It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Al Qaeda linked rebels target Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So these are the groups the US is supporting. Good job team USA ...good job.

Residents of a Christian village in western Syria have taken shelter in a convent as it was bombarded by al Qaeda-linked rebels.
The rebel fighters stormed a hotel atop a mountain overlooking Maaloula to carry out the attack, said a nun, speaking on condition of anonymity from a convent in the village.
"It's a war. It has been going from 6am in the morning," she said.
Some 80 people took refuge in the convent, which houses 13 nuns and 27 orphans.
The dawn assault was carried out by rebels from the al Qaeda-linked Jabhat al Nusra group, according to a government official and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based opposition monitoring group.
p.

Assad is far from perfect but at least the state was secular allowing all peoples to live together.
If the USA and others get their way the whole state will be Sunni . A Jihadists dream.
If the West dont like the new leader and he doesnt play ball then he will just be overthrown.
When will people wake up and see the pattern

Link
edit on 5-9-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Yup.

In a country where prior to the invasion by the Al-CIAeda rebels, all religious groups lived in peace. But wait, I thought Syria under Assad was evil?

The false flag chemical attack wasnt enough to get people outraged, so they've moved onto plan B: trying killing some Christians.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Yup.

In a country where prior to the invasion by the Al-CIAeda rebels, all religious groups lived in peace. But wait, I thought Syria under Assad was evil?

The false flag chemical attack wasnt enough to get people outraged, so they've moved onto plan B: trying killing some Christians.

Your second line says a lot.
There are even Jews living in Damascus, not a lot of them, but they are there and free to be who they are.
Somehow, I don't think that the rebels would be okay with that.
When I watched the video of those 'rebels' cutting the heads off of defenseless people with their hands tied behind their backs, I knew that they were a bloodthirsty crew that NO ONE should support.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
And just think of all the good Christians in our government that wants to help Al Qaeda kill other Christians. Maybe it's time to get these people a bible.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I don't believe individuals with high ethical, moral, or religious standards pursue government offices. At least not in America. It seems to attract quite the opposite types of people.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And just think of all the good Christians in our government that wants to help Al Qaeda kill other Christians. Maybe it's time to get these people a bible.

'Good Christians'? In our government?
They might say that they are good Christians, but that doesn't make it so.
They are evil, IMO. Anyone that supports those 'rebels' are supporting evil.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just saw this story on my news app. I can't believe this is the group of people the US is working with sending millions of dollars to and plans to fight along side of .......... especially with the anniversary of 9-11 coming up!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The protests against Assads rule probably started off with good intentions. More than likely started with students wanting a change. However more and more people saw a chance to take power. Now we are left with West supported Jihadist Sunni fighters who want an extreme Muslim state not what is best for the country. These "people" (term used loesly) have no respect for human life and certainly wouldnt think twice about killing their own to further their cause. They are totally brainwashed beyond rehablitation .
From what I gather a large percentage are not even Syrian. These are the people the US Government want to support against the peoples will. Luckily the UK voted and said no or I am sure we would already be fighting a war.

If enough people say no and protest maybe they can persuade them not to intervene .Not holding my breath though

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I just saw this story on my news app. I can't believe this is the group of people the US is working with sending millions of dollars to and plans to fight along side of .......... especially with the anniversary of 9-11 coming up!!!

Yes, I think that it is as if FDR would have asked for the Congress' permission to bomb China, in order to assist the Japanese after they bombed Pearl Harbor.

Insanity, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sadly when it comes to the profiteers of war, it has nothing to do with liberations and human rights, once the country is invaded and only the propaganda crap that is feed to the nation paying for the liberation

US record shows that the countries in the middle east that it has help liberate with government change are now full with factions groups of Islamic extremist and the people are not better or living better than they did before that regime change and they are been targeted for the only reason of no following the ways of the terrorist taking over their countries.

And guess what people they don't give a crap about it either.

Saudi Arabia is nothing but a feudal monarchy with clear denigration of women, but they are the one of those promoting regime changes.

People needs to open their eyes and understand that all this regime changes and invasions attacks and disintegration of the way of life of countries that are not "friendly" to the profiteers and private interest of the US are been broken down now full of terrorist groups and terrorist camps and our nation is supporting all this with our tax payer dollars.

What happen to all the Americans that died in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting the same terrorist that now our government is supporting

This is a shame and a slap in the face of any American in this nation be civilian and military.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The protest were supported by outsiders under the pay roll of those that wanted to star a coup in Syria, is been going on for years until finally the foreign supporters infiltrators were able to fill the country with factions groups.

Only steady supply of money can make the damage that has been done in Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was interesting when Kerry was asked during congressional questioning if he was sure the people we would be arming were trustworthy. Kerry couldnt answer. Why the #%** would you arm a group you did not intimately understand?

Too late now. We meddled and have contributed to deaths more than our government will ever admit to. Is it more than 1400? Probably.

top topics

join