It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How long will we continue to destroy our countries future with Priorities that are backwards, our citizens go under educated, under employed, under fed, under cared for.

Infrastructure is strained, the economy is dying, Education is a joke, we have the largest prison population in the world.

And yet we stand at another precipice of war, it is a place sadly that as an American I have become far to familiar with.

I am getting flash backs to before the Iraq war, and wonder what the hell is WRONG WITH ALL OF US!

The same ploy the same line, and we always fall for it.

Humanitarian reasons...

I never knew the meaning of Humanitarian was thinning the flock, killing your best and brightest in needless conflicts, and throwing the tax payer money on the alter of the Military industrial complex.

I've always believed in the system, I believe in the constitution and the methods laid out in it. I've written my reps, Senate and House, I've written secretary of state and POTUS, I've let the people who are supposed to represent my best interest as a citizen know I am against another war.

Polls show the American people are 60% opposed, and yet we march to war. What is to be expected when all our Representation in government is based on Money, who has the most gets to be heard.

Americans need to be united now more than ever, and yet we seem to have the attention span of a snail. “who cares about Syria Mily Cyrus shook her @$$...”

We fight over Race, Religion, Sexual Preference, Class, if its different than you, they will point it out so you can fight it.

Meanwhile we are being lied to, spied on, and told its all for our own good...

I don't even know what to do anymore.

Below is a link to all US military Actions...

I was going to include all of the ones in my life time from 1980... Unfortunately it would make this thread seven pages long and I lost count.

Timeline of United States military operations

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Your rant is appreciated and is now being echoed across the country!
I even see some of my regular Facebook friends waking up and smelling the proverbial coffee.

However, now that we've established what the problem is, we need to start thinking about a solution. The only viable option I see is to turn our backs on the system that has us hooked like so many fish.

I feel that the best way to rip out these 'fish hooks' is to stop funding the Federal government through taxes and high interest rates. The challenge is to get enough people on board.

Protesting and marching in the streets will only get us so far.
We need a REAL plan of action.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

How long will we continue to destroy our countries future with Priorities that are backwards, our citizens go under educated, under employed, under fed, under cared for.

You sure these aren't the death pangs of a nation that grew too fast and reached too far? Our government seems to feel it is imperative to stick its nose in every crisis in every corner of the world. And the statistic you posted of only 60% of Americans being against war (instead of a more sane number, like 95%) illustrates just how varied our opinions are. How can a government and a nation stand without the solid backing of its people telling it what to do, and what not to do?

The U.S., my beloved country, will not stand, and quite possibly will not see another century.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
tarring and feathering all the politicians and riding them out of town on a rail or making them ruck up and fight their own damn wars would be a good start at fixing things ...
edit on 27/8/13 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join