It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN To US: Wait 4 Days Before Deciding On Military Strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So the UN Secretary General is telling the administration to wait 4 days until their inspectors can make determination on the supposed "Assad gas attack." Suppose we will see now whether Obama has any restraint left when it comes to making war.

UN To US: Wait 4 Days For Team To Complete Investigation Before Deciding On Military Strike

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Wednesday that a team of U.N. chemical weapons inspectors needs a total of four days to complete its investigation into an alleged chemical weapons attack in Damascus in which Syrian activists say 1,300 people were killed.

“It is essential to establish the facts. A U.N. investigation team is now on the ground to do just that.

Guess we will see if there is any free thinking left when it comes to making war by this administration. If Obama does manage to restrain himself from attacking Syria for those 4 days maybe he could stop by Congress and actually get the legal authority as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Didn't Obama say that it doesn't matter what they find, because all the "evidence" leading to Assad would be destroyed by now?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ha ha I don't think Obama has patients on this one they're only passing it through the UN SC to avoid the Russians

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Honestly, at this point I think those UN observers are gonna get assassinated just to speed things up.
I have a really hard time believing the US/West/Allied forces is gonna wait another 4 days.

Call me crazy i guess.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Think there is no turning back now, these politicians will look like complete idiots if they are wrong, this is going down no matter who popped the chem imho.
edit on 28-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Honestly, at this point I think those UN observers are gonna get assassinated just to speed things up.

Which of course will be linked to Assad, too!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yeah, wouldn't want to be a Syria gas inspector this week that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

LMAO gas inspector, they might hook Assad up with a smart meter

Shrugs; as long as we can laugh right...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This situation reeks of a us gun law you know the one where they make you wait for the gun you paid for just encase you need cool down time lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Replace names and this just sounds like Iraq all over again. I know we've been all saying this, but I had to say it again.

Remember all the speeches Bush made on how dangerous Iraq was with all those WMDs?

Saw this video posted on another site. Bush making jokes about the non existent Wmds. Sick!
He goes into the jokes at the 5 minute mark.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Just goes to show they have the same puppet masters
change, my a$$

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago If Obama does manage to restrain himself from attacking Syria for those 4 days maybe he could stop by Congress and actually get the legal authority as well.

WHOA now let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Waiting for the UN inspectors? Maybe. Following the Constitution? BLASPHEMY!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As the US already reiterated there is no substantial evidence to point the finger at who did the chemical attack.

However the US and UK are moving closer to syria preparing strike at planned targets.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dont be suprised if another gas 'attack' takes place before the 4 days are over. If they dont have a reason to war they will make one.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The sad part is, the NSA probably had this information 3 days ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The sad part is, the NSA probably had this information 3 days ago.

They probably weren't expecting to be told to wait, or maybe they were. If they wait on the attack it will give the impression that the US is listening to the UN and carefully evaluating their moves before attacking.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Syria asks UN to immediately investigate three new ‘chemical attacks’ by rebels
rt.com...

Man this is getting worse by the minute
edit on 28-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Anyone that is comparing this to the Iraq War is bonkers

This is not even in the same ball park, we're talking about a potential strike of cruise missiles and a few bombing sorties...the Iraq War consisted of 100,000+ U.S. soldiers on the ground invading a country.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Give it a couple weeks or months.

Especially if others (Russia or Iran) become involved.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I have a really hard time believing the US/West/Allied forces is gonna wait another 4 days.

The conditions are right next week about midweek for a strike. If we don't see something in the next couple of hours, then I think they'll hold off until conditions are right, which will give the UN their four days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join