It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd concedes defeat, Australia to have new PM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It seems I pressed the enter button at the wrong time, so i'll have to edit this, my apologies.

It's all but official down under, Kevin Rudd at this moment is giving his defeat speech. So three cheers to the new prime minister...Tony Murdoch! sorry, I mean Tony Abbot. So three cheers to the Murdoch Party!

For those who may not be down under, The Murdoch media group have a strangle hold on printed media in Australia, and are supporters of the liberal party, and it has used it's position of power to run a smear campaign against labor. It was an election by media.

And now that the libs are in, their buddies in the media can sweep everything negative under the rug. Hello Abbot, goodbye lower class.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie

So we will no longer have him doing this

And this sort of rant

edit on 7-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

and it has used it's position of power to run a smear campaign against labor. It was an election by media.

Typical labor voter, wanting to blame anyone and everyone else, instead of blaming the real problem, Rudd and labor!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Kevin Rudd inherited a 20 billion dollar surplus and in the space of 6 years turned it into a 300 billion dollar deficit
Countless failed policies and over 50000 illegal arrivals so personally im glad to see the back of him

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Typical labor voter, wanting to blame anyone and everyone else, instead of blaming the real problem, Rudd and labor!

FYI I didn't vote for either major party, And can you honestly say that News corp hasn't had a bias agenda?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

take a look at the front page of the Herald Sun for the last few days. I didn't vote for a major party but you can't pretend that the media wasn't bias as hell.

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is a sad sad day, collingwood out of the finals!!

Oops wrong topic, (joke, but so is Australian politics ) it's a sad sad day to have to accept that idiot as or next PM
. Btw voted neither major party, so I knew I'd be disappointed with the out come. Well played Murdoch, well played.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Why would the media do any favours for labour after they tried to muzzle them with failed legislation,they wrote what a lot of people thought,tonights result validated that

edit on 7-9-2013 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I agree that the media owe Labor no favours but reporters are not supposed to present any bias; it is just plain unprofessional to try to press your opinion on the greater population.

I'm not saying that Labor deserved to win, but they were certainly hindered by overly negative media

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The mad monk bit the dust

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
reply to post by Bilder

I agree that the media owe Labor no favours but reporters are not supposed to present any bias; it is just plain unprofessional to try to press your opinion on the greater population.

I'm not saying that Labor deserved to win, but they were certainly hindered by overly negative media

Roswell.

Labour were hindered by absolute incompetence on every policy they launched not to mention Krudd who thought it was all about him,what sort of respect did he have for the Australian people by announcing the election on twitter, also we don't appreciate the dirty tricks and smear tactics , it goes against the aussie sense of fair play.
You are right in a perfect world the media shouldn't be bias however after this last week of the medias "Lets bash Syria " Campaign I guess were not in a perfect world

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feelingconnected
This is a sad sad day, collingwood out of the finals!!

That's a good day for me
The Swans don't have a good record against Collingwood so Im pretty happy they are out of the picture

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Yeah, no arguments there.

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
NOW WE ARE F*****D

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Just give it a few years. The Liberals will produce a surplus and nation-build, but screw the people over in the process - who then get angry and vote Labor in. Labor will try to make everyone happy, but leave a deficit. Repeat for eternity.

Roswell.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Labour were hindered by absolute incompetence on every policy they launched not to mention Krudd who thought it was all about him,what sort of respect did he have for the Australian people by announcing the election on twitter, also we don't appreciate the dirty tricks and smear tactics , it goes against the aussie sense of fair play.

You are right in a perfect world the media shouldn't be bias however after this last week of the medias "Lets bash Syria " Campaign I guess were not in a perfect world

I agree, K. Rudd was far more interested in taking selfies with schoolkids, his ego was supposed to help labour along not hinder it. I have nothing against the Libs but in this campaign they got little or no scrutiny from the printed press, for obvious reasons. I should be surprised but I'm not.

On the other hand our PM elect referred to the Syrian war as 'goodies vs baddies'. So we had Abbot, #kevinrudd, and a twerking Clive Palmer to choose from. We got the best man for the job, but looking at the competitors that's hardly a endorsement.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We have Mr. Big Ears aka budgie smuggler.

Better than Rudd and his failures but really, it is just a slightly better man out of a useless bunch.

Both sides have there heads so far up the US butt it is sickening. Time for a flood of emails re Syria I think!

P

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilder

I agree, K. Rudd was far more interested in taking selfies with schoolkids, his ego was supposed to help labour along not hinder it. I have nothing against the Libs but in this campaign they got little or no scrutiny from the printed press, for obvious reasons. I should be surprised but I'm not.

On the other hand our PM elect referred to the Syrian war as 'goodies vs baddies'. So we had Abbot, #kevinrudd, and a twerking Clive Palmer to choose from. We got the best man for the job, but looking at the competitors that's hardly a endorsement.

best man for the Job pfffftt, I hope they knife Abbott now they have the Liberal in the door for the Prime Minster roll.
There is a reason he shut his mouth for the past few weeks, its because someones told him too so they can get party in the door.
Gate crashes will soon arrive, you watch.

As for Rudd taking selfies with school kids, what is so bad about that, least Kevin could take the time out and show some interest in our future generations. better than a PM with some rockstar ego.

edit on 7-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
No point complaining, the Australian people overwhelmingly voted Abbott in.

The Murdoch media was very much against Rudd

Murdoch's best-selling Daily Telegraph tabloid urged readers to "Kick This Mob Out" over a picture of Rudd at Parliament House.

Murdoch hated the NBN, it was competition for his media empire, anyone who doesn't admit the media was against Rudd is naive and ignorant.

Unfortunately, the damage was done a long time ago when Rudd was knifed. The people grew tired of the in fighting and the back stabbing, it wasn't Rudd they hated, it was the party.

Abbott, is bad news.
Think about this, his entire campaign he made promises that reached the moon and cost billions, but he never told the people where this money would come from. The entire campaign Rudd was telling Abbott to release his costings, to explain where the money would come from. Every day Abbott stalled, made excuses, promised the costings would be released in time..

then, with 2 days left, Abbott releases a very vague and incomplete costing and refused to answer any questions about it.

DEVIOUS
DECEITFUL
deliberately dishonest.

The people obviously didn't care enough about this obvious Abbott reality, they still voted Rudd out.

No one can complain in 3yrs when big business outsources every Australian Job.
When there are tolls on every road, when power companies are making fortunes off high bills, when basic principles like gay marriage are a dream.

In saying all this...

Abbott is not popular. Give it 12 months, when his popularity is around 25%, the Liberals could very well knife him and replace him with Turnball or Hockey.. and both of them are a breathe of fresh air!
edit on 7-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
better than a PM with some rockstar ego

You do not know much about KRudd...

www.couriermail.com.au...

Having a hissy fit because he could not find a hairdryer

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

yet another hissy fit because he could not get his vegemite sandwich

He was just a prima donna, everything had to be about Rudd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join