It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there more media coverage for Chelsea Manning than what Bradley Manning actually did?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bradley Manning. A 25 year old soldier who has been in the middle of a huge controversy based on the alleged violations of the Espionage Act. Before the trial, you rarely saw anything in the MSM on this. A small story here or maybe a post from Assange. Opinion pieces or articles from what the current admin would describe as right wing nuts. They were there but not at the top.

This person created the largest leak of restricted information ever. Ever. In light of the Snowden case which has also gone dark in the MSM it is a matter of not letting the common person know what is going on. What was released. Arab Spring implications. Just that it was sensitive info. However, again it is not in the forefront or a lead story. Trayvon was. Paula Dean was. The MSM makes sure to report that the president has Jay Z at the white house or Mrs Obama is cutting a rap album but nothing on Manning. Nothing.

Until we suddenly find out that he is a woman. Transgendered. Now just a few weeks after the trial there is little and less about what she did. Little about the sentencing and the 30 years she is facing. However there is a distraction and deflection to make the common person not look further into the what and why of the released documents. What affect it had not only to further policy making to have our own people spy on each other but what occurred around the globe when these dirty secrets got out.

The government does not want you to know about what Manning did, they want you to start arguing over gender and gay rights and Chick-Fil-A while they continue to strip your rights one piece at a time. Wake up America, please wake up.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Because a conversation about gender identity, never ends with people going to jail for war crimes.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Probably involves a negative mental image type approach to the public. Like what they did to Whitey Bulger while he was on the run. The media released that he was a gay cross dresser. I'm pretty sure they did this to get him to speak out against it to find him but that didn't work. It's kind of immature but this is the gubment we are talking about

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Because there has to be several crazy media stories right now to divide our attentions away from the NSA...

Think about that for a while.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's even confusing listening to the interviews.

He did stuff, and she did stuff, like he/she is two different people

The don't even know what to call him/her

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I'll believe he's transgender when two things happen. First, BRADLEY serves his sentence as set in the MENS prison he is trying anything humanly possibly to avoid serving in. I understand his motives...but I wouldn't entertain them for a moment.

Then I'd want to confirm he had the full psych workups and interview process which comes with gender reassignment and the start of that process outside mere talk. Again...in about 35 years or when he gets out some other way. Whichever comes first.

Until then, Bradley can say whatever he'd like to say. I really don't care because I'm not in the market to buy B.S.. Does he have a motive to become a girl for it's own sake? Well...not unless he LIKES serving the hardest time imaginable ....unless he figures it buys him a ticket to the women's side ....and just how many prisons for Military females do we have, anyway? There must be at least one long term facility with beds by now, isn't there?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Propaganda to steer the public in a particular direction in accordance with an Agenda.

This is my opinion, expressed a few days ago.........

Whether s/he wants to be called Chelsea, Breanna or Bradley does not detract from the FACT that elements within the US Military mowed down humans like it was an X-Box game, that the US government lied to the WORLD about the extent of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan, lied about what was going on in Guantanamo and showed the US's true colours regarding private stances of allied nations which differed from public comments about them

What Bradley Manning Leaked

Remember this..........

The most important video showed an U.S. Army Apache helicopter in Iraq firing on a group of people who turned out to include journalists from Reuters. The video was edited by WikiLeaks and called “Collateral Murder.” In Pfc. Manning’s trial, the defense and prosecution have offered different theories of when the video was sent to WikiLeaks. Pfc. Manning’s lawyers have said the material in the video had been previously released to the public; prosecutors said that militants could learn about American military tactics by watching the video.

Now, the government have stepped their game up BIG TIME to distract the public and showcase Manning as a mental case, focusing in on his gender identity issues hoping we will forget why he is there in the first place.

Propaganda...........hide your scum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23/8/13 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because its a distraction from the real issue of him going to jail for being a whistle blower.

The MSN will pump its out , the sheeple will lap it up and argue about it until they are so sick of hearing his name they wont even remember that a guy from a democratic country went to jail for exposing war crimes.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
nice one OP!

I was gonna make a thread like this an hour ago, on top of my thread yesterday about the BBC's coverage of this story.

Chelsea? Wierd right? I mean for him to come out with this *right now*.
I'm sure he wouldn't do that to him self - as Tenth pointed out - it's a distraction.

As a silly move, we can presume Manning himself is not behind this.. If the allegations/statements are true, I'm pretty sure he's been persuaded to announce them like *this* at *this* time.

I for one think he has been influenced. He was victim of torture and mind control techniques in custody - FORGET THAT NOT.

If the story is not invented, I'd at least bet it has been taken (forced) out of context.

Why would he publicly injure himself so?...

Not that I'm bothered either way, but we know the masses are.
edit on 23-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Because the corporate media is the 5th branch of government, right after the "Federal Reserve".

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You could not write this stuff any better. Sometimes I swear they have George Lucas, Quentin T, Woody Allen, Spike Lee and Tom Clancy in a room churning this out. Great responses also.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Because the media is obsessed with whats between someones legs and what they do with it than whats going on in the brain.

top topics

join