It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be a role for Mikhail Gorbachev?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It seems clear that Obama wants to attack Syria despite undeniable proof that links the use of chemical weapons to Assad.
The UN is swept aside by Obama because Russia and China will block any proposal for an intervention, also Ban Ki-moon warns of military action in Syria.

"I must warn that ill-considered military action could cause serious and tragic consequences, and with an increased threat of further sectarian violence," Ban said in his remarks at the Humanitarian Initiative on Syria, held on the margins of the G20 summit.

"We should explore ways to avoid further militarization of the conflict and revitalize the search for a political settlement instead."

www.newswala.com...

Putin says that Russia is not defending Assad but international law.

www.dailypaul.com... (video, interview with Putin)

Russia will help Syria if it is attacked without aproval of the UN.

While surfing on youtube i found an interview from the BBC with Mikhail Gorbachev.

Putin is determined to protect Syria if the US decides to attack while Obama seems determined to attack Syria.
i wonder if Mikhail Gorbachev will play a role to bring both sides together again in constructive talks to solve the stalemate.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I dont think either Putin or Obama are really concerned about finding a diplomatic solution, the decision for war was made a long time ago and the wheel are i motion. The elder statesman is trying to remain relevant, but its been over 20 years since he was head of a super-power; times have changed. The nature of the cold-war has changed, its a shame because Mutually Assured Destruction hasnt changed at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It seems they are coming back on their decision on going ahead with attacking Syria without the approval of the UN.

Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday the United States did not rule out the possibility of returning to the United Nations Security Council to secure a resolution on Syria once U.N. inspectors complete their report.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Edit;

"A lot will depend on the permanent members of the UN Security Council.

"They need to show the Cold War is over, that they are able to work together," he said.

Gorbachev took a jab at France, a vocal supporter of intervention in Syria.

"I was surprised that France, instead of supporting an international conference, is taking its current position on Syria," he said.

"I think that France will have to change its position."

www.thelocal.ch...
edit on 8-9-2013 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Let's skip the political stalemate and proceed to checkmate.

Despite the latest news about the will of Syria to bring syrian chemical weapons under international control, there are still efforts being made from US politicians to go and attack Syria.
Despite knowing that their socalled proof is seen through and it does not link the syrian government to the latest chemical attack.
Despite the overwelming percentage of the people in America and elsewhere who are opposed to an attack against Syria, they seem to be determined to go ahead.

Unbelievably small, no war....

Kerry must really think that Syria is a death thing that will not defend itself and that it has no allies who protect Syria against aggression from a foreign country.

So although the latest false flag of the US and the saudi's didn't work, they will proceed anyway and try to convince the people no one will return in a body bag.

This is not about Syria, this is not about any chemical attack, it is sickening to hear them talking about dead children and atrocities while they support and control the terrorist groups who are responsible for so much bloodshed in Syria.
This is about going to war with Iran and maybe other countries that we do not know about yet.

edit on 9-9-2013 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join