It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, Indonesia, Brazil, South Africa and Italy now oppose US strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Speaking at a final press conference, Putin said Russia, China, India, Indonesia, Brazil, South Africa and Italy came against military actions in Syria. The U.N. secretary-general and Pope Francis also came against the use of force against Syria, the president said, adding that the population in these Western countries were against the military operation in Syria.

www.itar-tass.com...

The enemy list of USA just more than doubled,
India, Indonesia, Brazil, South Africa and Italy now join the ranks of evil Russia, China and Iran
even Pope Francis is against US strike, imagine Pope making a speech on Syria and 1.1 billion catholic around the world protesting against Obama

edit on 7-9-2013 by kevinduhand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
nice...at least if WW 3 breaks out, i will fight on the right side

However, you make it sound like India, Indonesia, etc are now enemies of the US...they are definitely not, its just that they oppose military intervention.
edit on 6-9-2013 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Russia is not evil. Just because other countries see things different than our country does it doesn't make them evil. The evidence of the use of chemicals has been verified, but who actually has deployed them has not been proven yet. It would seem that they could track a launch of a rocket that caused these incidents, don't United States spy satellites watch this?.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Russia scored a huge public victory from this. Look at South African president's comment from the article.

Putin cited the words of the South African President, Jacob Zuma, who said many countries were feeling unprotected against such actions undertaken by stronger countries.
“Given the conditions as they, how would you convince the North Koreans, for example, to give up their nuclear program,” he said. “Just tell them to put everything into storage today and they’ll be pulled to bits tomorrow.”

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinduhand

You know it does seem like a huge percent of the world is banning together on this one; and the United States is basically standing alone.

Is the United States being circled by the majority of the rest of the world? Are they going to join solid forces against the U.S.?

Will WW3 be started if the U.S. strikes?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I've had a bad and growing feeling for a good 5-6 years now that there has been a loose, unofficial and nearly unspoken but very much acknowledged coalition building against us. Some nations we see and they are obvious. Some, I have a sense, we do not see and may be shocked deeply if circumstances force everything to that kind of head at some point.

The world has been tolerant. Afghanistan was a gimmie and no one said a word. I honestly don't recall much of anyone, anywhere, raising a voice. If they were against it, they knew the Eagle was out for blood and didn't want to draw it's eye. What a different world that was in many ways and so recently, too. Iraq had more protests from around the world....and who can forget Freedom Fries? Cute one on that.....and notable how much of the world joined loosely in the ridicule at that stage of things.

Now? Well, I fear we've taken everything one step beyond the world's tolerance and one play past prudent or intelligent and on more than one level. The past two days events have shown we aren't just in an uncertain position but a precarious and possibly even dangerous one. I hope our leaders and those around them do what's needed for the interests of the nation first, last and always.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If there is a US strike on Syria you may very well see the entire world retaliate by dumping the dollar.

Watch...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Yeah but we dont want war in our region--what happens when the US start breaking up the archipelago to get their hands on Timor gap oil?. What will happen will be too many civilians killed by the US war machine. I think its great that Indo has taken a stand against the US, but I dont want our seas to be the battle-ground for someone elses war.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think you guys really need to start to understand international politics. A nation that does not activily support a US strike does not mean they care or are going to anything about it. For the most part they are nations that never a play a role in international events no matter if they are UN approved or not. What is important is what the nations in that region support because it is their part of the world. Anybody want to take a wild guess on what the nations that are actually in same part of the world as Syria think? It is pretty much the opposite of countries like Brazil and India that are not affected one way or the other.

top topics

join