It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music/lyrics, and hidden messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Does anyone here believe music, can be written with meaning, not know by the writer, and can possibly hold crypt messages, again with the writer of said music/lyrics being unaware what they have even written?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Possibly most of the music on commercial radio nowadays was written to make money and to be popular --- however, the hidden meaning/messages within the music being processed today makes me want to grab an icepick and puncture my own eardrums out!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Not only possible or probable but actual. Backmasking is when backwards messages are put into music deliberately,however there is also reverse speech. Reverse speech is when people unknowingly embed their own speech with backwards messages. Lots of info and youtube videos about both.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

Some musicians don't wanna directly come out and say exactly what they meant while they were writing a song. Instead of telling you what they meant, they would rather let the listener interpret it in their own way. Doing that can allow the listener to become more attached to a song, and be connected to it on a more personal emotional level.

Usually, I do try to determine the accurate lyrics, and also usually try to figure out what they meant. Sometimes however, I'm pretty sure that I don't even wanna know what the lyrics meant to the person who wrote them, because my own interpretation is much of the reason for why I have such a strong connection to that song.

edit on 8/26/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You are all going to think I am crazy...I know...but my Dad brought me up listening to Genesis (The GOOD Genesis, with Peter Gabriel
)

I listen to the Foxtrot album all the time, I cant help...think there is more to this album, than just...music.

If you have never heard it...I actually ask, that you take 52mins of your time, and listen to it, if it isnt your thing...try to just take one for the team....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think it is more intentional or for a better word synchronized.

These 2 songs are from my point of view a hello message for those who can understand the message.

This message is from two other ones who is clearly pissed at the lack of progress.

Hidden in plain sight.
. Do you see the connection?

edit on 26-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I grew up 10 mins away from Solsbury Hill..I used to jump the fence, climb to the top and listen to this Gabriel Song for hours.....I KNOW...KNOW there is something more in it....

Thank you for your insight and thoughts

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I grew up 10 mins away from Solsbury Hill..I used to jump the fence, climb to the top and listen to this Gabriel Song for hours.....I KNOW...KNOW there is something more in it....

Thank you for your insight and thoughts

If you don't see where I am going with this....I really believe Gabriel may write songs, unconsciously with meanings....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

That reminds me of that YouTube vid from Alex Jones called "The Obama Deception" in which the words spoken by Obama: "yes we can" was interpreted to mean "thank you satan" when played backwards.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i think that one way to recognize truly sincere music is when the mood of the song and the lyrics (if there are any) can take on different meaning when and where you hear it. Being a musician myself, i've found that when i just write a song without thinking about it too much and trying to tweak the structure "to perfection", it often starts with one layer and then by the time i have it recorded, i can hear my own work in many different ways; many of which were not originally intended but seem to always expand the impact and meaning rather than contradict it.
i suppose this could be the result of the subconscious or synchronicity, but even so.. i think meaning and purpose are as valuable as they are useful, so the artist's original intent really doesn't matter..

just trust your intuition!

-St1

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's entirely possible, because music is one of the few things in this world that get's the attention of most people. Often, listening to what is going on in the background is just as important as the lyrics (several songs come to mind where the lyrics are calm, peaceful, and serene; listen to the noise in the background, and it paints a different picture). I wish I could find a non-poetical example, but there is a "style" of music that takes two completely different songs, and merges them together into one song - Song A's lyrics blend into Song B's, but each are their own story. Don't know what it's called off the top of my head, but imagine - Song A is about rising up, being a nonconformist, and Song B is about bowing down, obeying society, being "one of us" (hang on, I better copyright this before someone steals my idea).

As another musician (brass player), I can tell you this: I'm telling a story with what I play. In a sense, all of the music that I do is one big hidden message. When the melodies soar, I'm expressing the joy and happiness when times are great, and when they lament, the not so happy. When I bring you to tears, it's not because the playing is bad, but because you are feeling the pain that I felt when the event happened, or the love that occurred from some small action that was done. However, most people that have heard me play see it as music, and nothing more. If you're connecting with the listener, then I'd classify that as subliminal.

-fossilera

new topics

top topics

join