It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They F you at the Drive-thru!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was on the road this weekend and noticed a new, or maybe not so new, practice at fast food restaurants. Like Joe Pesci said in "Lethal Weapon Whatever", "They F you at the drive-thru!"

Actually I went inside and ordered to go from the counter. If it had only happened once, I would have let it pass. It happened going and coming at two different chains. The cashiers shorted my order and sent me off with a smile and a thank you. The first time they got away with it. The second time I was ready for them. I called them on the missing item and they made some lame excuse about it. I think they are doing it on purpose to cut their food cost and provide themselves free meals. Both places were near freeway off ramps so they think you will be down the road before you notice and unable to return for your lost food.

I can remember this happening once or twice in the past but not back to back like this. Anybody else have similar experiences? Is this a trend?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

When you said they was right off of a freeway ramp you hit the nail right on the head.
I used to live (years and years ago) where my only fast food places where all off the exit. And yes I got ripped off all the time. But when I was away at work and at other locations this never happened!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You F yourself when you are doing drive-thru.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

amen brother.
amen

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

LOL! I was going to say something similar.

Making a permanent decision (unhealthiness) based on a temporary situation (hunger).

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

In addition to having had that same experience repeatedly, I have never had any drive-thru order come up right. I quit using the drive-thru 35 years ago because of it. I've let my wife talk me into using the drive-thru maybe a half-dozen times since then; and every time, I end up saying, "See? I told you so...."

edit on 9/9/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
They did you a favor!
Please dont eat that stuff, it isn't healthy.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

They're just reminding you of how much they deserve that $15.00 per hour wage they're after.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'm more surprised that checking your order EVERY TIME seems to be a new revelation to people. I never go through a drive thru or carryout without checking to make sure I have all my food AND my receipt is correct. Of course, I check my cash withdraws and deposit receipt at the bank too.

People make honest mistakes all the time, especially when it comes to math.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Fast food is Gross as Hell. You actually eat that garbage.

If you had ever seen how your food is handled you might think about what you are eating.

Just thought I might be kind enough to point that out.

Now, for why you get Fu[SNIPED] at the ANY Fast food. This is actually Not a conspiracy.

Have a look at the help. It is hard for anyone to take pride in slapping some buns and "Meat Flavored" soy products together. Couple that with wanting to clock out, and go home, added to a rush of hungry people and you get "Fu[SNIPED] At The Drive Thru.

You should take better care of what you do to yourself.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It would be nice if all they did was take a black marker- and mark each item on the order physically to ensure they put everything in the bag.

Save them from getting complaints- and it will save them money. What corporation doesnt like saving money?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Lysergic

Umm, lys, don't you always talk about doing drive trus and takeouts?

You must practice what you preach! Wanna go for some panda and cold stone?

Anyway, it's not just fast foods. Everybody steals everywhere--either from the customers or from the company. Grocery stores are a good one. Most damaged items can't be put on the shelf. Want a chocolate bar? Just accidentally "rip" it open with your box cutter.

There's at least one (usually more) at any workplace.

Edit: No, I was not one of those people!
edit on 10-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Whats worse of these two things?:

1) The fact that some greasy haired, spotty faced little scumrag working in a drive-thru has so little control over thier life, that they take it out on paying customers by shorting them on orders, spitting in the burgers, making sweet love to the baps, and sneezing on the fries...

or...

2)The fact that people still falsely believe that you can get anything worth putting in your mouth from a drive-thru of any brand, in any state, in any nation on this entire planet.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Judging by the typical ATS response, you would expect that average ATSer to have the clearest arteries, a pristine colon, and rippling chest muscles.

Give me a break. The topic isn't about how healthy drive thru's may or may not be. But rather how much you get ripped off.

FWIW, I regularly use a drive thru bar b que place here in town. Takes forever, but it is the best bbq you will get within 100 miles.

(this is the point that I would LOVE to put the eyes rolling emote.....if it existed).

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for saying that. I don't automatically pick the greasiest thing on the number board and super size it. You can actually get some pretty decent salads and burritos at the ff chains these days. Not that I will turn down a big juicy burger piled high with bacon. When I am on a road trip and trying to make time food to go is the go to option. Its all about choices.

As another poster opined it should be sop to check the bag.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

absolutely.

My local places are the worst in the world at not making sure the whole order is there. I won't drive away until I verify everything (inluding the sons "no onions" request). Yes. I'm "that guy".

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello,
I once worked on a drive-thru window for a 'fast food' outlet in Canada...won't mention any names. You have NO idea how stressful it can be.
These restaurants have time frames...meaning, that each customer should be able to place their order, and have you fill it...and them drive away...within a certain number of minutes. (This is what the company wants...maximum output in minimum time).
During the 'rush' time...lunch (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)...we weren't supposed to leave our station, even to go to the bathroom.
I can say that cleanliness was of the utmost importance, and I was never aware of anyone even attempting to steal money, or short orders on purpose.
These places have a huge turnaround in employees, many of whom are students (first job ever).
It can be confusing, stressful, customers yelling at you for giving them EXACTLY what they ordered...etc.
Many times I use drive-thru for coffee/drinks....many times my order is wrong.
I don't get mad....or get even...I sympathize with them, and politely request that they fix it (when possible)....as in, before I've left the parking lot.
I choose my battles, and this is never one of them.
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I am never rude and I never yell about it. I had a career in food service management and I know how challenging some customers can be. I simply expect my order to be filled as it is printed on the receipt. That is a reasonable expectation, imo. One thing that made me curious the second time it happened this past weekend was the person who filled my order and "forgot" to put my meal in the bag went on break and sat down to a meal immediately after I went up and requested my missing meal. It was sitting right on the prep counter tucked in behind another order. It looked to me like it was left out of my bag purposely.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

NarcolepticBuddha

Lysergic

Umm, lys, don't you always talk about doing drive trus and takeouts?

You must practice what you preach! Wanna go for some panda and cold stone?

Anyway, it's not just fast foods. Everybody steals everywhere--either from the customers or from the company. Grocery stores are a good one. Most damaged items can't be put on the shelf. Want a chocolate bar? Just accidentally "rip" it open with your box cutter.

There's at least one (usually more) at any workplace.

Edit: No, I was not one of those people!

I recently switched up my diet, but I appreciate you trying to call me out

Yeah was hooked on that kung pao chicken for a moment, been cooking lately, not as convenient.
I just enjoyed F-ing myself I guess.

Stuff I cook is better tasting

I'm still down to go to marble slab if you are

ps: lol whats up with these smilies?!

edit on 10-9-2013 by Lysergic because: stone cold like steven austin

edit on 10-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sweet! Glad to hear you're on a cooking kick. I do a lot of cooking myself!

The worst part about takeout and fast-food is the price. It's supposed to be a cheaper alternative, but I find the prices to be absolutely outrageous for the crap you get in return. It's almost $5.00 for most of the wimpy burgers you get at Mcdonalds, Burger King et al.

I don't know how fast foods stay in business when it's healthier, better tasting, and cheaper just to make your own hamburgers and kung pao.

I'm quite certain between the high-fat, high-salt content and the additives they put in..it just keeps people addicted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join