It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Courts to have a 5-Star time in Colorado!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, this takes nerve. Last year, it was the 9th Circuit deciding they *HAD* to make their vacation to Hawaii, despite budget matters the same men bitched about and could actually keep a straight face while doing it over.

Now? Well..It's not Hawaii. It's actually worse. I mean, Hawaii as a desitnation is most of the cost there. The nature of the place, that is. You don't go to Hawaii and stay at the Ramada Inn. It's rather self defeating and like going skydiving drunk. You get the experience but not worth remembering...even if you manage.

Lets see what the Stench from the Bench smells like today?

With officials from the Judicial Branch demanding that Congress end across the board budget cuts from the sequester, federal judges from the Tenth Circuit start to gather today for a judicial conference at a "five star" Colorado resort that features three golf courses and a "scenic mountain backdrop."

The Tenth Circuit gathering at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs was postponed from a year ago because of budget concerns, but court officials argue canceling the gathering entirely would have actually cost taxpayers money.

The Broadmoor! Well, hot damn! I'm impressed. After all, NO mere convention center or seminar hall would do for someone as special and pampered as a Federal Court Judge! (Horrified look) How DARE we suggest such a thing! That they would live like commoners!? Bah!

Oh, for the "You can't make this stuff up" part these stories always seem to have somewhere?

Like other government agencies, when various judicial circuits have been asked about these conferences, the argument is that the gatherings are beneficial for all involved.

"We recognize that the biennial meetings of our circuit’s judges and attorneys provide valuable continuing legal education as well as an opportunity to interact socially," the Tenth Circuit said in a statement delaying the 2012 conference to this weekend.

"We hope to resume holding these meetings when the Judiciary’s funding situation improves," it added back in July of 2011.
Source

Did everyone else know the "funding situation" had improved?? Wow... That's news to me. Here, I've been concerned for the health of my nation. To read this, when it's vacation time anyway, it's as healthy as a newborn baby!

.....when they get back, I'm sure the whining about no money will start again. The thing is, it's a legitimate complaint. Money in the courts *IS* exceptionally tight as the deferment of cases and other tangible actions show. Perhaps.....just maybe... THIS IS PART OF THE REASON WHY?!

A fair man might even call it evidence fit for a Judge!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

We can forget any "entitlement" attitude of people on public assistance and food stamps that's for sure. These crooked SOB's have set a new standard (tied w/ the IRS) for entitlement mentality. I am so sick of this #@%&.

I have an idea for a solution though. Next conference / vacation they take we make sure they all go back to Hawaii, right into the volcano.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe they've gone to Colorado to investigate something that are legal in Colorado but not legal Federally.

I'm sure the skiing is not too good yet this year.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I tend to agree. I imagine these people "entitle" themselves to dinner bills that would account for a few families worth of food stamps across a month or two. Of course... They are the Robed Ones in the black cloaks of justice ...so we're supposed to say 'Bad Bad poor family!" while saying "Yes, Your Honor" while they do so much more to suck off the public trough and break our banks in the process.

I find the whole system in contempt when they do things like this. The only saving grace is that each judge, in the end, IS an island unto themselves. So a few bad apples or even a whole cart full, doesn't necessarily taint the entire harvest the same way Congressional Corruption or others are literally contagious.

new topics

top topics

join