It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima now in state of emergency, leaking 300 tons of radioactive water into the ocean daily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Japan’s nuclear watchdog has now declared the leak of radioactive water from Fukushima a “state of emergency.” Each day, 300 tons of radioactive water seeps into the ocean, and it’s now clear that TEPCO has engage in a two-and-a-half-year cover-up of immense magnitude.

“I believe it’s been leaking into the ocean from the start of the crisis two-and-a-half years ago,” disclosed a 12-year TEPCO veteran named Suzuki-san (SOURCE)

“There are still reactor buildings we haven’t gotten into yet,” said another worker named Fujimoto-san. “So there’s always the possibility of another explosion…”
TEPCO workers sprayed with wildly radioactive water while waiting for a bus

Just how out of control is the situation at Fukushima? It’s so out of control that TEPCO recently had to admit 10 of its workers were somehow — yeah, see if you can figure this out — sprayed with highly radioactive water while waiting for a bus.

“The workers’ exposure above the neck was found to be as much as 10 becquerels per square centimeter,” reports Bloomberg.com

How exactly did highly radioactive water manage to find its way to a bus stop in the first place? TEPCO isn’t sure. It’s confusing with all those radiation alarms going off all the time. In order to concentrate, the company has found it’s easier to just disable all the alarms and pretend nothing’s wrong.

Wow, its been leaking the whole time. Something tells me we have no idea what the implications of this are. How do we handle this?

The U.S. government, of course, plays along with the charade because its own top weapons manufacturer — General Electric — designed and built the Fukushima Daiichi power plant in the first place.

Wow. I don't even know what to think.

At the bottom of the article they list their sources of information. Hang in there this may be a wild ride...

Source

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Dont worry, just paint your windows white and hide under the kitchen table, it'll all be ok. [ /sarcasm off]

I wonder if we should have radiation monitors to use when we go shopping?
Just imagine a shoal of fish that swam through those waters ending up on our dinner plates!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am not a religious man by any means but...I have never seen so many parts of revelations coming into reality as I do right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Oh i do eat a lot of sushie... hmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by VoidHawk

Oh i do eat a lot of sushie... hmmm

Oh YUCK!! I hate that stuff

Shrimps Prawns and good old British fish and chips is as close as I go to sea food.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
10 becquerels per square centimeter oh no , that's like 1 pCi per square inch . If you cant tell that's sarcasm ! We don't really care about that unless its above 10 pCi . I know you really don't know what these letters or numbers mean otherwise these post would stop . Not to minimize the contamination over there but come on you are not going to die or grow another eyeball , it doesn't work that way . Radiation exposure mutates on a cellular level ! It doesn't grow limbs or other features . I work for the Dept. of Defense in a nuclear navy yard so I have some background in this and I receive constant training to clean up spills and work in radiation areas. I have made comments on here in the past and I have received the typical smarta$$ responses as to my credibility . So take it all for what its worth , its bad for the Japanese but not so much us . We will be fine , its a massive ocean folks . I don't typically respond to these post as you get the know it all people who have to chime in with their halfwit comments on things they have no background on. I am not going to argue with cheeto finger halfwits . Sorry if I come off a little gruff but there are tons of post about this . Have a good day .

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by letseeit7
cheeto finger halfwits

Personally, I call them Ronald McDonald Dorrito breath.. But we are all entitled to our own opinion ^^

So.. Like what type of solution is there to even fix this Fukushima mess?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

That is a good question , Russians used concrete , bury it if they can . It will be hot for more than our lifetime ! I don't know really what is the safest way . The Japanese are screwed as they eat everything in the ocean so they contaminated their food supply . I travel there for work or I used to . Not sure I will volunteer for the next trip . I had co-workers that were there when it happened and the whole ship got crapped up . They all had to go for internal monitoring when they got back . Lucky for them they came out clean but two carriers had contamination all over the flight decks. Soap and water washed over the deck . We did detect levels here in Washington but it has gone back to normal . I don't mind answering question about this but there are some thing s I can not or will not talk about . It could cost me my job . And just FYI cesium decays by the hour its not a long term thing , so when you hear people talk about just know its more out of fear not knowledge .
edit on 27-8-2013 by letseeit7 because: grammer correction (Really I need to list a reason to edit , really ?)

new topics

top topics

join