It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only a few hours left of ATS.2010 folks........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Get your fill of it now, for in only a few hours (plus or minus) all this could be transitioned over to the new ATS 5/3 format. Last message from the S.O. was that Monday was the target for the transition. Unless that has changed, (and he uses U.S. Eastern Time) this all could be gone in less than 3 hours.

Personally, it's no big deal to me, (been there done that numerous times myself) as most of the main concerns have been addressed by the "team", and short of missing the "New Topic Live Headlines" page, and hopefully the new emoticons have been decided upon and accepted, it is a new chapter. So, enjoy reading the end of this chapter fellow members, a new chapter of adventure lies ahead.

Do not look back...you could turn into a pillar of salt (or so they say).

Link to the new UI helper post from S.O (in case you missed it).
edit on 9/8/2013 by Krakatoa because: Added link

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

So...in the new version we are not going to have (new topics live) anymore? That is a bummer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well it's Monday morning here Central Time been Monday morning there for almost two hours and it's still the same ATS ...... I don't mind change...... just wish the colors would stick!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Looking forward to the new tinfoil hat, face-palm emoticons

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
no....
No!
NO!
NOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will miss you ATS 2010. Travel safe into exile, friend.
You will be sorely missed.

Yes. Yes you will be.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh the joy, and my Monday was going so well

I'll pop in from time to time, but looks like I need to find pastures new when this abomination comes into effect.

King

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I for one am champing at the bit. Its not that I particularly get a nerdgasm from the new site, or for that matter the old. What I am looking forward to, is knowing which interface method I will be using from here on out ! Knowing that the old ATS is done with, will give me a reason to spend my time learning the new system in more detail, learning its tricks and shortcuts, its benifits and its shortfalls, and becoming acclimated to our new environment.

For those being unecessarily gobby about it, I have only to say that for references on the importance of adaptation, see most of the X-Men comic books.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As someone who has studied web design and coding I know all too well how difficult it can be to satisfy everybody. Well done SO, you've worked damn hard to provide a website that I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of since 2008 and shall continue to enjoy as we transition into a newer, modernised version of the website most of us love.

For the detractors and whingers: Go design a website yourself and make it as good as ATS then come back and share your experiences with us. See you.....like um......never.

EDIT TO ADD: I also remember the whingers and moaners coming out of their holes when we transitioned to the current version we use now, being ATS2010. Quick question: Where are they now? Oh yeah - now they are complaining about the new website. Coincidence? I think not.
edit on 9/9/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I know it doesn't matter at this point.

And still grey & green, thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Will miss the old, but the new I find easy enough to navigate after a brief session. After seeing ATS go through many changes, you get used to it and you adapt.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I like the new design.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

Oh well....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

*Accessing new pathway command group>
>Navigation interface change detected.
>Initialising neural net augmentation.
Processing...
>Assimilation complete.
>Navigation interface synchronisation successful.
>Re-routing to new pathway.

And now I am comfortable!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The new version is SOOO much better on my Droid. No more constantly zooming in and out, and shifting the page this way and that to navigate.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Kryties
As someone who has studied web design and coding I know all too well how difficult it can be to satisfy everybody. Well done SO, you've worked damn hard to provide a website that I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of since 2008 and shall continue to enjoy as we transition into a newer, modernised version of the website most of us love.

For the detractors and whingers: Go design a website yourself and make it as good as ATS then come back and share your experiences with us. See you.....like um......never.

EDIT TO ADD: I also remember the whingers and moaners coming out of their holes when we transitioned to the current version we use now, being ATS2010. Quick question: Where are they now? Oh yeah - now they are complaining about the new website. Coincidence? I think not.
edit on 9/9/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

There is no need to really "design" a website anymore in the days of Wordpress.

As for forums, I personally would not code a new forum software, there is plenty out there already like VBullettin or SMF etc. HOWEVER, I want to give props to ATS since they indeed "designed" their own custom forum software which is a rare thing.

I miss ONE, and actually the MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE....

A reasonable and good full screen editor! To be honest, looks are not so important.

But this forum needs a better text-editor since the quoting and citing like this is ARCHAIC...not to say it's utterly horrible. The funny thing...a good editor to reply, quote and edit would be the crucial thing for a forum. Every time I want to reply and quote someone, especially longer texts requiring some editing of the original post to condense it and then give my input..I want to scream...

edit on 12013RuMondayAmerica/Chicago22PMMondayMonday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of work has gone into this and many users will find it an improvement but for this lil black duck it's horrendous and will be keeping me at other easier on the eye forums. I might even find that I actually have a life offline.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am soooooo relieved. I can now see everyone's posting name and there is no longer that big wasted space at the top where I had to scroll down just to see the first post. I can still have my dark color, I found where my images were, I can still upload from youtube, they are working on new smilies...All is well.

top topics

join