It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinean Scientist Turned Back Time at Microscopic Scale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

In the National Research Laboratory Services Magnetic Resonance in Solids (LANAIS) CONICET, Horacio Pastawski team seeks limits and ways to control time.

Something thet might interest any ATS member. Just don't get to excited...., no time machine....yet.

This was the experiment :

For this experiment were used molecular organic crystals, containing hydrogen, generating a kind of stain formed by magnetic waves. Pastawski says that "it is a complex process because we talk about millions of atoms that behave as compasses that influence each other by the interaction itself. We had a degree of control in these interactions, and we achieved a temporary reversal. "

Explanation :

To understand how this process Pastawski cites an example. "Take the case of an ink drop that falls into a bin of water and dispersed. The opposite: to concentrate the ink diluted in a drop, it seems impossible. But if one could control the movement of each of the atoms, the ink would return to the initial drop. This is achieved in the magnetic cores of a molecule, or even in a crystal ".

I couldn't find any source in english, problably all focus in Syria now.

www.clarin.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Tbh I don't get it the way he explains it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Just imagine a video of the ink drop disolving in the water container, got it?... Ok, now watch the video backwards, see the molecules of ink going back to their original position before the drop got in to the water.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Very intriguing but in real terms this is not time control or reversal this is atomic state reversal which is something else but may herald a new approach to the study of sub atomic reactions, imagine if you will the effectiveness of a similar method if it could be applied to the observation of sub atomic interactions at the receiver of a particle accelerator and the beauty of being able to replay the instant time and again to gather data, unlikely to be applicable but?.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Jahari

Just imagine a video of the ink drop disolving in the water container, got it?... Ok, now watch the video backwards, see the molecules of ink going back to their original position before the drop got in to the water.

Okay, now we need to add a clock next to the video in this experiment. Will the time on the clock reverse itself also? I don't think so. Plus, just yesterday I observed a drop of water hanging on the edge of a faucet, and the drop simply wouldn't let go - is this an example of freezing time? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Trueman

Very intriguing but in real terms this is not time control or reversal this is atomic state reversal which is something else but may herald a new approach to the study of sub atomic reactions, imagine if you will the effectiveness of a similar method if it could be applied to the observation of sub atomic interactions at the receiver of a particle accelerator and the beauty of being able to replay the instant time and again to gather data, unlikely to be applicable but?.

I agree with your comments. Anyway my imagination is flying now and I'm trying to guess how this could be used in the future, besides new weapons.

Extracting another segment from the source :

In addition to improving magnetic resonance imaging, this technique is used for a temporary reversal of ultrasounds for kidney stones and tumor destruction. Reversing a wave of Wi-Fi to concentrate on the PC and achieve a safer Internet. Again chaotic reflections of a signal, usually cause unwanted "blind spots", are used to encourage personalized communication.

Without doubt, this process seems to be useful.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The experiment had nothing to do with ink drops, that was just an example to help to understand the process. I think you misunderstood it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by jiggerj

The experiment had nothing to do with ink drops, that was just an example to help to understand the process. I think you misunderstood it.

Oh no, I understood. The only thing I could respond to is the example given. Even in the real experiment (the aligning of molecules?), whatever happened didn't reverse time. T'sall I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

The first thing that came to my mind is preventing, accelerating, or reversing the decay of atoms using something such as a electro-magnetic field lattice work.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It does seem more like hitting the reverse button than turning back time.

Maybe I have got it wrong - pity there is not an article in English.

Has something been lost in translation ?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Is this operating at a quantum scale ?

Are entropic principles spooky at this scale - pardon my ignorance - that may be a silly question - perhaps somebody with some training in the subject could add further enlightenment to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
cant find much on thus on his published papers, but it appears to me, without further info, its about spin and quantum entanglement,
edit on 1-9-2013 by suicideeddie because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here is another article (also in spanish): Horacio Pastawski, el físico cordobés que asegura haber logrado retroceder el tiempo

This explains the experiment in more detail:

The experiment
In the Conicet National Magnetic Resonance in Solids Investigation and Services Laboratory and at UNC, the Pastawski team manipulated atomic nuclei in crystals, generating a type of “stain” formed my magnetic waves. This stain dispersed throughout the crystal according to Quantum Mechanics – like a drop of ink disperses in water – changing the magnetic properties of the same. Then, a series of electromagnetic impulses known as “Loschmidt demons” where applied which was able to revert the process: the magnetic waves reversed until concentrating again at the point where they were created and the atoms returned to their initial state. A real “Time Machine” that acted in thousanths of a second.

As someone else pointed out, they just hit rewind.

new topics

top topics

join