It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Of those Who Say We Should Punish Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've wondered when I read posts from members who say we should punish Assad for using chemical weapons.
What about the rebels? We have just as much evidence that they have used chemical weapons, and that they used them first.

So why do you feel they should have a pass? Shouldn't they be punished just like Assad? Why do you feel they are different than Assad?

Or are those who don't think they should be punished, like our POTUS in thinking that removal of Assad should be the only goal?

Here are a few articles about the rebels and gas.

May 5 2013
U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator

these next two i found quite interresting seeing how well Syria and Israel get along. from The Jerusalem Post

UN strongly suspects Syrian rebels used sarin gas

April 29 2013
UN: Chemical probe ready to deploy within 48 hours

in looking for the reports i found it strange that there were many reports of the use of sarin being used and saying at least once by Syrian troops. and the the articles go on to talk about the government and not much at all about the rebels and their use of these weapons.

Again I ask, if it is found that the rebels have used chemical weapons, did they cross the same red line and should be punished? Or is the red line only for Assad?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Obama said Chemical weapons use would be what got the us into the war. So maybe we should punish assad. Then again, who would have more to gain if assad used chemical weapons? Assad, who would get a face-full of FREEDOM, or the rebels, claiming it was assad using them? Somebody used Chems, and unless he or his generals are completely f***ing stupid, it wasn't Assad.

join