It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next on "20/20 Hindsight" Barack Obama, the awakening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Barack Obama was a super star. A politician, father, family man, hero to many. Hollywood loved him, the media adored him. The music industry welcomed him as one of their own, a true "rock star" of epic proportions. Oprah supported him, Republicans feared him. He truly was the second coming for a new dawning age in American politics.

Then we got him. and things began to unravel.

I have noticed support for this president slipping further and further down the drain. The media, and hollywood are still kinda in his camp, but the sentiment I see on-line, in sights like this one, reddit, and a forum I work at that I won't mention due to TOS issues, folks that were once true believers are running scared. I'm aware of the reasons behind it, It's really the same thing Bush did to his base.

My question to those of you out there is, will you fall for some smooth talking head telling you what you want to hear in 16? Will you vote for your party?

Will you do this AGAIN????

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

you act like our votes actually count
I should say your votes, i have never voted.

the system is rigged, its obvious

And you imply that there are different party's and they are not all part of the same corrupt beast.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

In the other hand I fear who will be the new President After Obama? I pray he isn't a Theocrat

edit on 31-8-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

you act like our votes actually count
I should say your votes, i have never voted.

the system is rigged, its obvious

And you imply that there are different party's and they are not all part of the same corrupt beast.

Well, your votes absolutely don't, if you have never voted. Yes there are parties other than the "republicrats" out there. We need a third party. Or a fourth even.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

In the other hand I fear who will be the new President After Obama? I pray it isn't a Theocrat

Obama is a good-guy, if he wasn't a lot worse would have gone down by now. But Obama isn't God, he's as human as the rest of us are. Give him credit for taking the job on.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

In the other hand I fear who will be the new President After Obama? I pray it isn't a Theocrat

My fear is that the next guy will be worse as well, they seem to get worse with every successive one.
We need to be prepared for the next guy. Check him out. Look into his past, if he is a Theocrat, bring it out! make it known, fight against his being elected. Stand up for what you believe in.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Obama is a good-guy, if he wasn't a lot worse would have gone down by now. But Obama isn't God, he's as human as the rest of us are. Give him credit for taking the job on.

Then I give him credit for accepting the Presidency of the United States. He did that quite well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage

Originally posted by Shema

Then I give him credit for accepting the Presidency of the United States. He did that quite well.

Obama is not a "good guy." He is a liar, a manipulator and control freak at the very least and he has ordered the death of American citizens without due process. If you think that is a good guy...

As far as accepting the presidency, well he ran for it what else was he going to do?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm going to vote for my butt.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

But what does your butt stand for? Will your butt stand with the people in the end? Is your butt in the butt business for the right reasons? Or does your butt just take orders from some ass?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
what if nobody voted at all..
wouldnt it still be fun watching the numbers spin on the big screen?
listening to the news people debate the wins and losses?
nothing would change

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

You are naive not to vote. Go and vote third party. Everyone should. Now with 16 years of bad and both parties having a shot and failing, we have a real chance to spread the word and get a third party. At the very least you have a voice, if you get a large quantity then you create problem for the left/right paradigm, and best case the third party wins because of the people. If a thied party wins it breaks the system and if the defraud the vote it would be obvious and a huge problem.

The key is getting a candidate that is funded by the people. The problem we have are candidates that owe favors they have to repay. They are owned by their debts . I voted Johnson last election and Paul in the primaries. Next election will be similar. When we have multiple parties we can fix the country, 3 is a start but more is better.

Vote because even if its not the deciding vote its the voice of dissent from the two party systen and one day so many people will vote 3rd party that the rigged elections will be obvious and very hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
what if nobody voted at all..
wouldnt it still be fun watching the numbers spin on the big screen?
listening to the news people debate the wins and losses?
nothing would change

You're right. All of you are. Things are good just the way they are. Yay

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

actually i agree with you,
i was being facetious.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DocHolidaze

You are naive not to vote. Go and vote third party. Everyone should. Now with 16 years of bad and both parties having a shot and failing, we have a real chance to spread the word and get a third party. At the very least you have a voice, if you get a large quantity then you create problem for the left/right paradigm, and best case the third party wins because of the people. If a thied party wins it breaks the system and if the defraud the vote it would be obvious and a huge problem.

The key is getting a candidate that is funded by the people. The problem we have are candidates that owe favors they have to repay. They are owned by their debts . I voted Johnson last election and Paul in the primaries. Next election will be similar. When we have multiple parties we can fix the country, 3 is a start but more is better.
Vote because even if its not the deciding vote its the voice of dissent from the two party systen and one day so many people will vote 3rd party that the rigged elections will be obvious and very hard to explain.

Awwww yeah...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

My butt has integrity, my butt fights for the little man, he stands up for what is right he doesn't take any crap he gives it!
My butt will do it's duty as your new president.
edit on 31-8-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

My butt has integrity, my butt fights for the little man, he stands up for what is right he doesn't take any crap he gives it!

Well then, I firmly stand behind your butt, and give it the full depth of My support. I Also offer a full congressional reach-around.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Well then, I firmly stand behind your butt, and give it the full depth of My support. I Also offer a full congressional reach-around.

ROFLMAO

I all most cried,,,

Sorry,,, Off Topic,,,, Hopefully Hillary and the kid of theirs,, Stays out of it, She thinks because she's a Clinton that makes her a natural Candidate. , !
edit on 31-8-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

I was replying to doc, but I am glad you agree.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I don't vote on party lines.

I knew who Obama was before he ever got elected president.

Once a douchebag always a douchebag.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join