It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grave excavation begins at Fla. reform school site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Grave excavation begins at Fla. reform school site

news.yahoo.com

MARIANNA, Fla. (AP) — University of South Florida researchers began exhuming dozens of graves Saturday at a former Panhandle reform school where horrific beatings have been reported in hopes of identifying the boys and learning how they died.
The digging and work at the site of the former Dozier Boys School will continue until Tuesday, with researchers hoping to unearth the remains of four to six boys before resuming at a later date, said Erin Kimmerle, the USF anthropologist leading the excavation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well my ATS Brothers and Sisters. this is a particularly Nasty Story. It seems this particular Reform School had a Policy of Murdering Children by beatings, Torture etc. Segregating The Black and White Kids and Administering Absolutely Heinous Acts upon these poor little souls.

It looks like they haven't found The White Graveyard yet. They are currently working at The Black Graveyard looking to do DNA Forensic work and identify these hundreds of Missing Dead Children. I don't know about this world sometimes. How could anyone do this to children? This is just one of The Saddest Articles that I've read in a while.

Mods, Please move this if it is in the wrong forum and I have done a search and don't see anything else about this on ATS, if there is then please just add this to any existing thread.

Thanks All and Namaste
Arjunanda

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ah yes peace be with you as well and all the dead children. hopefully peace will stay with us when they exhume only black children and the media tells us about it for the next 3 months

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arjunanda

I too find it impossible to understand how someone could do such things to children. However, I am far from surprised that these things have happened, and continue to happen. Though the precise mechanics of how one can come to a place in ones life where the murder of the innocent can be brushed off, are unknown to me personally, I am aware that vile behaivor towards, and a disregard for the preservation of the young is nothing new.

The Romans treated thier young in an abominable fashion. If a young person even dared to disobey, dissapoint, or in some way fall short of its parents expectations, they would merely kill the child, slit thier throats and cut thier threads, never mind the lesser punishments for those transgressions which did not warrant such a terminal response, which although they left thier victims living, also hollowed the child out psychologically.

More recently in history, evidence can still be found for the terrible torments vested on the innocent by sinners of the most appalling capacity.

Amelia Dyer was tried and hung in 1896 over the murder of one child, but over 400 cases of baby and child murder have been attributed to her. She used to prey on the children of disenfranchised single mothers, and poor folk who could not look after thier young, requesting money up front for thier care, and then choking infants and toddlers to death, before lobbing thier remains in the Thames. She did not kill them quickly, and the Wiki, to which I have linked, includes a quote from the woman herself on the matter of how she felt upon witnessing the deaths of her victims.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is fair to say, upon reading more upon the matter of Dyers murders, that although the surface motivation for the murders appeared to be financial, the truth is that this woman was a psychopath. She had a desire to kill, the charm to fool the protective instincts of a mother in order to aquire her targets, and had found a way to satisfy both her lust for murder, and the obvious fringe benifit of earning money doing it.

Furthermore, what with many celebrity names being accused of child molestation in the UK at the moment, it ought not surprise anyone that terrible things are done by terrible people, to the most innocent among us on a daily basis. This particular manifestation of harm done to the young, is performed by people who have power over the victims, either via enormous strength and violence, which render the victim unable to speak of thier torment for fear of being killed, or harm being done to thier loved ones (a very common threat for child abusers to use), or through power exerted over the victim due to the status and social position enjoyed by the abuser.

So let us not be shocked that these things happen at all. Its a well documented fact that the abuse and murder of the young has been going on for a thousand and more years at the very least, and probably an awful lot longer than that. What should send us into a fit of anger, is that knowing that these things happen, child protection initiatives have been less than idealy effective at combating those members of society who would wish to be allowed to do these horrid things. Knowing how vulnerable a child can be, relying on adults for thier survival in a very real fashion for everything from shelter to food, government departments responsible for child protection should be much more active and pro-active in terms of applying checks and balances to foster carers, schools, biological parents, grandparents, baby sitters, and every human being who could even possibly come into contact with a child and exert any level of power over them what so ever.

We COULD end child molestation. We COULD end child abuse, and child murder, in all but the very rarest of cases, as a society. Here in Britain, there is an awfully long way to go it seems, before that ideal becomes a reality. I hope that the USA has better luck over the next five to ten years, in cleaning these things up, than we here in Britain have had over the last five decades!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arjunanda

Well my ATS Brothers and Sisters. this is a particularly Nasty Story. It seems this particular Reform School had a Policy of Murdering Children by beatings, Torture etc. Segregating The Black and White Kids and Administering Absolutely Heinous Acts upon these poor little souls.

It looks like they haven't found The White Graveyard yet. They are currently working at The Black Graveyard looking to do DNA Forensic work and identify these hundreds of Missing Dead Children. I don't know about this world sometimes. How could anyone do this to children? This is just one of The Saddest Articles that I've read in a while.

Interesting area.

The Dozier school was in use from 1900 thru 2011. If you read the reports available, it appears that this little corner of the world simply fell off the planet -- right up until the day it closed. Uzbekistan does not have a darn thing worse than us.

Here's a description of a lynching in Marianna, Florida in 1934. And before you ask, yes, the picture at the link is real.

A member of the lynching party described the lynching in great detail: “After taking the 'n-word' to the woods about four miles from Greenwood, they cut off his penis. He was made to eat it. Then they cut off his testicles and made him eat them and say he liked it. Then they sliced his sides and stomach with knives and every now and then somebody would cut off a finger or toe. Red hot irons were used on the 'n-word' to burn him from top to bottom.” From time to time during the torture a rope would be tied around Neal’s neck and he was pulled up over a limb and held there until he almost choked to death when he would be let down and the torture begin all over again. After several hours of this unspeakable torture, “they decided just to kill him.”

www.legendsofamerica.com...

top topics

join