It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia says ballistic 'objects' fired in Mediterranean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

What does that mean?
Was it incorrect info? Or does that mean they were taken down and thus didn't explode?

Also can anyone say if this has anything to do with the reports that Syria shot down a US jet and also 4 cruise missiles that dropped a few minutes ago? I found that to be very unlikely, but it was posted minutes before the Russian articles saying 2 ballistic missiles were noted (and possibly brought down).

link   
*shakes head at the futility of war*

I trust and rely on the military, but what scares me is the idiot civilian leadership.

link   
Lol can you imagine, a commander on the USS Nimwit standing there in his golf shoes shooting some ball's out in the Ocean.

*Russian blabber " err we got TWO unidentified projectiles heading landwards* LOL.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I wish some countries would stop exporting to us.. maybe some jobs would come back and people would start buying locally.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
When i see something like this on the news, the first place i then check is BAN if there is nothing in BAN then i post it in the BAN forum.

I dont know why other members don't do this, thats what BAN is for.

sorry for my little rant.

Moving on....

this is undoubtedly very interesting, I have just heard a line that Israel have denied that they have launched any Missiles or detected any and other than these reports there does not seem to be any other kind of hostile action.

So conflicting reports.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
If they were going towards Syria there might be an issue, since this would indicate an act of war, too. Syria wont wait for a missile to actually HIT a target.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Breaking News: Ballistic ‘objects’ detected by Russian radar fell into sea: RIA news agency

What to make out of this??

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well maybe Russia is just as sick and tired of the false flags and lies as we are, and has decided "Screw it. They want to play games, tear down regimes, and frame people? Well we can do the same."

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by cheesy

Nah mate, it'l need more then that to really start something. Now say if a ship got attacked, that would be a game changer.

You Know What Different between Rocket and Balistic Missile?
Balistic Is BIG MAN!
Like This!

ist something BIG!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Problem is, your assuming Russia is better then the US, As much as I hate myself for agreeing with Putin's/Russia stance towards certain conflicts, one most never forget that Putin is evil.

Georgia/ Kossovo...
Ex KGB.

Both leaders are psychopaths/sociopaths. on their own level.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I trust Israel's gov about as far as I can throw them. I wouldn't be surprised if they launched a strike, and I wouldn't be surprised if they launched something that didn't strike just to try to provoke a reaction.

Launch something off target, Syria sees it and launches an attack, Israel uses the retaliation as justification to raise hell.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Update from RT page:

No American ships or planes stationed in the Mediterranean have launched any missiles, US officials told CBS News.

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ok now msm is reporting the same thing. Could it be one of those Israeli subs trying to spark a bit of retaliation.Can someone show a link for the news on the raptor getting shot down.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I mean seriously now, what friggin bonehead would order two ballistic rockets launched in the Med at a time like this with all those opposing forces there- KNOWING they'd be picked up on radar? If they were headed eastward towards the Syrian coast, it was either US or Israeli forces no doubt.

Yup. Boneheads.

FFS.

:shk:
edit on Tue Sep 3rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Ok now msm is reporting the same thing. Could it be one of those Israeli subs trying to spark a bit of retaliation.Can someone show a link for the news on the raptor getting shot down.

The Israeli's have said its not one of theirs and that they did not detect any launch

There is a thread on the F-22 but so far nothing had been confirmed about a F-22 shoot down (where is zap when you need him eh?)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Two ballistic "objects" that Russia said were launched toward the eastern coast of the Mediterranean on Tuesday fell into the sea, state-run Russian news agency RIA cited a source in Damascus as saying. Earlier, the state-run news agency RIA quoted the Defense Ministry as saying that Russian radars detected two ballistic "objects" that were fired towards the eastern Mediterranean from the central part of the sea. The Defense Ministry declined immediate comment to Reuters. A ministry official had earlier criticized the United States for deploying warships in the Mediterranean close to Syria. Shortly after the Russian Embassy in Syria said there were no signs of a missile attack or explosions in Damascus, Itar-Tass news agency said. Israel also said on Tuesday it was unaware of any ballistic missile launch being conducted in the eastern Mediterranean. "We are not aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred," a military spokeswoman in Jerusalem said after a Russian news agency reported the launch of two ballistic "objects" from the central part of the sea eastward.

www.lbcgroup.tv...

Did "it" just hit the fan...? *Starts a pot of coffee*

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
On the plus side it's all good for tha Market....

Emerging Stocks Erase Gains After Missile Report; Lira Tumbles

Emerging Stocks Erase Gains After Missile Report; Lira Tumbles By Maria Levitov - Sep 3, 2013 2:43 AM PT Facebook Share Tweet LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments Print QUEUE Q Emerging-market stocks erased gains with India and Turkey leading losses after RIA Novosti reported the detection of a missile launch in the Mediterranean. Turkey’s lira tumbled and the shekel weakened. Akbank TAS, the Turkish lender part-owned by Citigroup Inc., fell 2 percent, as Turkey’s Borsa Istanbul National 100 Index slid 1.2 percent. India’s S&P BSE Sensex index dropped 4 percent. Russia’s Micex Index added 0.3 percent as crude price rose 0.5 percent. The Shanghai Composite Index rose 1.2 after Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said he’s confident the country will meet this year’s economic goals.

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index fell 0.1 percent to 937.31 as of 10:40 a.m. in London, its first loss in four days. Russia’s missile tracking system detected the launch of two ballistic rockets in the central Mediterranean, heading toward targets in eastern Mediterranean, Russia’s state-run RIA Novosti reported, citing Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. “The missile spooked the market,” Michael Ganske, head of emerging markets at Rogge Global Partners Plc in London, said by e-mail. “It’s a good indication of what we have to expect in the coming month: a very nervous market.”

My Head Hurtz WTF is going on in the world right now

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 3-9-2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Could you elaborate, what does this mean then?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Well.. there you go. See where those gains are made and buy in because you just got a taste of what will happen when the actual war starts. Whoever gained on news of these missile launches.. they are going to make crazy gains when the actual war kicks off.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Who ever is responsible for the launch, they're obviously adding fuel to a flame that's already growing increasingly larger by the day.

Possibly war drills, but no one's going to own up to it at this point in time.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join