It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Race an Issue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have never understood Racism, I can understand Religious bigotry, homophobia, Agism and so on...

I don't get it. Don't people of other religions, homosexuals, old people and others bleed, hurt and love the same?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because we're being denied the right to acknowledge the fact that we are in fact, different. Just because we're different, doesn't mean we're better or worse than the other. African's are different from Caucasians. Oriental's different from Middle Easterners. It's these differences that make us, as the human species, whole.

Allow us to celebrate our uniqueness together. My 0.2 Amero's of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Basic over view of racism.... ( every race is guilty of the below to a degree )

Instinctual racism is a natural reflex to outsiders. Which in the animal kingdom usually amounts to a threat.

The problem we have to contend with as animals, is to over ride this tendency with experience. No different than your cat and dog learn to get along. But some just cant seem to do it.

To compound the issue...

We have older scientific and religious views that reinforce that conflict with "logic" ( branching evolution of humans into different races ) Or in the case of Christianity ( dark skinned people are godless).

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Because we're being denied the right to acknowledge the fact that we are in fact, different. Just because we're different, doesn't mean we're better or worse than the other. African's are different from Caucasians. Oriental's different from Middle Easterners. It's these differences that make us, as the human species, whole.

Allow us to celebrate our uniqueness together. My 0.2 Amero's of course.

Deserves 1000 stars! Why isn't nobody accepting and celebrating the FACT that we are all different? Once we do that, then I think things will be better. The people that control us though, want us all to be the same. The same genetically, culturally, and economically.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have never understood Racism, I can understand Religious bigotry, homophobia, Agism and so on...

I don't get it. Don't people of other religions, homosexuals, old people and others bleed, hurt and love the same?

No of course they do like i said in my OP I am against all forms of discrimination but i can understand why someone might be homophobic for example even though i disagree with such views strongly. However i just cannot understand why someone would be Racist.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I get that you are against all discrimination so, that isn't in question.

You said: "We all bleed the same, we all hurt and love the same so i dont get it."

After having said: "I can understand Religious bigotry, homophobia, Agism and so on..."

Makes it sound like there is something about those who experience those other types of discrtimination that makes them different and therefore understandable.

edit on 30-8-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I agree with what you say, and have been saying the same thing for years. Everybody is different. No two people are the same. So why is everybody trying to say we are all the same. Fat, brown, tall, skinny, black, white, stupid, or genius, gay or straight, happy, sad, or even ornery. And all combinations are possible. Somewhere in the PC movement it became uncool to live and let live.

I try to acknowledge and celebrate peoples differences, and accept them for who and what they are. how hard is that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join