and Writers could even collaborate and the post with the most stars wins. One reply per member with only the usual character limit.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Or possessed by GMO! Or MSG, TV, The Internet!!! there is no end to what one could be possessed by.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

A lovely domesticated cat accidentally walks into an activated time machine and winds up in ancient Egypt. Becomes a "god" and is worshiped! Whales from another planet time travel back in time to save planet earth from an emotionless future!

The possibilities are endless! LOL!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm in for #1, #2, #4 or #5 or anything other than horror / dark psychological trauma or twisted demonic possession. Hey, that's just how I roll. lol! I gotta sleep at night!!
I love Halloween, too, and some scary is good.

Seriously, however, thanks for putting up this thread and asking our opinions!

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I thought new contests were done by MODs like masqua or ToTheTenth?
edit on 11-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

antar

I thought new contests were done by MODs like masqua or ToTheTenth?
edit on 11-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

I'm not hosting the contest.

I won the previous contest, and Tenth said I could choose the next contest theme, it was one of the prizes. It was a new twist to the contests. Once we figure out a theme here, be it a single theme or a creative combo like last time, I'll message Tenth and he'll have it up and running.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
nvm - already answered!
edit on 11-9-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join