It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia says ballistic 'objects' fired in Mediterranean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've got a pretty bad feeling we might all see some seriously horrific event occur very soon.

Of course I have no idea where when and what... Buuuut, this is really quite worrying. I hope I'm wrong.
I was certain this whole things was going to blow over

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Seems to be just a provocation, yes. So it was launched by an Israeli ship? I don't know much about Israel's naval force..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
look at that! they say it just target practice..
is one nation do *practice before war???

this is nonsense!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Just some articles to mull over and consider in light of this event.

Obama hesitation on Syria could prompt Israeli attack on Iran
www.abc.net.au...

Report: Iran Thinks Israel is Close to Striking It
www.israelnationalnews.com...-dx8E

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I agree......

Feel/Fear for a false flag "terror" attack hitting the US so that Bummer can push his agenda to go into yet another war.

Did anyone else see the constant banter last night about why it's so important for us to go after assad? Talk about trying to brain wash the ppl into believing in something that we should not.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I agree that this is an attempt at provocation.

Fairly amateurish attempt as it goes though, not particularly sophisticated which tells me, the 'interested parties' are losing the propaganda war and are getting increasingly desparate because they know the impetus for war in the minds of us ordinary people hasn't materialised.

I too think these missiles were deliberately fired in an attempt to provoke a responce from Syria, when the Syrians kept their cool and a counter-attack didn't happen, the missiles' kill switch was activated and they dropped into the sea.

In their blind lust for war and control in the region, i seriously don't think the ptb actually realise just how serious this situation is.

To try this sort of tactic given the international tensions, just to illicit a Syrian responce is insanely dangerous.

Imagine if it had been the other way around? If Syria had launched two missiles towards Israel or the ships in anchor?

There would have been hell to pay.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
check this out

Israeli authorities pointed out that they tested an “anchor” target missile used to check how well the anti-missile system known as "Arrow-2" functions.

to check how well

What a childish statment !!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Russia raises alarm over Israeli missile test in Mediterranean (Reuters)

Haaretz

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hopefully this will wake some people up to the sort of characters running the Israeli govt,it clearly shows how far they are willing to go to get the ball rolling

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Hopefully this will wake some people up to the sort of characters running the Israeli govt,it clearly shows how far they are willing to go to get the ball rolling

If they wanted to get the ball rolling they would and nobody would be able to do anything about it. Lets quit kidding outselves that Israel has ever been anything but direct. They can wipe the floor with entire region just chose to not to. Of course the fact they have done it a half dozen times already means everybody has learned that lesson the hard way. Of course an expanded conflict in Syria is not their best interest, they would have prefered the days of Assad who feared them enough he would rather go on killing his own people mess with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"Target Practice"

Wow, what an insanely stupid idea with obviously a hidden agenda.

Isreal has certainly been quiet until now, as has China, although they have less strategic interests in Syria and the conflict, China and Russia are almost always in unison via vetoing the US/UK led security council resolutions in recent times.

Isn't it strange how the supposed "routine rotation" of warships seems to coincide with conflict and political problems, the increasing friction between Spain and the UK/Gibraltar, we sent some ships right at the time it heightened on "routine, pre-planned deployment". Russia is sending a Battleship and anti sub to the Med right now on a "routine, pre-planned deployment".

I really don't know what's going to happen, UK MP's have insisted they will not ask parliament again about entering the Syrian conflict, but will they stick to that word? Turkey and France have both said they will act even without UN approval, as has America before the announcement of going to Congress, will Obama act even if he doesn't get approval? I think he will, I also don't think he will be defeated, too much going on behind closed doors.

Will Russia actually end up defending Syria and retaliate? I really don't know, I think many people underestimate Russia and how the world tables have turned in power towards Russia and China daily, whilst the US and Europe weaken daily.

Will it be WW3? That I actually don't think will happen, I don't believe that anyone but a rogue state would actually fire a nuclear missile, as crazy as the powers that be are, I wonder if they are stupid enough to go for Mutual assured destruction.

I think we will know by next week how this will play out.

edit on 3/9/13 by Concept X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong....but aren't you under international law, maritime or otherwise, supposed to report/announce that you are carrying out a 'practice' firing of missiles before you launch?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You really thought it was going to blow over? This is happening. Even if Congress were to say no, its happening.

You are right though, something bad will happen. Syria has friends, they have decent weapons systems, and they have considerable local targets. If they strike back at US ships or even worse Israel, there will be a mess. A lot of Syrian civilians. There may be a tragedy anyway. Also if we accidentally (or more likely Israel intentionally) hit and kill rebels we may have real problems.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yes.. Israel will strike soon. Ben came out with his little clipart bomb 8 months ago saying Iran would have the bomb within a year. Seeing as he has been saying that for years, but pushed it hard this year, Israel will have to move soon or give it up. They aren't giving it up.

Syria and Iran might end up overlapping, if not merging into a huge mess and sparking ww3. Russia won't get involved for Syria.. but they will for Iran. They're seeming activation isn't because of Syria, its in preperation for Iran. Things will get messy expect it
edit on 3-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Now Israel and Usa Break Apart..

11:30 GMT: The US Navy did not fire any missiles from ships in the Mediterranean, according to a spokesman for the US Navy’s European headquarters.

“No missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Mediterranean,” the spokesman said.

10:58 GMT: Israel claimed a joint missile launch with the US in the Mediterranean Sea. The Israeli Defense Ministry spokesmen told journalists that they tested an “anchor” target missile used to check how well the anti-missile system known as "Arrow-2" functions. The launch took place at 06:15 GMT, the ministry spokesmen added.

rt.com...

israel say with Usa..Usa say No!.. what?? funny eh??

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Someone please answer me this: WHY why would Israel test an anti missile system, that is supposed to track and kill targets traveling at great speeds, at an anchored target?"

I contend that this was solely Israel (explaining why they claim joint op with us and the US claims no knowledge) attempting to provoke a reaction from Syria that would justify retaliation AND let Obama move in faster.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

MysterX

Originally posted by Hellas

BREAKING: Israel claims its responsibility for launch of test rocket in the Mediterranean

RT

If nothing else, it proves you can't trust anything any of these people say.

Israel; NO we don't know anything about two missiles being launched.

USA; NO we don't know anything about these objects.

Israel; Yes, it was Israel and the US who launched the missiles for 'target practice'. (if you don't know how to aim your missiles by now guys, you're gonna be in trouble)

So there we have it...lies, and bloody lies again.

Now, put two and two together and you'll have your answer as the the responsible party(s) for the Chemical Weapons attack against the Syrian people.

I've been barking about these pricks for weeks now.

BiBi and his Zionist scum-bum-buddies are getting desperate for Syrian Regime change and they want Iran to strike first..............mark my words.

Keep your eye on the ball peeps - deception is the art of war

Good pick up to Hellas and you for this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Indeed, sadly for them Syria did not take the bait, but we can be sure they will keep trying and provoking.
To test an anti missile system on a static target is just laughable to use as an excuse

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

No.. this was provocation. Sure they could be direct, but not pre emptively. It would have the international community furious. So provoke, get a retaliation, and then you can justify a strike and justify the US entering. If they went for it themselves and gave a heads up they couldn't bring the US in.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by cheesy

Someone please answer me this: WHY why would Israel test an anti missile system, that is supposed to track and kill targets traveling at great speeds, at an anchored target?"

I contend that this was solely Israel (explaining why they claim joint op with us and the US claims no knowledge) attempting to provoke a reaction from Syria that would justify retaliation AND let Obama move in faster.

Yes yes! Two Tumbs up! its a depp question!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join