It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is President Obama reading ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A picture speaks a 1000 words ,

The name of the book Obama is holding is called: The Post-American World, and it was written by (Fareed Zakaria) "Post" America means: The World "After" America !"

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The Post-American World

Book Description
"This is not a book about the decline of America, but rather about the rise of everyone else." So begins Fareed Zakaria's important new work on the era we are now entering. Following on the success of his best-selling The Future of Freedom, Zakaria describes with equal prescience a world in which the United States will no longer dominate the global economy, orchestrate geopolitics, or overwhelm cultures. He sees the "rise of the rest"—the growth of countries like China, India, Brazil, Russia, and many others—as the great story of our time, and one that will reshape the world. The tallest buildings, biggest dams, largest-selling movies, and most advanced cell phones are all being built outside the United States. This economic growth is producing political confidence, national pride, and potentially international problems. How should the United States understand and thrive in this rapidly changing international climate? What does it mean to live in a truly global era? Zakaria answers these questions with his customary lucidity, insight, and imagination.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He's really into it too, he's got his finger bookmarking so he can dive right back in as soon as possible.

He can't wait to see what happens next!

edit on 2-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The Post-American World is a non-fiction book by Indian American journalist Fareed Zakaria. It was published in hardcover and audiobook formats in early May 2008 and became available in paperback in early May 2009; the Updated and Expanded Release 2.0 followed in 2011. In the book, Zakaria argues that, thanks to the actions of the United States in spreading liberal democracy across the world, other countries are now competing with the US in terms of economic, industrial, and cultural power. While the US continues to dominate in terms of political-military power, other countries such as China and India are becoming global players in many fields.

So basicly the books premise is on the rise of Competing economies around the world will Rival the US, partly in thanks to US spreading democracy around...

The content is divided into seven chapters. The first chapter introduces the thesis of the book: that a 'post-American' world order is emerging in which the United States of America will continue to be the most powerful nation but its relative power will be diminished. He believes that there have been three power shifts in the last 500 years: a shift of power to the West during the Renaissance, a shift of power to the US making it a superpower, and now a shift to several surging countries, especially China and India, and to non-governmental organizations. Zakaria believes that international organizations are not adapting well to emerging challenges and that there is too much focus on problems arising from potential market failures or general crises (e.g. terrorism) at the expense of focus on problems stemming from success

From the post american world

The US certainly is facing competition from abroad

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 2-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Maybe politics for dummies would be a better book for him to read.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Instead of killing people can't we educate them to have smaller families? Like China...1 child policy(?) we are't in the 1800 century and before where we needed big families to get the work done. 22 kids and counting... I really despise that show. Without the show they'd probably be in their first house all cramped and miserable. I know its impossible to get everyone to use common sense but education has helped many.
edit on 2-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Sp chk

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Or we could just not "read" as much into it
Its just a book, perhaps he reads if for laughs.. perhaps its a gift from his wife, and are forced to read it
perhaps perhaps perhaps

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So basicly the books premise is on the rise of Competing economies around the world will Rival the US, partly in thanks to US spreading democracy around...

""thanks to US spreading democracy around... ""

AND, spreading jobs around...

therefore spreading wealth away from Americans !!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just a little tired but that book looks Photoshopped. I think I've seen other pictures of him holding different books before. As much as I hate the guy, I'll have to go with someone trying to propagate him.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

that book looks Photoshopped.
reply to post by Em2013

I too agree with this statement Em said...what better way to advertise...very sneaky but brilliant...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You had to know it wasn't the Constitution!

Might have been War and Peace, but only the first half.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is very old, I think I saw something about this a year or two ago.

And what's wrong with the President educating himself on what's happening to the world?

You would think people would want world leaders to know something about what's going on in the world??

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Things are changing in the world. We have to learn to acclimate to this change. Maybe if everyone realized that this was coming, the Economy here wouldn't be so fragile.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would certainly believe what I'm seeing based on what I've researched about this guy. But...I have to say it does look photoshopped. Are there any Photoshop experts out there who can take a closer look? Seems plausible, but hard to verify.

top topics

join