It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always about money, why Miley Cyrus is front page news!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move.

This article is about why Miley Cyrus is front page news for CNN even though Miley is hardly news.

"why was this morning’s top story, a spot usually given to the most important foreign or domestic news of the day, headlined “Miley Cyrus Did What???” and accompanied by the subhead “Twerks, stuns at VMAs”?

"It’s a good question. And the answer is pretty simple. It was an attempt to get you to click on CNN.com so that we could drive up our web traffic, which in turn would allow us to increase our advertising revenue".

www.theonion.com...

Is there anything left in this world not controlled or done for money???

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Onion is a site that is all satire.

Here is CNN's response to the Onion article....

CNN

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Satire site.

But often Satire hides the truth in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The Onion is a site that is all satire.

It's called The Onion for a reason though.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I do know that the Onion is a site that pokes fun and makes light of media and other outlets, but that necessarily doesn't mean that what was said doesn't have merit. I mean I listen to Howard Stern daily and they do street interviews all the time with ordinary people supposedly and they have no clue about whats truly going on in the world but they sure do know about pop culture.

My question was is there anything that is not controlled solely by the monetary value of the action??? Almost everything in life is based on decisions that are decided more by your wallet than your mind.

My girlfriend watches real housewives and all this bull crap and thinks one day that could be her. I laugh everytime in her face. These so called housewives never work, bitch and moan about everything and spend about 2k a day on absolutely nothing but yet are portrayed as the "new american housewife"

It's just so tiring, devoting all your time to a piece of paper that has almost no value as I have no gold to back up the receipt I hold or highly doubt given the financial collapse that my children will see will be honored by the American government.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

Yes, there is that which everyone believes as a kernel in the Onion.

But this is ATS, with that motto of 'Deny Ignorance'. Many posters want to see the truth, and the Onion, while espousing what many believe to be true through satire, doesn't have to have any facts backing up their view.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Proof....lol That is a myth on this site. It's almost impossible to prove truth on this site. People's opinions very rarely are open to change. What is evidence. I post a picture, people say it's Photo-shopped or not real. I post a document, welp thats a fake also. I post my own personal experiences, people say give me a photo or something else. Do you see the irony.

in my experience from reading threads on this site I don't think I've ever seen a thread that is controversial to where both sides agreed real or fake or the truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I forgot I can post a video, but if it is from YouTube or countless other outlets its a fake or if it has a good message that could be true it's discounted because it has music playing throughout the video.

Cracks me up.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I understand completely.
I was just saying that is how it is.
See which forum they moved your thread into?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

i just did LOL seems just about right

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
lol, satirical as it is still all sounds about right
fair play to the CNN response though - smart #

top topics

join