It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Birth-Control Shot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

apnews.myway.com...
WASHINGTON (AP) - The world of male contraception has been limited to condoms and vasectomies. But researchers now point to a new method that shows promise - a shot that prompts an immune reaction to a protein produced in the male reproductive system.

The method worked in experiments on male monkeys, most of which regained their fertility when the treatments were stopped, researchers report in Thursday's issue of the journal Science.

Nice! This seems a bit less risky than birth control pills in women, and it would be nice if the guy got to spring for the monthly perscription once in a while. Anyhow, this possibility not using hormones might decrease risks associated with messing with your hormones. In women, its risk of stroke, clots, high blood pressure... Not sure what this might be in men with hormone birth control.

Can't wait to hear more about it!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Even when it sounds like a good thing most males think themselves to superior to take something like this seriously I remember after having my second child I asked my husband to have a vasectomy. He may me felt like I was asking him to cut Mr. happy off.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wonder how they're going to persuade guys to take the thing.

Remember that vasectomies are often reversable and much less invastive than sterilization done on women... but ther are far fewer vasectomies than tube-tyings.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey if it ever becomes available I wouldn't have a problem with taking it if it's proven safe. This is good news if it works.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's about time.I really hope that it works and that men make use of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My boys would just laugh at this silly attempt at stopping them from their destination. They are like mini versions of me, very stubborn and trained to overcome obstacles and get through a NBC environment to reach their objective.

top topics

join