It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Patriots, we've lost.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Gawd, I hate computers.

It's time to honestly assess where the nation is at, politically, the overwhelming barriers to even slowing down the path it's on, never mind reversing it.

The grand experiment that is this union has failed.

I assign no blame, other than to ourselves, as this doesn't fix anything. Our options are few and not very palatable.

There's emigration, nowhere of any size left to go, even if they'd have us. We could do it by scattering like others have. Becoming a pilgrim on some tropical island, living off the land. Perhaps a Costa Rica where the spooks have bought into the local juntas and offer some form of lifestyle in return.

Rebellion? Hmm,... too much collateral damage, even if we could win, which is highly doubtful. The nation couldn't survive it. The infrastructure is too fragile.

The only out I can see is dissolving the Union. A peaceful, relatively speaking, agreement to disagree letting the libs have their portions and the conservatives/patriots have theirs.

For the purposes of definition and clarity, I define a patriot as one who's loyalty is to the original constitution and precepts thereof. If there are libs that are insulted by that, well offense intended.

Obviously, there are many problems to overcome going that route. So I ask you, is this even worthy of consideration? Are there enough among us to even discuss those options, possibilities and downsides?

OR should I just shut the **** up on this?

edit on 23-8-2013 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't keep up with sport, who did they play?
edit on 23-8-2013 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
I don't keep up with sport, who did they play?
edit on 23-8-2013 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

I think OP means just having Tebow on the team equates to an auto-loss.

Anyway on topic, things are changing in the country, however not all of it is terrible. Try to be optimistic and see the positives along with the negatives in terms of the changes the nation is going through.
edit on 8/23/2013 by Pistoche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Originally posted by nwtrucker

Well said?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

edit on 23-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The only out I can see is dissolving the Union. A peaceful, relatively speaking, agreement to disagree letting the libs have their portions and the conservatives/patriots have theirs.

For the purposes of definition and clarity, I define a patriot as one who's loyalty is to the original constitution and precepts thereof. If there are libs that are insulted by that, well offense intended.

Reading that I have a question. Don't you think that you may be part of the problem?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sigh, somehow, I erase my opening statement and the thread title posts. freaking machine is evil.LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The flags are obviously from Liberals....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The post points out your ideological blind spot. Actually more of a delusion.

You have the gall to presume you own the sole definition of Patriot and break the world into binary libs and noble patriots. Well then, everything is neat and easy to categorize isn't it? Time to take bold action now that everything is correctly broken down to binary categories.

You are well suited to be a soldier. Stand by for your orders while others do the thinking.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

OK, I will cede the possibility that being older and perhaps a fouler mood has me thinking negatively.

Then cite those "positives".

Oh sure, the collapse of the "evil U.S." will result in world-wide peace and harmony and everyone will live happily ever after....ya sure...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Patriots are the "new terrorists"
Didnt you get the memo?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I have gall. Yessir!

As I said "insult intended".

I see a fundamental difference between the two "camps". No commonality, by observation, seems to overcome the differences.

I allow those of different views to flourish...ON THEIR OWN.

If there's enough lack of blindness on your part to allow us the same right to flourish.

The easiest way I see that is to segregate, to separate, peacefully.

Perhaps I am wrong. That's why I pose the idea.

Attack as you will. A real response would be appreciated...assuming you have any.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Explain that.

Your response that I am the problem fits the liberal viewpoint which I can see as the problem just as glibly as you do of me, apparently.

The concept I suggest allows both to co-exist.

How terrible of me....

edit on 23-8-2013 by nwtrucker because: grammar error

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Explain that.

Your response that I am the problem fits the liberal viewpoint which I can see as the problem just as glibly as you do of me, apparently.

The concept I suggest allows both to co-exist.

How terrible of me....

edit on 23-8-2013 by nwtrucker because: grammar error

Easy. You point out, wrongly, that only conservatives are patriots. Then you go on to intentionally insult them. I'd say that that is part of the problem. Sure as hell isn't a solution and the separate living is childish imo. It's like, "I'm taking my ball and going home."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Perhaps, your view of a patriot is just different than mine.

I have mine, which I stand by, and you have yours.

Perhaps that's why a dissolving of the Union is worth considering. Maybe I should have used Conservative or Constitutionalist,

Again, I find your response glib.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Rebellion? Hmm,... too much collateral damage, even if we could win, which is highly doubtful. The nation couldn't survive it. The infrastructure is too fragile.

I am sure the founding fathers faced detractors such as yourself.

"Its too dangerous"

"Its too risky"

Etc.

The system still can work, if only we could find some unity in this country we could make the changes we needed to through the processes laid out to us in the Constitution and Bill of rights.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Perhaps, your view of a patriot is just different than mine.

I have mine, which I stand by, and you have yours.

Perhaps that's why a dissolving of the Union is worth considering. Maybe I should have used Conservative or Constitutionalist,

Again, I find your response glib.

Do you know what "glib" means?

If that view(wrong by any standards) yours then why don't you just move out of society. Problem solved. Now THAT was "glib."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Post Script. I case you don't get the "Glib", saying it's "childish" fits that.

Divorce isn't childish. Irreconcilable differences aren't childish. They are unfortunate facts of life.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, ignore one's personal points of personal integrity, one's beliefs and ideals. Succumb, accept...

Let one's children be educated in values you do not believe in. I know this is the liberal mantra and anything, ANYTHING, that fall outside of that is to be shat upon.

As you are well aware, you have already won. All you require is for us is to accept it!! Live with it.

Guess what? it's not happening.

Dissolving the Union is an idea that allows a peaceful resolution..."childish, cop-out", sorry, not true.

There are other alternatives that would be far less palatable than dissolving the Union.

Surely, your not that blind that you don't see that?
edit on 23-8-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I disagree with your defeatist attitude.

The revolution is gaining momentum.
The younger generations are waking up - now is not the time to stop - but to continue, and push ever stronger.
I've manged to make at least 200 other people start questioning the things around them. (in just 3 years)

Your revolution should get personal. Get passionate.
We are all rain drops, but together we can make waves.
The next 20 years will decide our fate. Now is the time to act.
Internment camps have been built over the last 4 decades - when do you think they will be implemented?
Syria and Iran are the last two soveriegn nations hindering the New World Order - as is Putin.
Major progression is happening in these sectors right now

If you've ever wondered why your here, right now... There''s your answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join