It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Hammered By Extreme Hot Weather, 87 Died !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Approximately 54 thousand in hospitalized after extreme heat conditions

Temperature in western Japan reported the hottest on record in its history. Disaster management authority said 54 thousand people hospitalized after hitting extreme heat conditions. As many as 87 of them have died.

Reported phys.org, Tuesday, September 3, 2013, the Japan Meteorological Agency said the average temperature from June to August 1.2 degrees Celsius higher than the average temperature of the season. Recorded on 12 August, temperatures in the western part of Kochi city hit a record high, 41 degrees Celsius.

The temperature broke the previous record for the hottest temperature of 40.9 degrees Celsius in the middle of the two Japanese cities in August 2007.

In fact, in some parts of Japan, during one week in August, for three consecutive days recorded temperature over 40 degrees Celsius.

According to records, in the last three months, nearly 54,000 people were rushed to the hospital due to extreme heat. Fire and Disaster Management Agency Japan reported 87 people died.

Western Japan region is the center of business in Osaka and the ancient city of Kyoto, Kyushu and Shikoku. The latter two are the third and fourth largest island in Japan.

hope this heat wave end..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Link?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Being familiar with hot weather here in Aus, I can't imagine it being crammed into a city like tokyo for example, people on top of people! The number of people hospitalised is staggering too! How can they cope with a sudden load like that! Fingers crossed it ends soon, unfortunately it always seems to be the elderly that don't survive heat waves well.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Link?

please look at in the thread sir, its phys.org..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Western Japan records hottest summer ever
phys.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

thanks, and OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I've sweltered through 42c + days in Western Australia, I remember sitting in Japan in the middle of August in 2008 and the heat was ruthless. It wasn't anywhere near 42c, but the thickness of it and the humidity wasted me. First and only time I've had to walk around with a towel around my neck.

People say, 40c pfft we get hotter, thats true but its a different kind of tropical heat in Japan.

The question everyone's asking, is what affect is Fuku's radiation having here, if any at all ?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
54,000 hospitalized. Thats alot of people!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
well the number is probably so high because many places in japan have no air-conditioning and where they do it's regulated in such a way which ignores the weather conditions, not to mention the importance of the sun in Japanese culture and religion, such a thing doesn't really surprise me all that much to be honest.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Being familiar with hot weather here in Aus, I can't imagine it being crammed into a city like tokyo for example, people on top of people! The number of people hospitalised is staggering too! How can they cope with a sudden load like that! Fingers crossed it ends soon, unfortunately it always seems to be the elderly that don't survive heat waves well.

yes i sea in the web its so scary..if i were you i will go to bath 5 times a day

Officials are searching for bodies among the charred ruins of more than 100 homes and other buildings destroyed by wildfires in the Australian island state of Tasmania. Around 100 residents remain unaccounted for, three days after the fires broke out. Tasmania's acting police commissioner, Scott Tilyard, said no casualties had been reported. But he said it would take time before officials were certain that no one had died in the blazes.
Temperatures across much the state are expected to reach 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) on Tuesday, while winds are expected to be as strong as 80 kilometres per hour (50 miles per hour).
Picture: Richard Jupe/Newspix / Rex Features

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by cheesy

I've sweltered through 42c + days in Western Australia, I remember sitting in Japan in the middle of August in 2008 and the heat was ruthless. It wasn't anywhere near 42c, but the thickness of it and the humidity wasted me. First and only time I've had to walk around with a towel around my neck.

People say, 40c pfft we get hotter, thats true but its a different kind of tropical heat in Japan.

The question everyone's asking, is what affect is Fuku's radiation having here, if any at all ?

I do not know about the Fukushima disaster linkages with the heat wave that hit Japan .. I am looking for a link between the two in google but did not find anything

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Them fires you posted about could of been avoided if the greens hadn't banned back burning.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
reply to post by cheesy

Them fires you posted about could of been avoided if the greens hadn't banned back burning.

i am sory sir cant understant what your meaning

i try to translate to google translate but still cant understand..so much sory sir..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Is this related to the plant?Would they tell us if it did?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
Is this related to the plant?Would they tell us if it did?

ithink its not related sir..because not only japan strike by this heat..this is the worse heat wave on australian hystory..creazy!!

January 2013 NASA's Alarming Map of the Worst Australian Heat Wave on Record

Although temperatures around the country have receded this week, many Australians no doubt are still having fever dreams of their country's recent skull-boiling weather. The past four months have been the hottest ever recorded on the continent, with a new countrywide high temperature on January 7 busting the mercury bulb at 104.6 Fahrenheit. (It wasn't much better that night, with A/C units struggling to compensate for 90.3-degree heat.)

But how far and wide did this steamy bulk of hotness spread? The folks over at NASA have revealed the answer in the form of a heat map, and it looks like this was truly a monster-sized "persistent and widespread heatwave event," as the Australian Bureau of Meteorology has dubbed it. Here it is, the surface-temperature anomalies for January 1 through 8 as observed by satellite:

What this map is showing you is Damn! That's some sweaty weather. The darker red areas in the southwest and north show temperatures as much as 27 degrees above average for this time of year. The much scarcer blue patches, meanwhile, represent places that had abnormally low temperatures. Gray just means that a satellite couldn't collect data, which can happen if it's cloudy.

This January, much of the country has been locked into temperatures exceeding 113 degrees thanks to an atmospheric ridge that delayed the rainy season for several weeks. Sydney hit 114 degrees last Friday, establishing a new high for the city in 150 years of record keeping; other historic firsts include 110.7 degrees in Wellington, 111.4 in Adelaide and at the charmingly named gas town of Moomba (you know, right between Innamincka and Strzelecki), a near-impossible-to-believe reading of 121.3 degrees.

Here's another view of the continent's hot spots from the Bureau of Meteorology. It's a map of high temperatures for the first two weeks of January (for you non-metric people, 44 Celsius equals 111.2 degrees Fahrenheit, 48 is 118.4, and so on):

cant imagine that..whats wrong with this earth?? all this biggest disaster is on this year! even f5 level tornado!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Must be that mini Ice Age we're entering that the skeptics of climate change keep telling us about!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Japan is becoming like Australia, harsh environment, but with its Fukishima pi$$ing out Strontium issue, which TEPCO don't want to test for because that will be bad news and obviously everyone is better off not knowing, it will become like a Martian island and Australia will become like Venus, don't ask how I came to that conclusion but since when do we need facts and explanations on ATS? If I was Japanese and living in my homeland, I'd be happy with the level of nationalist pride that my fellow Japanese people display, happy with Japan being for the Japanese people and not a ten tonne of freeloading immigrants, happy with how f'ing smart Japanese people are...Not so happy to be at death's door.
edit on 4-9-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Is it possible the radiation in the atmosphere is multiplying the suns heat?

2L

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
Is it possible the radiation in the atmosphere is multiplying the suns heat?

2L

No.

And what radiation? Radioactivity does not have any affect on global atmospheric weather systems.

It's just weather (which may or may not be affected by changes in C02 levels in the atmosphere or changes in global insolation due to land use change and pollution etc). It has no more to do with Fukishima than Simon Cowell's existence does to Chernobyl .....

....... er, actually, screw that. Chernobyl might be the only possible explantion for Simon Cowell.......

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Those temps are not that bad normal from where i am from .. could be worse.

stay hydrated japan

top topics

<<   2 >>

join