It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls Putin a 'jackass'. Putin responds: "I should be scared...? I wrestle bears."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

ST. PETERSBURG (The Borowitz Report)—Hopes for a positive G20 summit crumbled today as President Obama blurted to Russia’s Vladimir Putin at a joint press appearance, “Everyone here thinks you’re a jackass.” The press corps appeared stunned by the uncharacteristic outburst from Mr. Obama, who then unleashed a ten-minute tirade at the stone-faced Russian President. “Look, I’m not just talking about Snowden and Syria,” Mr. Obama said. “What about Pussy Riot? What about your anti-gay laws? Total jackass moves, my friend.” As Mr. Putin narrowed his eyes in frosty silence, Mr. Obama seemed to warm to his topic

“If you think I’m the only one who feels this way, you’re kidding yourself,” Mr. Obama said, jabbing his finger in the direction of the Russian President’s face. “Ask Angela Merkel. Ask David Cameron. Ask the Turkish guy. Every last one of them thinks you’re a dick.” Shortly after Mr. Obama’s volcanic performance, Mr. Putin released a terse official statement, reading, “I should be afraid of this skinny man? I wrestle bears.”

Article

I found this hilarious.

They're like little kids! Hooray for world leaders!
edit on 7-9-2013 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I didn't even bother looking at your source. I can tell by the content that it's BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Seems like the only sources for this are tabloid type sites.

Really man, filter your posts.

NEVER HAPPENED.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Andy Borowitz (born January 4, 1958) is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who won the first National Press Club award for humor.

He is known for creating the satirical column "The Borowitz Report", which has an audience in the millions and was acquired by The New Yorker.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That article in the OP is a Satirical Blogger for the New Yorker.
OP, you don't think we are that gullible here, do you?

The article is pure satire but from the activity I’ve witnessed on facebook and twitter, many people are under the impression that it’s fact and that’s a shame because nothing could be further from the truth. How do I know this? Because there isn’t one single news outlet besides The New Yorker with a corroborating story – and trust me, if it were true every news site on the web would be running it!

LiveLeak Explanation

FYI: Simple Google search for "definition of satire":

sat·ire ˈsaˌtīr/ noun noun: satire 1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Humm if the leader of the free world actually said that he does not need to be the leader anymore...I find it hard to believe because for an outburst like that you would have to care and be involved in policies of state....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

Haha yes very true. I should have posted in the jokes forum. Its kinda early in Australia!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Haha yes very true. I should have posted in the jokes forum. Its kinda early in Australia!

Though, I've got 5 on Obama... Tall, skinny, black, you know he can swing. Sorry Puttin, it is what it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Man I seriously reckon Putin could take down like every world leader 1 on 1, wasn't he a kick boxer? He was also KGB and does wrestle bears...a pretty bad ass dude

new topics

top topics

join