It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, from the inside ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My neighbour is Syrian.

Well, he grew up in Syria, but as of August 2012 is now an Australian citizen.

We often speak about the troubles that Syria is facing.

His mother is still living in Damascus. He left 2 weeks ago to visit her, but once in Dubai, she called him and told him to go back to Australia. She was worried that the airports would be closed, and he'd have no way of coming back.

So, he is back in Australia, but talks to her every day on his computer.

I just want to relay to you all, my ATS friends, a few things that she has told him about daily life in Damascus.

Firstly, she says that the Government is doing a very good job at looking after its people.

Since the rebels started escalating attacks, the Government has placed checkpoints on every street corner.
There is heightened security everywhere.

Does this sound like a Government that doesn't care?

His mother and her household, along with most households in Damascus, have been issued with Kalashnikov rifles by the Government. This is a very important measure, as the Government knows just how bad the rebels are getting.

Does this sound like a Government that doesn't care?

We all know that we in the west are being fed so many lies and half-truths about Syria, so I thought I'd just give you the (little) information that I have from people on the inside.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to discuss.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Thank you very much for posting this...I would be interested to know what your friend's mother thinks about the chemical weapons 'incident'....(a chemical weapons attack was perpetrated against civilians, including women and children).

We are being told it was the government, yet the russians say it was the rebels...No one disputes that it happened, just who is guilty of the crime...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Tell your neighbor that "WE" the REAL American people are sorry for what is about to happen! We have been calling, emailing, etc our government officials and telling them NOT to attack!!

This will fall on deaf ears and we apologize for what our corrupted, diseased system is about to jump into!!

But to answer your questions, NO this does not sound like a government who does not care about it's people! Sounds familiar to the US citizens that have seen this garbage happen before also!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostgirl

Thank you very much for posting this...I would be interested to know what your friend's mother thinks about the chemical weapons 'incident'....(a chemical weapons attack was perpetrated against civilians, including women and children).

We are being told it was the government, yet the russians say it was the rebels...No one disputes that it happened, just who is guilty of the crime...

She has stated (according to my friend) that all of Syria know that it was the rebels.

Also, Assad is being backed 100%, as he embodies the pride of the nation.

Also, that explosion that happened a few weeks back (that was so big it made the news) was apparently very reminiscent of a nuclear explosion.

She said it made the whole city shake.

I'm happy to have a friend that can offer me his mother's perspectives.

I just hope she stays safe when the wolves come.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

We have been calling, emailing, etc our government officials and telling them NOT to attack!!

This will fall on deaf ears ...

Unfortunately, it's like this all around the world.

The television show that's coming will have the biggest special effects ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This doesn't bode well for western forces that might have to go into Syria to "secure" any chemical/biological weapons. If the entire population is armed, and most support the government, it will be a very, very sticky situation.

Imagine not knowing if the people shooting at you are rebels or pro-government Syrian nationals.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised...the Government has placed checkpoints on every street corner.
There is heightened security everywhere. Does this sound like a Government that doesn't care?

...households in Damascus, have been issued with Kalashnikov rifles by the Government. Does this sound like a Government that doesn't care?

No question our government is lying to us. They always do. Every player has their own motives and agenda, twisting the 'facts' to suit those. Personally, I sympathize with the Syrian people. But there are many Syrians (mostly refugee's and expats now) that have a very different view of the Syrian government.

For example, establishing checkpoints and arming the citizenry can be viewed just as easily as a strategy by the government to protect their own behinds. The first casualty in this --- and most every other conflict --- is the truth and objectivity. There's just no way to know what the 'truth' really is.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I second what Chris the second poster on this thread stated.

I am so sorry.
Please stay safe and my prayers are with you~

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can confirm everything the OP has stated...I have aunts, uncles and cousins that live in Banias which is a Christian city... Over a million Christians live in Syria and they live side by side with Muslims and have been for centuries. They all support president Assad...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Over a million Christians live in Syria and they live side by side with Muslims and have been for centuries. They all support president Assad...

Very, very true,

The basic rule of thumb in Syria is "Leave your religion to yourself, and we are all friends."

It is the extremist maniacs that came and began to cause trouble.
Both the Christians and the Muslims are victims.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
I can confirm everything the OP has stated...I have aunts, uncles and cousins that live in [color=salmon] Banias which is a Christian city... Over a million Christians live in Syria and they live side by side with Muslims and have been for centuries. [color=gold] They all support president Assad...

They all support Assad, except for the dead ones.
Right?
You meant to say, except for the ones already executed.
Didn't you?

Mike

edit on 5-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
[SNIP]

What?
Actual footage of the atrocities
[SNIP]

Mike

edit on 9/5/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod edit: Removed off topic comments.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Someone just post a photo evidences contrary to the OP and people starts bashing him? I wonder now who is telling the truth...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba
Someone just post a photo evidences contrary to the OP and people starts bashing him? I wonder now who is telling the truth...

TRUTH?? You agree with what the MSM posts instead of actual people?? Who is the sheeple now??

Go troll elsewhere

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Jeez, that's a bit harsh. Just stating my opinion now make one a troll. Guess i better be one then than be a sheeple on the other side of the fence if that's what it takes for me to ferret out the truth. Your action though don't help your case for me and others who are like me who are not on either side.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join