It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Interesting,

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russian a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Things are really starting to move now, however this part raises some serious questions !

“I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,”

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well this will be a interesting turn of event's, the saudi's have what advantage if the russians do go along with the oil deal?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well Saudi and the UK/USA have a very strong bond over the last decades, the Saudis will take a hit on it but stay on good terms with the overbearing pressure from USAUK

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not much of a secret if Americans on the internet know it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Is there anything left for them to find out?

They probably have bugs planted on the moon and know what i ate for breakfast.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i'll bet mister poetin said the magic words...... "ROTFL"

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Saudis want their proxies in charge of syria. Its the Shia / Sunni thing.

Effectively a bribe (with a bit of implied threat) for the Russians to throw Assad under the bus.

It hasn't happened so presumably they were told to 'pound sand' in whatever the russian equivalent is.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Do you really think one of the most powerful countries in the world is going to barter a deal with the Saudis? hahahaha

Come on now... we're talking about Russia here they're not stupid to accept threats and bribes. They seem to commit their stance in backing up little Syria and Assad.

They no its a big False Flag right up there with the highest and they know what the US is trying to do what they did in Libya and so many other Middle East countries and it could open the doors to a even bigger conflict with Iran. Israel is itching to go to war with them anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
reply to post by justwokeup

Do you really think one of the most powerful countries in the world is going to barter a deal with the Saudis? hahahaha

I'm not sure if you know how silly that sounds.

The USA has been "bartering deals" with the saudis for a long time. For all intents and purposes the USA is more powerful a nation than Russia, in population, economy, military, world influence, etc.

Considering saudis are US backed they could very well be speaking from a position of power greater than russia.

Going a bit further the deal makes sense for both parties. Russia doesn't want to loose Syria because then Europe could move away from Russian energy exports. If you think the US is the only nation that plays gi joe around the world to protect it's economic interests you are dead wrong. Russia wants Syria intact so as to maintain Russia's energy exports to Europe. There are other factors involved, but if Russia could be made assurances to maintain their energy exports to Europe it would take away a huge part of the sting that loosing syria would be.

edit on 26-8-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If Russia bailed on one of its long term allies how would other allies see this ? I know I would be thinking how fickle are the Russians to dump us as well ? To ditch an Ally is a very big move even if it is a small tin pot country like Syria.
edit on 26-8-2013 by mazzroth because: typo's

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully

From the Saudi perspective the whole game is about knocking out the Shia wherever they are in control (like Syria) and creating a Sunni Caliphate with a Saudi royal as Caliph. That's what it is all about from the narrow-minded Wahhabi Saudi royal family point of view.

For the Qatari it has more to do with business matters and building a pipeline through Syria ... a pipeline the Saudis will nix if the Russians will just stop backing Assad. UK and USA citizens really do not understand the depth of Sunni hate for the Shia. It is a hate that is even greater than financial profit.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nice to know at least one terrorist group that they operate. Gotta be a few more.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Prince Bandar has quite a relationship with the bush family. I believe George Bush Sr. called him "Bandar Bush". During the his presidency he was granted unlimited access directly to Bush Sr. If i am not mistaken the prince facilitated Bush Jr.'s initial Oil Venture.

@20:30 is where the reference to Bandar is made. If you have time this a great CBC documentary connecting the bush family to their Saudi friends

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
If Russia bailed on one of its long term allies how would other allies see this ? I know I would be thinking how fickle are the Russians to dump us as well ? To ditch an Ally is a very big move even if it is a small tin pot country like Syria.
edit on 26-8-2013 by mazzroth because: typo's

they've already done that once, 1999 Serbia

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Allies? I seriously doubt the bond is that tight. Try business partners, a better or more lucrative deal comes along and the partnership dissolves, that's business. Allies would mean they are working toward the same goals in world affairs, and work together to achieve those goals, they up lift each other by way of aid, defend and freely trade with each other, it is not a one sided affair... once sided aid and defense, is to protect business interests and have leverage if the need arises. Now ask yourself, allies or business partners?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The house of Saud is as manipulative as the USA/Russia when it comes to stirring the global pot.
They sell oil to the West,claim to be our ally,but arm and fund extremists at the same time.
Lovely people..
Mind you they were trained and funded by the best in the bizz-the USA and UK.

I am getting rapidly sick of my species.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
Interesting,

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russian a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria.

If it is secret how do we know about it....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm sure Russia would love to control the global oil trade, who wouldn't? I honestly believe Russia would much rather have revenge against the US Dollar.

Seems the world is against OPEC .... trying to break up the oil monopoly.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Russia is in competition with the Saudis and they only make deals when it is in their best interest. They need all the cronies they can get, besides they bought allot of weapons from Russia including the chemical ones.

It is going to be very interesting to see what Russia does.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

join