It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons for Obama to Attack Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is a video outlining and explaining Obama's possible thinking on Syria.

The USA’s imminent intervention in Syria – what’s the point, what’s the real reason? Well we’ve got the top ten reasons for the Obama administration’s anticipated attack on the Assad regime.

The Top Ten Reasons for Obama to Attack Syria

Reason #1: As suggested by team Obama, it would be punishment for Assad for a chemical attack on his own people. Punishment? What, blowing up a few buildings and planes and tanks? No, no, no, bad Assad, don’t do that again. Is it realistic to think that a “brief and limited” attack would convince a brutal dictator to stop his wicked ways? Maybe it has more to do with…

Reason #2: The chemical weapons in Syria came from Iraq. So now Obama has to shoot missiles into Syria to destroy the evidence that Sadam Hussein smuggled his WMDs into Syria before George Bush launched the Iraq war because that scenario would be bad, really bad for the Democrats.

Reason #3: Obama needs a ratings boost. His poll numbers have been sagging lately, and there’s nothing that generally regains the approval of a doubting American public like a shooting war. Nah, Obama wouldn’t really wag the dog…would he? He wouldn’t really create a dramatic diversion to turn attention away from other scandals, would he? So, what about…

Reason #4 for an attack on Syria: CNN needs a ratings boost. Generally supportive of Obama and liberal causes, CNN has suffered some pretty serious audience erosion of late. And there’s nothing like that nighttime video of cruise missile launches to bring back the viewers. That’s awfully cynical, I know, so maybe it’s…

Reason #5: Obama’s intelligence guys need a ratings boost. There’s a report that phone calls intercepted by the U.S. prove it was the Syrian army that used nerve gas. Those silly Syrian generals spilled the beans right there during phone calls. With all the concern about and criticism of the NSA and tapping phones and surveillance and such, this could make the spooks and spies look good. Or…

Reason #6: Obama can’t seem like a waffler and a weakling whose word means nothing. He said we’d do something if chemical weapons were used, and now he’s gonna do something. He’s gonna shoot off some missiles at some place or someone, somewhere. After all, US credibility is on the line over that red line. Then there’s…

Reason #7: Obama wants to frustrate those conservative opposition groups that have published books calling for his impeachment, groups like our sister organization, Grassfire. Just imagine how these groups would have to scramble and revise and rewrite and reprint and add to their lengthy rationales for impeachment if Obama started an unconstitutional war.

Reason #8 for Obama pulling the trigger on a Syrian attack: He doesn’t like Israel all that much. You see, if the powder keg that is the Middle East is further destabilized, the power structure further eroded, the Muslim Brotherhood further empowered, Iran further irritated, then who knows what kind of unfortunate consequences might befall Israel. There has been talk of retaliating by leveling Tel Aviv.

Reason #9: A tit-for-tat poke in the eye to Russia, to Putin actually. Recently, the Russian leader has been harshly critical of Obama, mocking him, calling him names. And since Russia has publicly warned the US not to strike Syria, maybe Obama wants to stick out his chest, raise his chin and let Putin know he can’t push our President around. So there, Russian bear!

And reason #10: Energy and the environment. An attack on Syria could well trigger a spike in oil prices, which means sales of Obama’s beloved green cars and solar panels would benefit. And there’d be less pollution and less climate change. Plus, Al Gore’s stock portfolio would probably benefit also.

Anything Missing ?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reason# 11: Russia and Syria made zombies.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Reason #2 sits the strongest with me. He's doing it to save his ass, while buddying up with his 'war gang' to ensure his buttocks are safe from the public fallout. Also #9 is pretty likely.
edit on 30-8-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Reason #12 - Qatar and Saudi Arabia really really really want that Natural Gas pipeline they plan running out of Syria through Turkey to the EU so they can make lots (more) money.

Reasons 5 & 6 are my choices from the list.

OT (still slowly recovering from the interface changes today so I may not yet be coherent.)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Reason #13, Obama is a clueless idiot and is simply doing as he is told. OR Obama could just be an idiot.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Reason # ALL

Gas Pipeline

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Reason # ALL

Gas Pipeline

would have to agree

reason ALL + 1 Get rid of assad s Banking system and replace with western banking system

Riouz

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

I sure hope at least 60% ot the american population sees this for what it is - and the real reasons these criminals are pushing this crap.

Now we all have to wait for the "terrorist attack on the homeland" - Labor weekend is a great time to do this manuever.

I sure hope people see this for what it is.

Watching the MSM, and the blocking of a lot of internet sites is really quite amazing to see in the US.

They are going for broke on this.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I only need 1 reason not for Obama to attack Syria:

Our enemies are killing each other off.

That works for me. Why get our hands dirty when someone else is doing all the work, and spending all the cash?

Let them have at it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I will go with reason number 9 for 1000.

The Daily Double!!! Woooot!!

top topics

join