It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Playing Video Poker During Senate Hearings on Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't know if this deserves it's own thread or not ... but I thought it should be spotlighted ...

Photo - John McCain Playing VIdeo Poker During Senate Hearings on Syria

:shk:

Is this arrogant or what?? The hearings are serious. We are talking about WAR. In fact, we are talking about what could lead to World War III .. considering the players involved in all this. This behavior is seriously obnoxious. And it tells me that the outcome has already been decided. That this 'go to congress' is just a show. Obama is going to go in anyways.

I have to confess. Back in 2000 I kinda liked McCain. Well .. I liked him better than George Bush43 anyways. And I admired his service to this country during Vietnam. He endured being a POW for many years and that is no picnic. But now I just want him to go home and shut the hell up. He's doing more harm to this country than good and he's used up his 'POW-CAPITAL-CREDIT' as far as I'm concerned.

Senior senator ... former Republican nominee for POTUS .... playing VIDEO POKER during senate war hearings. OH ... MY ..... GOD!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can the US politicians go one decade War free or is the habit too hard to kick.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I Agree that the meeting was serious well not really in all honesty if they don't get congressional approval ,The Administration will do it anyway....

As for playing poker on his phone, it was a 3 hour session, He had made his statement , so why not play, it made no difference what the other senate members where saying really .

Welcome to the World of Public Theatre
Riouz
edit on 4-9-2013 by Riouz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

Isn't online gambling illegal in the states ?? I remember the FBI raining down shi*storm on some poker sites like FULL Tilt for allowing US citizens to connect and play poker?

So I'm guessing...he's playing "free poker"...

I wonder if I can play poker at work while I'm waiting for other colleagues top finish their work....probably not...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riouz
As for playing poker on his phone, it was a 3 hour session, He had made his statement , so why not play, it made no difference what the other senate members where saying really .

1 - it was rude. They are supposed to listen to each other and give them the courtesy of paying attention.

2 - He could actually learn something if he listened. People ask questions and answers are given.
He isn't the king of the hill. And even if he was, he could get things wrong. A SMART person would
listen and weigh everything. Obviously he isn't that smart ....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
To be fair, he had already made his mind up, regardless of whatever was said, he was still wanting to go to war
2nd

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
To be fair, he had already made his mind up, regardless of whatever was said, he was still wanting to go to war
2nd

you're supposed to be at least faking to listen to the other guys. Otherwise...what is the point, if everybody only pays attention to their own speech. Nobody would listen to nobody else...

I guess this is inline with modern governments...only pretend to be interested in a democratic way of doing things...after that...you just do it the way you want to, when no one is looking.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Where does it state in the Senators Handbook that you have to listen ??
Or Since when do Senators Listen if its against their own agenda ???
John McCain made his statement and no matter what anybody in that room said he will give his vote to the president.

So why not play a bit of Texas Hold Em

Riouz

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

where does it say in my work contract that I have to pay attention to my boss speaking. Literally...nowhere...but it's an ethical thing...which then in turn...absolutely absolves McCain...last time he dabbled in ethics...was in high school.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You don't have to listen to your Boss and that is not Ethics , that is your own personal Choice...

I wonder if he had a Royal Flush ......

Riouz

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

John McCain made his statement and no matter what anybody in that room said he will give his vote to the president.

So why not play a bit of Texas Hold Em

Riouz

Seeing how what they were talking about could lead to the deaths of who knows how many people he should be listening to every word spoken it's his job. But then again being the son of a traitor like McCain he could care less what effect this could have on America. Maybe after the strike he can go back over there and pal around with his little terrorist buddies again.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
yeah seems perfectly acceptable to play video games and then
make a snarky tweet about it when lives are literally on the line,
they really don't care, this is just insulting.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You don't have to listen to your Boss and that is not Ethics , that is your own personal Choice...

I wonder if he had a Royal Flush ......

Riouz

If you want to keep you job you really should listen to your boss.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
As an admirer of Senator McCain and of poker - I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Do we know that this wasn't during a break or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Seeing how what they were talking about could lead to the deaths of who knows how many people he should be listening to every word spoken it's his job.

I don't often quote buster and highly recommend that people listen to him ... but I sure am in this case! This is a matter that could lead us into World War III. The players here are major. People's lives are on the line .. American lives, Syrian lives, and a whole lot of other lives.

Not only was it highly RUDE of McCain to disrespect the senators and congressmen who were present and speaking, it was ARROGANT and it was DEADLY. Yes ... deadly. Someone with an opposing opinion or opposing facts could have something extremely important to say ... but McCain was too busy playing video poker to hear it.

The stakes are extremely high. Considering the amount of pay this man is getting, he should be doing his job ... paying attention .... and making the best decisions.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Like I keep saying He has made his mind up that he will give his vote to the administration no matter what any of the other Senators said .

They are not voting for an Act Of War so no matter even if congress says no , the president will Authorise the military anyway.

I am just wondering if that poker app is given to all serving members of the senate anyway as a profession app anyway

I mean Learn how to use Your Poker Face
Know when someone is giving a Tell
Know when to raise the stakes
Know when to bluff
and last Know when to fold take the money and run....
Riouz

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
McCain:"Dame that player #4, he got me good!"

Speaker: So what say you?

McCain: "Yes, yes i agree..to whatever. *back to gaming*"

Ban Video Games, they cause war.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Listen? They don't even read the blasted bills.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Listen? They don't even read the blasted bills.

Seriously. I don't know if I'm
or

I'm thinking it's both.
I'm just glad that this was picked up by the media.
I hope to see it on the MSM ....

it's insane. lives are on the line. he should be listening ....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama... Kerry... McCain...

Why are the most ignorant players in this scenario people who our own parties have, at one time, chosen to win our primaries and run for president?

Remember: somebody, somewhere, decided that these people could have the green light for running our nation. Just something to think about.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Cuervo because: spellin' schmellin'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join