It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instantaneous Synchronicity: Proof of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have an interesting phenomena that happened to me long ago when I was 17, (and still does if I am "in the zone") which is deep and personal, and for the first time I am going to try and discuss it to gain some insight and opinions on this matter. The biggest question I have always had about our existence is if there is indeed a God or higher power, whatever you want to call it. So one night, while deep in thought, I honestly challenged in my mind to God, that if he does indeed exist, to prove it to me in a way that I could believe beyond any doubt, for sure, once and for all.

Well, not long after that, the following happened to me. AS YOU READ THIS PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO EVENTS THAT HAPPEN AROUND YOU. SOUNDS, NOISES, HOUSE CREEKING, ANYTHING YOU WANT. IT IS NOT THE EVENT, BUT THE TIMING OF THE EVENT AGAINST YOUR THOUGHTS THAT I AM TRYING TO GET YOU TO SEE WITH THIS ARTICLE.

Way back in senior high school, I had a close friend. We would get together nearly everyday for many years to do all the things that boys do at that age. Out of the blue one day, he told me that he wanted to take me to an abandoned house, and that he had learned something that would prove the existence of God or some kind of higher power. Having no reason to distrust him, and being the adventuorous type, I said sure.

So we proceed up to this creepy looking abandoned place, and he led me inside through a back basement door. Inside, the place was dusty, had cobwebs, and clearly had not been occupied in a very, very long time. He told me that he had been coming to this place for quite a while by himself, and that every time he was here, he would get immediate reactions to his thoughts from physical events. (Uh oh, here come the goose bumps as I write this). He, like me, had an inquisitive mind, and would often wonder about big, hard to answer questions like "Is there a God, and how could it be proven?"

I'll never forget this, and wrote it down, so now I am going to get into what actually happened once we were inside. We sat down on the floor, backs leaning up against a wall, on a spot which he had dusted off. He said, "ok the first thing you should know is that there are invisible forces..."

At that exact instant, on the word "forces", before he could finish his sentance, the house creeked mysteriously. He said "You see? This is what I am talking about. I can start thinking thoughts, and it appears that on the most critical thoughts, physical events happen as if to confirm..." At that exact instant, on the word "confirm", a very large, loud truck passed by outside, shaking the house a bit. "You see?" he said.

I'm like "man you are nuts, that's just sheer coincidence." And he says, "Well that's what I thought at first too. But once this happens to you thousands and thousands of times, you start to realize that it CAN'T..." Several dogs all started barking at once, at the same exact moment, too, on the word "CAN'T", before he could finish his sentance. ..."CAN'T be just
coincidence," he continued. "You see, the thing is, you have to be paying attention..." Out of nowhere a loud siren from an ambulance wizzed by right on the word "attention"... "paying attention to it in order to notice it." Again, the house creeked mysteriously at the exact instant he finished the thought.

At this point, I started to see what he was talking about, and the principal of what he was saying, but I still thought it was just random coincidence. Since I had known him for years, and trusted him, I said "Well why haven't you mentioned this to me before?" He said "Well, this is something I had to be sure..." Thunder hit exactly on the word "sure", and it was cloudy outside. ..."had to be sure of, before I said anything to anyone. I have been coming here since I was in 8th grade (we were both now in 12th grade), and never really had anyone I could trust enough to talk about this with until now. Over the years I have been coming back here to see if it keeps happening..." Zoom, a car speeds by, almost like way too fast, on the word "happening". ..."to see if it keeps happening the same way" he continued. You did catch that car, right?" "Yeah," I said, now fully engrossed in this. "Good, that's cause you were paying attention." Neighborhood dogs again, all barked at once on the word attention.

He continued, "You see, I think I have finally proven..." Thunder again, right on the word "proven"... ..."proven the existence of some kind of controlling force..." Whabam, a bolt of lightning hit not too far away, extremely loud on "force"... "the existence of some kind of controlling force that ties your thought events..." Thunder again, exactly on the word
"events"..."that ties your thoughts events to physical events. (At this point it was storming outside).

Well, at this point, totally in awe of what was happening, but still highly doubtful, I said "So if this is true..." At that instant on the word "true" a drop of water from the leaking roof hit me on the head, which startled the hell out of me. He just looked at me and smiled. "I am not kidding about this," he said. " It is indeed the truth..." wham, thunder again exactly on
"truth"... He glanced up and just smiled at me. "what were you gonna say?" he asked. I said "So if this is true, it would happen everywhere..." Another siren happened off in the distance on "everywhere"... "It
would happen everywhere, not just here." He said, "Well guess what? It does.." The house again creeked, right on cue, on "does". "It does happen everywhere, I just like to come back here cause it is mostly pretty quiet and I can tune in..." A drop of water hit his arm on right on cue, and he looked at it then looked at me and continued, "I can tune in better here."

He said, "Any place you go, you can see this in action, through events, people's reactions, noises, and all kinds of stuff. The problem is that it is very hard..." Dog barks again on "hard"... "...hard to maintain your
attention on this while out in the real world, because there are so many distractions that take your attention away from it..." Right on cue, on the word "it" another boom from a lightning bolt not too far away. "Here,
let's go down to the convenience store, and I'll show you."

So we walked in the rain down to the local convenience
store, where there was a video game room, and where we
hung out a lot. All along the way I kept thinking different things about this, and true to form, the whole way there, on any especially "important" thought, different things would happen, right on cue. I was "in
the zone." When we got there, another friend of mine
said hi and we started talking. I forgot about what we
had come for, completely engrossed in the conversation
with my friend. After about 5 minutes or so he left, and
I turned back to Mr. Coincidence, who was over eying a
few video games. He looked at me and said, "See? you
totally forgot about it." At that exact instant, a loud noise emanated from one of the video game machines, drawing my attention back to "the zone". I looked around and for a second my eyes focused on the attendant behind the counter as I thought "man this is wild." Right on
cue, the attendant reached up almost by some strange reflex and scratched his head at the exact time the thought word "wild" had completed in my head. To him he was just scratching his head. But to me, that little scratch had new meaning, because of the exact time that
it occurred.

"It's hard to pay attention to this all the time," my buddy said. I can only maintain it for short periods, but the more I do it, the easier it gets, and the longer it lasts." Honk, goes a car horn out front, right on cue.

Over the weeks, months and years that followed, I lived my life pretty much as always, but with the newfound knowledge that something did indeed exist that had the power to tie two otherwise insignificant events together at the exact same moment in time. Given the almost impossible statistical probabilty for this to occur in a random universe, it did indeed prove to me, over and over again, that something was out there doing it.
Whenever I get in the zone, it happens without question. Getting in the zone is as simple as just paying attention to your environment while you are wondering about deep subjects. The real problem comes though, when
you try to use the events themselves in some way to confirm or deny what you are thinking.

THIS IS A BAD MISTAKE, AND I STRONGLY CAUTION ANYONE PURSUING THIS TO AVOID THIS MISTAKE. EXAMPLE: YOU ARE IN THE ZONE AND THINKING "MAN, SHOULD I REALLY TAKE THIS JOB? AND RIGHT
THEN A CAR HORN OR SOMETHING GOES OFF. LET ME REMIND YOU
THAT THIS ONLY PROVES THAT SOMETHING TIED THE TIMING OF THE CAR HORN EVENT TO YOUR THOUGHT, AND DOES NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. I REPEAT, DO NOT BE MISLED, AND USE THIS KNOWLEDGE TO CONFIRM OR DENY ANY THOUGHT. I FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY, AND YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME BECAUSE OF IT. All it does is confirm that something out there IS DOING
IT.

Has this happened to any one else out there? Your thoughts and opinions, please?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I can somewhat confirm what you are talking about. I can recall 2 instances where this had happened.

The first is when I was a little boy, my family and I were camping. My father was tending the campfire and we were sitting just chit-chatting. My dad being the loving father that he was, decided to emobolster my self worth.

He told me how special I was, and upon completing the word special within moments the fire crumbled a little both visually and auditorialy.

Another instance just a few weeks ago. I recently had many family members pass on. All of them lived in my house. My family are avid Red Sox fans. I being excited about the world series win, was running amuck around the house cheering to myself and what not.

Knowing that there is something more to this world than just what our 5 or 6 senses depending on what you believe, can percieve, I yelled up the stairs to where my Great Uncle, and my Aunt used to have bedrooms.

I yelled up, The Red Sox WON! The Red Sox won the World Series! At that moment I was at the landing at the bottom of the stairs by our front door. I was not on the body of the stairs or touching them in any way. So when I yelled this upstairs. The stairs creaked as if weight had been put upon one of the upper steps.

So in my mind, I can confirm to some extent that what you say is indeed correct. I'd like to chalk it up to coincidence, but I know better. Nothing in this world is coincidental, everything happens for a reason.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, it is a strange phenomena, and I hope people here don't think I am coo coo.

It's hard to put a finger on, so to speak, and it won't happen at every little thought of the day. Will be much more noticeable if you are in a quieter spot, and are actually "paying attention" to it, and on more important thoughts, especially thoughts about god and the universe. It's like you really have to be looking for it, contemplating, meditating, and thinking all at once. But it is there. It will take a few minutes of seeking it before you actually "sync up," and start to notice some events that will almost appear to confirm your important thoughts. I stress again, however, remember my warning.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I dont think you're coo coo, I just think you're looking for patterns that dont really exist. Thats how our brain works, its a pattern seeking lump of tissue. Funny too, how a God would confirm his existence through trivial patterns and coincidences. Anyways, I think its just confirmation bias, you know, you buy a red car and then suddenly EVERYONE has a red car, those bastards.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very very interesting....

Im gonna try to do this myself sometime, but it's kinda hard to find a quiet place around this world. To many distractions.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perhaps not proof of God, but proof of Something (which is already better than Nothing).

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oh I see.

God is cueing people so they can "get back to their senses" and stop distracting themselves with manmade distractions.

On typing the word "cue" the furnace went on. Cool!

So, pay attention!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TrueAmerican: First off, that was a very well-written article. Thanks for contributing one of the better reads I have found today on ATS.

I am coming to believe that there are no coincidences, and it seems you may be as well. My caution in this matter is to avoid jumping to conclusions about what "coincidences" may actually mean.

In meditation, I have come to postulate that coincidences are actually some form of communication. However, the exact nature and purpose of such communication is still unknown to me (and everyone else, for that matter).

Thus to draw conclusions about coincidences without knowing what they actually are is likely to result in error.

I haven't found evidence suggesting that coincidences prove the existence of "God" per se, or the existence of anything really -- they may just be products of our own imaginations.

But even imagination is rooted in memory, and all perceptions are based on reality at some level of abstraction, so waving off coincidences without investigation resolves nothing.

My advice, as always, is to look within, meditate on your experiences, see if you find some answers, and be as skeptical as hell about everything.

You may be surprised at how well this approach works.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
TrueAmerican I like your story. I read it last night before I logged off and watched a few minutes of television before going to bed.
Well as I was watching the news, my mind started wandering to thoughts about spirituality and the existence of God (not surpriseing after reading or contributeing to some of the threads on here), anyway I decided to try to get in the zone you speak of. I chose to think about a white horse and concentrated on that thought. Well after only about a minute of me thinking about a white horse, the news started showing upcomeing things they were reporting on. One was a polo event and they flashed a picture of woman dressed for polo on a beautiful white horse.
Scared me just little... It was so unexpected.
Is this how these things work? And no I don't think you're crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I totally follow this and beleive it to be true, as they say God works in mysterious ways. You can even apply this to what goes around comes around. When you truely do good things for your environment and the people around you. It comes back to you in mysterious ways. I believe this theory also applies to when you are contemplating a friend in a deep thought then suddenly they call you up or you cross paths. There are millions of these synchronizations occuring all the time, just half the people are too blind to notice.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am glad that at least some of you are open to what I am saying. Yes the white horse event is a type of example. If you read my entire post, and my warning, you will see that I am very well aware of not drawing any other type of conclusions from this other than THERE IS SOMETHING DOING IT. THAT'S IT. That is the point. Now, how is it that all these coincidences can continue to happen exactly on cue when you are in "the zone" and paying attention to it? BECAUSE SOMETHING IS COORDINATING THEM. And I'll bet you, in your own reality, right now, as you read that line, something happened around you as you completed that thought. It could have been a noise. It could have been your mother calling suddenly. Anything like that. Remember, it is not the event itself, BUT THE TIMING of them, coordinated to match up exactly at the same time in the space continuem(spelling?). Anyway, this is the point. If you seek, you shall find. And actually, if you think about, it is extremely clever of God, the higher power, or whatever you choose to call it, to be acknowledged in such a remote type of way. Of course, what else could you expect out of the creator of the universe?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I know this sounds alittle far fetched too but having the believe that there is this strange connection can be applied to your luck. I know it has been learned that luck can be predicted through probability but not through everyday situations when there is a million different influences effecting the outcome.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes, it is physically TRUE: "what you get is what you expect to get."

This has been the physicist's dilemma for a long time.

It's also the curse of poverty, disease and misfortune.

In academia we called it,"The Pygmalion Effect."

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Emily, interesting. I saw your post above. You noticed the furnace cutting on right when you typed the word "cue". It's just a coincidence

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have to say, that despite the "Deny Ignorance" motto, not much is being denied...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the including the warning in your post . I too believed that everyday situations where somehow linked to my thinking.

However I took it way to far. I was caught in a phase where everything had some kind of meaning. It took over my life and I could not function normal anymore. A cough by someone was enough to take over whole my thinking about what it would mean. I went to doctors and they gave me a neutral vision of my thinking. Now I don't believe that things are linked to my thinking, you have the stream of the outside world, and the stream of your inside world. And they both efect each other, but not in such ways that there are signals like a car passing by. There are so many things happening outside and you are constantly thinking, coincidence is always possible. It's like when you think about a friend and than he calls, they have calculated that it statisticly possible to encounter such things.

Anyway, I didn't write this to brake down your theory, cause I do believe in God. But I have an own defenition of it. Maybe we can talk about that in an other discussion.

Greetz

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I like your meaning of life; only I add a thought:

"Staying alive until you get to do something truly interesting"

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I thought it was just me.

I thought I was the master of the universe or somthing, being able to control my physical enviroment by just thinking about it.

I can make things happen.. I mean it litrally.

What's more I have further proof of somthing strange afoot in our so called evolved univese.

But have any of you seen the same people in your life again and again, they are strangers but you know they are the same people. I mean I see the same person everyday, but in random events, they are not friends they are just people.

I feel like Trueman in the trueman show.

Is any of this make sence to anyone?

Tim,

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Aside from seeing a UFO when I was in my teens, this experience is definately the most interesting, most personal deep experience I have continually had in my life whenever I look for it. For me, it proves what I needed to know. Once you do this for years, and you see that it is consistent, you eventually realize through continual proof that SOMETHING SOMEWHERE is doing it. And that, again, is where the value lies in this topic.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yes, I keep running into the soul mates of other people I "know," and they are the same spirits in different bodies.

A good friend of mine in West Virginia [photographer] is the same as the Vicar of our Church here in Texas--same guy, different incarnation.

When I lived in California, people kept coming up to me and telling me their physical complaints, until I realized there was a nurse there who was the same soul group as I am; so people could not tell us apart even though there are marked physical differences.

Two of my sons look so much like their grandfather [my own bio-father] that my birth mother's writing the wrong name on my birth certificate became very obvious to me--because my sons' similarity to my real birth family has increased over the years until--clearly--Mom lied. My sons look exactly like photos of their ancestors at the turn of the last century; and the odd thing is, they ACT LIKE THEM too.

I'm led to see that what is physical appearance is but a part of the totality of a person's identity. Their spirit [electronic template] actually has more to do with who they are than their physical body does.

But, this must sound very confusing and odd to most people. Kapitch?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join