It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The report states that Assad's army was starting to lose ground around Damascus right before the chemical weapons attacks, leading our government to believe that it might have been one of his last ditch efforts to keep the opposition from taking over Damascus.

Is that what you call forensics? Or just "losing ground"?

Guerrilla warfare can never hope to win against a well equipped army, by itself. With limited resources and personnel , the best they can hope for is the disruption of daily life for as many civilians as possible. Killing them is easy.

That "leads" to concluding the "rebels" are doing the killing, not the government.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by FidelityMusic

According to what I remember reading and hearing over the last week weren't there multiple explosions, in multiple locations, over the course of multiple days? Now if it really was the mishandling of these weapons, what are the chances that the rebels received the weapons, distributed them to different groups in different locations, and they all mishandled the weapons over the course of what? 3-4 days?

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. The official U.S. report says that explosions went off in 12 different locations around the area and they have material and video evidence from each location. This is part of the reason the U.S. thinks that only Assad's army could have pulled this off.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Have you considered the possibility that Israel could have sent loaded missiles in ?

We know they have already bombed various sites in Syria and they have the capability to carry out such a strike and they are sneaky evil bastards with an agenda.

eta... plus they used chemicals on the Palestinians during cast lead .... denied of course
edit on 31-8-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Israel has enough problems of it's own with it's neighbors without starting this fiasco and losing it's partnership with the U.S. The only time Israel strikes in when they see weapon movements trying to cross borders closer to them. They can't afford for more weapons to move into Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The question is, just how many people make up Assad's army these days?

An article I read yesterday says that Assad's holding thousands of his own army (the ones who are Sunni) as prisoners just to keep them from defecting.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The middle east is awash with weapons that can't be accounted for, anybody could have caused this accidentally or intentionally. Even weapons from the old Soviet union are floating around out there still, hell, you can buy an old soviet tank for pretty cheap....

Let no disaster go to waste....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by intrptr

The question is, just how many people make up Assad's army these days?

An article I read yesterday says that Assad's holding thousands of his own army (the ones who are Sunni) as prisoners just to keep them from defecting.

Really? All armies threaten their soldiers with summary execution for defecting in the face of the enemy, don't they? Nice twist on that you imply.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They accidentally set off nerve gas?

Yea, sure.. ok. Why wouldn't I believe a story through a ridiculous news source that got it from a closed-down news source that got their stories from some unnamed rebels that said "Um.. yea, we didn't know what we were doing and woopsie.. set it off. Our bad!"

I'll have to research it, but I have a feeling like many other munitions, you can't just accidentally press the "red button" and cause it to explode pre-launch. I have a feeling it would actually take significant effort to cause it to explode prior to launch.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite
We wait to see evidence. Either way Ass-ad is a murderous monster who needs his throat cut 360!
edit on 31-8-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

So we'll wait to see the evidence, but before the evidence comes you want to cut his throat?

Of course.

Should have been done long ago already!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Sorry I just don't agree. Israel is capable of just about anything imo.

They stir the pot all the time and get away with it thanks to zionist leeches controlling the USA.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We already know that the Saudis support most of the terrorist actions, the only reason we don't do anything because the House of Saud has a relationship with most of the US government.

You want to bomb someone, bomb the hell out of the Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Chemical munitions don't need an explosive component, a shell that gets dropped and cracks will do the same thing as one fired out of some type of launcher.

A tank or barrel full could be punctured by a forklift, a truck transporting chemical weapons can get into an accident, some curious dumbass, not knowing what it was he had could have opened a round, a barrel.

With all the chaos in the middle east, this is probably in the hands of people who don't even know what it is, and wasn't there a big mess in Aleppo recently?, there was / is a chemical weapons storage facility nearby that city.

And besides, after the Iraq fiasco, the chemical weapons and all that have been proven to never have existed, can anyone seriously even consider the credibility of anything any media outlet anywhere says to even contain a grain of truth?.

edit on 31-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nice. Check out my thread Turner Construction. Yeah im pointing.
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Turner Construction
edit on 31-8-2013 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Another rather odd thing about this that hasn't come up yet is this aspect of the whole mess.

www.channel4.com... -assad-interactive-files

Damascus you say?. Hmmmm....

Hmmmm, link doesn't work now, page is gone.......But it stated that Damascus was chemical weapons capital of Syria, and chemical weapons are researched, produced and warehoused there......perfect place for an accident.

Maybe one of you other posters can find that info out there somewhere else, I literally read it, posted the link, and poof, the page was gone.
edit on 31-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: link went poof

Another creepy aspect of this is that Israel has been rumored to have bombed a chemical facility near Damascus, Well geez, that's perty dumb, unless one WANTED to cause the type of thing that happened to happen, maybe...?
edit on 31-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: VAT

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
Another rather odd thing about this that hasn't come up yet is this aspect of the whole mess.

www.channel4.com... -assad-interactive-files

Damascus you say?. Hmmmm....

Hmmmm, link doesn't work now, page is gone.......

It's still there. Your link got cut off...
www.channel4.com...
The URL tag seems to be the culprit.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

That article is just under 4 months old, in between then and now there was a trial run shutting down U.S. embassies in the ME.

I'm gonna start drinking heavy again so I become forgetful and blissfully ignorant.

Glub.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Washingtontimes

More websites now reporting

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting lead
I could swear my IQ level has gone up a few points since I first joined ATS.

A little about Prince Bandar:

Bandar has formed close relationships with several American presidents, notably George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, the latter giving him the affectionate and controversial nickname "Bandar Bush"

Bandar helped negotiate the 1985 Al Yamamah deal, a series of massive arms sales by the United Kingdom to Saudi Arabia worth GB£40 billion (US$80 billion), including the sale of more than 100 warplanes. After the deal was signed, British arms manufacturer British Aerospace (now BAE Systems) allegedly funnelled secret payments of at least GB£1 billion (US$2 billion) into two Saudi embassy accounts in Washington

On 25 January 2007, Saudi Arabia sent Prince Bandar to Iran for discussions on the crisis in Lebanon and the Kingdom even held talks with Hizballah leaders, whom he had invited for the annual pilgrimage to Mecca.[21] After tensions with Qatar over supplying rebel groups, Saudi Arabia (under Bandar's leadership of its Syria policy) switched its efforts from Turkey to Jordan in 2012

In 2007, during his tenure as National Security Secretary, Bandar proposed that the Kingdom have greater contact with Israel, because he regarded Iran as a more serious threat than Israel.

In August 2013 the Wall Street Journal reported that Bandar had been appointed to lead Saudi Arabia's efforts to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad

ETA: More food for thought...

On August 10th, 21st Century Wire expanded on a Reuters news release which reported how Saudi intelligence head, Prince Bandar bin Sultan offered a $15 billion weapons contract to Russian President Vladimir Putin during a meeting on July 31st. Apparently, Russia rebuffed this rather generous offer, because the deal was dependent upon Moscow letting go of its existing arms contracts with the Syrian government in Damascus.

Source

edit on 31-8-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Just pointing out the Washington Times article you posted is from May of this year.
2nd

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Didn't the Obamanator say he supported those pesky rebels?, of course he will blame Al Assad, it couldn't be true that those he claimed to be in support of are the culprits. Nevermind there are chemical weapons lying all over the place and it could very well have been an accident.

Spin it..........

Similar to Iraq and the IED issues, those guys didn't go out and buy them there explosives, they probably used a lot of dud fuse munitions left lying around from both sides, or rendered down animals that got caught in the crossfire and made their own nitroglycerine.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It will be interesting to see what the UN investigation makes of this. If it is substantiated, then what? The US and Saudi links are pretty strong with oil. What does Russia make of this situation and how is their relationship with Saudi Arabia? The Muslim Brotherhood has copped a recent hiding in Egypy, does this mean that all is not rosy in this new political force? Or does it just make an easy scapegoat as the worlds main political forces collide. Stay Tuned as there will be more to come.

The decision and implementation to use these chemical weapons is not one made by a nation or even political faction, but by individuals. Until these individuals are identified and the issues surrounding any transfer of powers addressed, any response by any force will be disproportionate and irresponsible. While the UN security council cannot agree on the facts it is the responsibility of due process to do its job.

How some of the world leaders have already made calls for action while the evidence and situation has not been properly addressed is very concerning, false flag fear is high. The proper response for politicians when faced with matters before the courts is to reserve comment and wait.

The content of this post is important that i risk quoting the entire thing.

-----------------

And even if we do identify the ones who are responsible, what then? Somehow i do not believe that a "shock and awesome" response is the right way to go as it will result in more death and destruction. There has to be other choices through diplomacy putting pressure on Syria´s allies. Then again, i guess diplomacy never was a part of the plan in the first place. Sad..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join