It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Most Brutal Storms Captured By Photographer....AMAZING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE a good storm. The more lightening and thunder the better. I have not seen any storm clouds like in these pictures and if I had I would definitely be taking pics. I do live in FL and at one time it was the lightening capital of the world esp on the west coast. They have some awesome storms over there and the lightening is definitely mind blowing!

These are the breath-taking images of super storms taken by possibly the luckiest photographer alive.
Lightning-lover Marko Korosec, 31, risks his life as he captures photos and video of some of the world's most brutal storms.
Based in Slovenia, the daredevil photographer has narrowly avoided being zapped by lightning countless times and come close enough to be knocked a bolts 'shockwave'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He is definitely the luckiest photographer in my eyes! I'd love to see such storms in person.

I became completely fascinated by lightening as a kid when a lightening bolt came thru the window and past my head and hit the lamp in the corner. I was sitting on the couch and it was raining and storming out. My mom had the windows open. We had a screened in porch and well somehow a lightening bolt came thru both screens and hit the lamp. It was NUTS and made my hair stand up as well as my aunt who was sitting next to me. Ever since then I've been drawn to lightening. I mean who would think it would have come thru two sets of screens?! It was scary but fascinating at the same time esp as a kid.

I use to live on the 6th floor (Penthouse) of a condo and I'd sit out there during storms and take pics of lightening and film the storms as they came in from the west. Those were always the best! I never really shared any because the pics and vids didn't turn out well on a cell phone. They just didn't do the actual event any justice. I have seen purple/pink lightening that is just beautiful, probably my favorite kind!

Here is more from the article.

Mr Korosec said: 'The scariest moment so far was when I was intercepting a massive hail storm in Montana.
'The road network was deadly and we couldn't escape and got caught by the intense hail and winds.
'Baseball-sized hail and flying debris started to bombard our car, it was terrifying, the terrible sound of the hail slamming into the car was so loud we couldn't even hear each other talk.

I can only imagine!! I had a similar experience with hail and wind but no baseball sized hail! I did get stuck in my car once during a sudden afternoon hail storm and down pour. My car stalled out in a huge puddle of water at an intersection that was really low so the water when it rained esp poured would come up to the side of your door if you had a lower car. I remember hitting that area and my car stalling out. I managed to maneuver myself in between a pole and another car. I sat there til the storm passed. It started to hail and that is a scary thing being stuck in your car during a hail storm. It was soooo windy and I swear I thought it was going to blow my little car away. The storm lasted about 20 mins then it was blue skies. This happens a lot here in FL, sudden afternoon down pours and storms.

Some more thoughts from the photographer: Oh how i envy him!

'I believe that through chasing and researching them in the field I can help others to be safer during deadly storms.
'I've been close to lightning strikes several times, especially when observing them over open fields or when I'm on the cliffs above the coastal areas.
'It's quite an interesting feeling when lightning hits next to you and you can feel the sound wave hitting your body.'
Mr Korosec uses his crucial footage from a unique ground perspective to help assist meteorologists and fellow storm chasers.
Thankfully Mr Korosec, who began taking photos of extreme weather in 1998, has learned the traits of the savage storms he chases so that he now claims he can follow them in the safest way possible.

I think it's great what he is doing. What an awesome job or hobby to have!

Now for the good part. Pictures!!

More pics here:
source

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Beautiful display of release of natures love to the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
yes now. that's some awesome #. What a job that guy has.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There are alot of his pictures on display around the 'net.

Seeing the immense, raw power of our own Earth makes me a humble man. We humans have no clue how to harness that kind of energy but we think we are so intelligent. So in order to create something close, we literally try to destroy the Earth itself in a nuclear firestorm. Thank God those days of testing nukes are over...

I often wonder what the storms on Jupiter look like.
Would be this photographers wet dream, I'm sure.

Excellent find, Mblah.

edit on 4-9-2013 by havok because: grammer

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh WOW, he does amazing work! Great find, OP!

I live on the FL west coast (Tampa Bay area) so I do know all about our awesome storms
I've always been fascinated by lightning, and I'm not sure when that started. I do remember 2 of my fondest "little too close" moments, though. I was living in a second floor apartment some years ago, and it was storming ferociously (more than usual, that is) I opened the door to the porch, and stuck my head outside to just listen to the defending rain & thunder, and a bolt zipped by. It couldn't have been more than 20 or 30 feet away, and the scent was so strong. I acted on autopilot, man. Slammed that door and slapped my hands over my ears (a little too late to block the boom, lol) almost as quick as that lightning moved

Another time was at a small venue concert outdoors. It wasn't a big crowd kind of thing, there were maybe 200 people that showed up. We'd gone a few hours before the concert started basically because we didn't have anything better to do. I noticed that rain scent in the air about 2 hours prior to actual rain, and I kept saying "It's going to get rained out, I can smell it building." No one believed me, until it actually started raining. About 3/4 of the crowd gave up & left, and the rest of us were huddled under the umbrellas and awnings. This was right next to a thoroughfare, so there were directional overhead signs not too far away, maybe 100 feet from us. While we were waiting for the rain to pass, the storm kept getting more & more violent. Stupid music fans we all were, we stayed under these umbrellas & awnings in well over ankle deep water reassuring ourselves "It'll pass soon!" Lightning struck the directional sign closest to us, and everyone's pants were figuratively soiled.
That prompted about half of them to leave, and the rest of us decided it would be wiser to go inside the building instead of huddling outside it. We stuck out the storm, and the group did, too. In the end, 25 people out of 200 walked away with good memories of stupidly standing in water in a lightning storm, then the reward of an intimate indie rock performance

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

havok
There are alot of his pictures on display around the 'net.

Will be googling his name then!

Seeing the immense, raw power of our own Earth makes me a humble man. We humans have no clue how to harness that kind of energy but we think we are so intelligent. So in order to create something close, we literally try to destroy the Earth itself in a nuclear firestorm. Thank God those days of testing nukes are over...

Mother Nature is a powerful force!! Whenever I see storms like this I am always awe struck at how cool our planet is. If only people enjoyed it more instead of destroying it for profit, we might just have a chance to live a peaceful existence....but what do I know.

I often wonder what the storms on Jupiter look like.
Would be this photographers wet dream, I'm sure.

Oh for sure! I am sure they make ours look like tiny little rain storms.

Excellent find, Mblah.

Why thanks.

edit on 4-9-2013 by havok because: grammer

new topics

top topics

join